Christian Weddings
Options

Prayers needed...

One of my best friends has been struggling hard lately, with school and depression and just general life issues. He recently made the very wise decision (IMO) to take some time off school and focus on working and getting better. He talked to his parents, who are not always the most understanding people, about it, and they agreed it was a good idea. Today he finished the quarter and went home, and I just got the following phone call from him:

J: Hey, I know you said you're busy tonight, but could we maybe hang out for a little while?
Me: Not really, I'm going somewhere with my dad in an hour. Why, what's up?
J: Oh, ok. I'm trying to find a place to stay tonight, but I'll keep looking.
Me: Say what now?
J: Yeah... let's just say I'm no longer welcome in my house. It's a long story.
Me: Um... ok? What happened?
J: I'll tell you later... like I said, it's a long story. I'll keep you posted though.

I have no idea what's going on, but I worry about this kid a lot... please pray :/

Re: Prayers needed...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry. I have a very dear friend who struggles with depression and school and supporting her took a great toll on me my junior year.

Obviously you should be there for him and be praying for him, but please find people who can support you and give advice. Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" really helped me. Initially I tried to take all her burdens on myself and then I realize that not only was I physically and emotionally too weak to do that, but that isn't my job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will say a prayer. 
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that, your bf will definitely be in my prayers. That's a tough situation to go through, and you need the support of your loved ones the most.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards