Christian Weddings
Options

Poll - Your Wedding

The roll call is rarely used and I was thinking it may be time for an update anyway.  So please tell us:

Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married?

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)?

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what?

Edit - What I meant was either someone singing during the ceremony or a song that the guests sing - like a hymn or chorus.  Or possibly you are having an instrumental piece played during the ceremony.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.)

Re: Poll - Your Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

Happily married!

When is/was your wedding date?

August 13, 2011

If you mean singers and musicians then no. But we didn't really have traditional music either.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?

Yes, but I forget exactly what verses we used. The pastor read them as part of the ceremony

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?

Seeing H's face when I walked down the aisle. We had a first look, but his expression was still priceless.

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.)

Traditional.. summer.. fun?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Engaged!

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)?
    11/26/11.

Uhh, if you mean like a musician or string quartet, then no. But we're going to have specific songs (not instrumentals) for certain parts of the ceremony. Not 100% on them yet though.

We probably won't...or if we do, maybe one or two short ones.

I'm probably most excited about a few things: getting ready with my BMs, putting the dress on for the real deal, seeing FI's face when I walk down the aisle, and hearing my new name announced! I can't wait to be Mrs. FI's last name lol.

Probably vintagey fall, if that makes sense. It's not really a "fall" theme, with leaves and acorns or anything. But we're incorporating the colors and the feeling of fall, if that makes sense. And the house we're getting married at is a restored house from the early 1900s.
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married? Engaged

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? July 28, 2012

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what? We are still in the process of choosing all this right now.

We do plan to have two or three but are still deciding. We really like:
    1 John 4:7-17
    "Let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us."

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)? I'm sooo excited to see FI's face when I walk down the aisle. I'm hoping for tears :) haha.

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.) I would say rustic elegance, semi-formal, summer....
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married? Married :0)

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? June 26th, 2010

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what? No

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what? My cousin did a reading from the book we used in our marriage study with our officiant and his wife and our officiant also did a short sermon on marriage and what the Bible meant it to be.

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)? Dancing and having fun with our family and friends. It was so amazing to just see everyone we love all in the same place. The day is pretty much a blur, but those memories are the best part. This is why I highly suggest getting a videographer. If we didn't have our wedding video, we would have missed out on so much.

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.) Ours was a traditional/elegant/summer wedding. We had the ceremony and cocktail hour outside on the water and moved inside for the reception. We had a slight theme of butterflies and I called it "He gives me butterflies" but we definitely didn't overdo it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married? engaged

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? June 16, 2012

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what? My cousin is a semi-professional pianoist and he is going to be playing all the music. At the very end, we will walk out to bag pipes and they bag piper will lead the guest to the reception.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what? working on this still. I know I want to, just haven't finalized them yet

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)? I want to remember everyone having a fun time celebrating our wedding.

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.) no theme but traditional is the main "thought" behind all the things we are deciding on

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? April 14, 2012

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what? We are planning on having someone sing (don't know what yet) as well as having everyone there sing our favorite hymns.  Mine is Great is Thy Faithfulness, FI hasn't decided fully yet what he wants his to be.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what? Currently we are planning on using I Corinthians 13.

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)? I'm looking forward to celebrating with our family and friends.  Nothing specific yet :)

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.) Spring, semi-formal
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

MARRIED!!!

June 11, 2011

Congregational Hymn- The Doxology
    Cord of Three Strands- Love Never Fails (Brandon Heath)
    Signing of Marriage Covenant- When I Say I Do (Matthew West)

DH's dad based the "sermonette" on Colossians 3:12-15

I remember just being so beyond ready to marry the amazing man God has placed in my life.  Neither of us had cold feet at all throughout the entire "courdating"/engagement/wedding week process.  We were just ready to enter into the covenant and start our life together.

We were both really nervous about our first kiss ever being in front of 300 people.  

Semi-formal, traditional Baptist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? September 23,2011

Not planning to.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony? 

I want to read the words from Psalms to FI before the vows.:

Saying our vows to each other.

Casual family gathering + some fancy touches for the reception. Very simple civil ceremony.
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Engaged!
    03/03/2012
    Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony? Love Never Fails Brandon Heath.MP3... Lots of Hymns!  If so, what?

Song of Solomon 2:10-14,16a;8:6-7a
    My beloved spoke and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. 
 See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.  Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, 
the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. 
Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.” My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, 
show me your face, let me hear your voice; 
for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely. Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; 
for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. 
It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away.
    1 Peter 3 1-7  Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear. Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.And the Canticle of Love
    What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?Doing my Hair... and of Course seeing  FI's face! 

