Christian Weddings
Options

Baby Fever

Do any of you have it yet? If it were up to me, I would have TTC on our wedding night haha. My H wants to wait a year, which is totally fine. I know a lot of people who want kids want to wait even longer than that. I am totally the opposite of "woman power", when it comes to kids. I'd totally be a stay-at-home mom if we could afford it (which I am trying to convince H that we CAN afford it haha). Also, he wants 2 and I want 4. I'm hoping I can win that one haha. Ultimately I know it's God's timing when we have a baby and also it's His will as to how many we have. But I do LOVE thinking about it... and thinking about names, too! 

PS- I didn't write this just because of the recent pregnancy announcement on here... I think about it all day, everyday... Just finally typed it up haha. 

PPS- We may have had a discussion like this not too long ago... If we did, sorry to be repetitive! 

Re: Baby Fever

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DON'T have baby fever. I have PUPPY fever. BAD. Seriously.

FI and I are young (22 and 20 respectively) and are going to wait to try to get pregnant until I'm 25. We want time to just enjoy each other and being married.

That said, we do have our baby names picked out (Avery for a girl, Graham for a boy--backup names in case we have two girls or two boys: Piper for the girl and Jack for the boy)! And, babies are adorable.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_baby-fever-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:48dba485-f14c-4a45-8970-e0cf1a53379ePost:71a377ba-8a47-42ae-bca2-f97e08589e01">Re: Baby Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]I DON'T have baby fever. I have PUPPY fever. BAD. Seriously. FI and I are young (22 and 20 respectively) and are going to wait to try to get pregnant until I'm 25. We want time to just enjoy each other and being married. That said, we do have our baby names picked out (Avery for a girl, Graham for a boy)! And, babies are adorable.
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

A second the puppy fever motion. I want a pet SO badly!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do and I don't all at once ... 

All I know is that I want to be a stay-at-home mom once we choose to have children, and we figure that means we will be trying to put it off for a few years, until we can buy a house and have a decent amount of savings built up so that I can stay at home as I would like. H knows I'd like to get started before I'm 30 (I'm 25 now) so we will probable revisit the issue in three or four years.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do. We're wanting to wait until H is out of school, but I will be surprised if we make it that far...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah....no.  I have no desire to have a child and would honestly freak out if something happened and I got pregnant.  I get scared every month as soon as I hit the placebo pills until my period comes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not. At. All. 

My dog is enough work for me thank-you-very-much. 

PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

99% of the time No WAY! haha. But I'm 23 and still in graduate school.

If I were older and steady in my career I definitely would though. A couple of my friends have recently had babies and I get a little twinge of jealousy. And I'm a nanny for an 8 month old who I love to pieces. So there are definitely times where I want a little baby of my own! Laughing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    H and I said we would wait at least a year.  We've now been married fourteen months, but we're still not TTC yet.  I'm training for an early November marathon, and after that all bets are off.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I have baby fever. I have always wanted to be a mom and with the wedding slowly getting closed, it's something I think about a lot. I was hoping with my niece being born, it would scratch the itch haha. It has and it hasn't. The thought of having babies freaks FI out. Bless his heart, I guess its a guy thing. We will wait 1 1/2 - 2 years after getting married to start TTC.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_baby-fever-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:48dba485-f14c-4a45-8970-e0cf1a53379ePost:71a377ba-8a47-42ae-bca2-f97e08589e01">Re: Baby Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]I DON'T have baby fever. I have PUPPY fever. BAD. Seriously. FI and I are young (22 and 20 respectively) and are going to wait to try to get pregnant until I'm 25. We want time to just enjoy each other and being married. That said, we do have our baby names picked out (Avery for a girl, Graham for a boy--backup names in case we have two girls or two boys: Piper for the girl and Jack for the boy)! And, babies are adorable.
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

No baby fever, but I have dog names picked out: Lee and Jack/Jackie.

I would cry if I got pregnant, and not out of happiness.  DH and I have no intentions of ever aving children.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we have a post about this on this board about once a month, lol.

FI and I are planning on waiting until our 5-year wedding anniversary to start trying.  (We'll both be 23 when we get married, so we'll both be 28 then.)  And since I'll supposedly need fertility help to get pregnant, it'll probably be a couple years after that before we finally have a baby, and then we'll probably stop at one.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have baby fever so bad!!! If it were up to me we would TTC on our wedding night. FI and I have agreed to wait 1-2 years after marriage (in my plan- I'm going to come off the pill on our 1 year anniversary and neither try nor prevent at that point, leave it to God's will).

Hopefully for the next year my little furbaby keeps me occupied enough ;)
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have baby fever! Before getting married wmy H and I  decided we were going to TTC right away. It hasn't happened for us yet...hopefully soon. I have a 9 year old from a previous relationship so there's already a gap that I would prefer not go any larger but if it's God's will, it will happen soon.
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I can't wait to be a mom! I've always wanted at least 4 kids and FI doesn't want to wait too long after the wedding either. We're not planning on TTC until about a year and a half after the wedding because we want FI to finish school and find a job before then. Of course, if it happens before then we would be thrilled!

I have puppy fever so bad right now!! I've been bugging FI for a puppy for ages, but he wisely said I need to wait until after the wedding ( I'm finishing up a full time internship and completing grad school at the moment).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is going to be a while before H and I start TTC. We are still young (22 and 23), just starting our careers, and paying off a great amount of student loan debt. So we are waiting for around 5 years before we revisit the topic. We both know we want kids, but we have time so we are going to use the 5 years to enjoy each other, pay off loans, save up money, and do some traveling. 
    H always says I have baby fever, but I remind him that all I really want is to hold babies and give them back after :)
    Also, the puppy thing is definitely on our minds... but we don't have a yard or a lot of room in our apartment so it may be a couple years til we are in a spot where a puppy can come into our lives. 
    I really am so looking forward to being a mother though :) in God's time :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It makes sense that some of you who do want children want to wait awhile, because you are getting married younger than I did. My H and I were both 26 when we got married (we still are 26, considering the fact that we have been married less than 3 months haha). I would love to have at least one child before I turn 30 and if we conceive when we are 27 and have the baby at 28, there ya go. If we had gotten married at 22 or 23 like a lot of you girls, we may have wanted to wait longer too. Anyway, I was hoping at least SOMEONE would feel the same as me so I know I'm not crazy. Haha glad that some of you do. And FaithCaitlin, those are pretty names! 

And I would have dog fever too if I didn't already have one who keeps my hands full haha. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_baby-fever-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:48dba485-f14c-4a45-8970-e0cf1a53379ePost:0457f652-0687-45ca-b710-aa20c3562420">Re: Baby Fever</a>:
    [QUOTE]It makes sense that some of you who do want children want to wait awhile, because you are getting married younger than I did. My H and I were both 26 when we got married (we still are 26, considering the fact that we have been married less than 3 months haha).<strong> I would love to have at least one child before I turn 30</strong> and if we conceive when we are 27 and have the baby at 28, there ya go. If we had gotten married at 22 or 23 like a lot of you girls, we may have wanted to wait longer too. Anyway, I was hoping at least SOMEONE would feel the same as me so I know I'm not crazy. Haha glad that some of you do. And FaithCaitlin, those are pretty names!  And I would have dog fever too if I didn't already have one who keeps my hands full haha. 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

I would love to be pregnant on my 30th birthday, a litlte less than six months from now.  We'll see!
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bounce back and forth between really really wanting kids, and being very thankful that we're not having them yet. Since I'll be a SAHM once we do, I'm enjoying working and contributing to our savings toward a house right now. And my nephews are usually enough right now for me to get my kid fix. But I still get jealous