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.) High Traditon, Budget
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    married!!!
    When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? June 4,2011

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony? If so, what? The church organist played for us.  We sang " Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee"

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony? If so, what?
    My brother read from Tobit, DH's Godfather read from II Corinthians, and the minster read from The Gospel of John. I would look it up, but I'm watching a statistics lecture on the other half of my computer screen.  Text is in my bio.

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best? Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)? sniffling during Prayers for the People.  The minister wrapping his stole around our arms (What God has put together let no man put assunder!).

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be? (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.)  traditional and semi-formal
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Engaged!
    12/31/11
    We've decided to do a lot of fun, non-traditional songs. We're using Colbie Calliet's songs "I Do" and "You Got Me" for different parts. We're also using an instrumental version of "Don't Stop Believing"
    We haven't planned this. My dad and best friend's dad is marrying us, so we're working with them to fingure out the structure we want and then my dad asked if he could fill in scriptures and things he wants to use for us.
    I'm really excited to walk down the aisle towards FI!
    Simple, non-traditional.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married?  Married

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)?  October 10, 2009

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what?  Honestly by Stryper and All of Me by Stryper (what can I say - DH likes Stryper)
    Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?  Ecclesiastes 4:9 - 12 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-12

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?  When the pastor announced that we were married, I took a mental picture of DH (like Pam had done on The Office) so that I could remember that moment.  

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.)  Fall, casual
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I engaged! :)

May 27th 2012

Yes but I don’t know what it is called.  All Orthodox weddings have certain songs that go with it.  Generally just the choir sings it but anyone can if they know it.

There will be but I am not sure which ones yet.

Seeing FI’s face as I come towards him, our first dance, and taking pictures with him.

Traditional and I hope simple elegance :)

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Married!

August 6, 2011 :D

Nope!

1 Corinthians 13

I clearly remember the things our favorite minister said and my grandpa said during the ceremony. I also have a very clear memory of watching H while I was walking down the aisle. :)

It was pretty traditional...oh and it was during the summer. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Married - and very happy!

January 16, 2011

Edit - What I meant was either someone singing during the ceremony or a song that the guests sing - like a hymn or chorus.  Or possibly you are having an instrumental piece played during the ceremony.
    DH's Honor Attendant sang "When You Say You Love Me" during communion for the two of us.

Yes. Jeremiah 29:11-13, and a passage by Beuchner about what the vows mean.

There are lots of little things that still make me grin foolishly when I think back on them. But I think the best memory was just how much fun we had the entire day, goofing off while taking pictures and doing silly dances at the reception.

Simple elegance. I'd say winter, too, but in AZ it doesn't mean much. ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married? Married! 

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? July 8, 2011

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what? My friend/BM and my pastor's husband did a duet- Pastor's husband sang and played guitar, BM sang and the music teacher at the school where I teach played piano. And at the reception, the same BM sang the last song- At Last by Etta James- video links here if you're bored... first is ceremony, second is reception... 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6h76N8ITY&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCX7n6030L8&feature=related
    Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what? Yes. 1 John 4:7-12. I forget which one our pastor read. It's in the program but I'm too tired to go look for it haha. 

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)? Everything! The entire day was perfect and I will always cherish that day. 

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.) It was Our Love Story... So books, stories, etc were a part of the save-the-dates, invitations, programs, centerpieces, escort cards, card box, etc. 
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married? Engaged... not much longer though!

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? 19 days away!!!! October 8, 2011

We're having "Indescribable' as our opening worship song, "Here I am to worship" during communion, and "Shine Jesus Shine" for the candle lighting ceremony.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?We are having 2 friends read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, and Ephesians 5:21-31

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)? I am most excited about exchaning vows and rings and our first kiss at the ceremony that makes us man and wife, and then celebrating with all our loved ones!

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.) Very classic elegance- If you are unfamiliar with it... we are having a VERY typical NY style Italian wedding

There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)? Nov. 12, 2012

Yes
    Preludes: Lots of Bach, Pachelbel's Canon in D, other pieces we heard on early dates
    Processional: The Church's One Foundation
    Sermon hymn: Sing Praise to God Who Spoke Through Man
    Offertory hymn: May the Grace of Christ Our Saviour
    Communion hymn: Adoro devote, in English
    Recessional hymn: For All the Saints
    Postlude: Fanfare on Sine Nomine

Yes. I Cor. 13, Eph. 5:20ff, Matt. 19:4ff, Psalm verses I can't look up at the office

Meeting first cousins once-removed

By-the-Book Anglican, but with a chuppah and glass-breaking

• Options
    kcadonaukcadonau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    married!
    When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)?june 12, 2011

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what?we didn't have any special music during the ceremony besides one song that played during communion, which actually turned out to not be the song we wanted, but i didn't even notice lol
    Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?we actually didn't have any readings either now that i think about it, but my uncle who was officiating gave a few words on marriage and what the bible says about it

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?haha, a couple of things. during communion, DH drank down the whole cup of grape juice cuz he was so thirsty, so i picked my cup back up and drank the rest of mine too cuz i felt weird! also, during the reception when DH went to do the garter toss, it landed literally a foot behind him, and one of my cousins dove and slid across the dance floor to get it lol

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall,ooh we had a beach theme, i loved it! 
    Formerly yarmik89 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married?Married

Dec 14, 2002

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what?Edit - What I meant was either someone singing during the ceremony or a song that the guests sing - like a hymn or chorus.  Or possibly you are having an instrumental piece played during the ceremony.Yes.  We had a ton.  My cousin sang the song the H and our pastor processed to (Doubly Good to You), and she and her husband dueted on the candlelighting song (The Wedding Song - There is Love).  They also sang our unity candle song (I Will be Here).  Our recessional was Take Me Out to the Ball Game and our guests spontaneously joined in.

Oh - more music!  We had a song called "Love" sung in lieu of a scripture reading.  It was 1 Cor 13 done in song.

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?Oy, so many things.  my dad telling me to slow down as we walked down the aisle, my SILs being late because SIL fried her hair and other SIL couldn't figure out what to do with it, my best friend falling over when she was swing dancing at the reception!, dancing to Barbara Ann with my dad...So many great memories of that day!

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.)Christmas with a baseball twist
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks joesgurl, I've been looking for a good time to come back to TK/this board after my wedding/honeymoon break.  This will serve as a good introduction!

Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married?  Married

When is/was your wedding date? August 20 2011

Yes - a violin and singer and pianist did Laudate Dominum, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, and Come What May.  Hymns during the service were Blest Are They and Beautiful Savior.  Our processional was Happy Together by the Turtles and the congregation/guests sang along.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony? Yes, we had three: Romans 12:1-2, 9-18, Matthew 5:14-16, and the Apache Wedding Prayer.

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Walking down the aisle to meet my H.  And hearing all the wonderful speeches from our family and close friends.

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  Traditional, simple, elegant, colourful.

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married?Engaged.

When is/was your wedding date (or if not yet engaged, what year do you hope to get married)?12/22/12-- our 7 year anniversary!

Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what?Nothing special. A violinist. We haven't decided on music selections yet!

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?We will, but we aren't sure what they are yet. We hired our officiant and love him. Hopefully he'll have some good ideas!

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?The actual wedding itself! I can't wait to get dressed up, take pictures, feel the excitment, etc.

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.)Destination, fun, somewhat casual, very "us"

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    megan213megan213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Married

September 10, 2011

No special music.  We had a string trio, but played traditional music.

Yes.  We had Psalms 145:18-19 read

There are so many things I remember, but my favorite moment was when I got to the altar and stood next to my husband, he whispered "I love you".  

Rustic, romantic elegance

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:48a05f82-65c0-4c7d-bb31-d42ffe27c40bPost:3ae41880-86b3-44ff-aa82-1ffa7b994e6a">Re: Poll - Your Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are so many things I remember, but my favorite moment was when I got to the altar and stood next to my husband, he whispered "I love you".  Posted by megan213[/QUOTE]

So sweet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I'm really late to this post, and I've posted only a few times on this board since moving back to school a few weeks ago. Maybe things will calm down soon and I can actually participate again! :)  Are you not yet engaged, engaged or married?engaged

May 26, 2012
    Did you/will you have special music during your ceremony?  If so, what?Edit - What I meant was either someone singing during the ceremony or a song that the guests sing - like a hymn or chorus.  Or possibly you are having an instrumental piece played during the ceremony.We're playing the song FI wrote for me during our sand covenant.

Did you/will you have scriptures or other readings in your ceremony?  If so, what?We're still working on this one. I have a rough draft of our ceremony, but it is very rough. 

What is one thing from your wedding day that you remember best?  Or if not yet married, what is the one thing on your day that you are most excited about (besides being married)?I'm super excited about seeing all my family and friends that I haven't seen in a while. Other than that, I just can't wait to be his Mrs.!

If you had to describe a theme for your wedding, what would it be?  (E.g. traditional, elegant, casual, formal, spring, fall, destination, etc.)pretty traditional, spring
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards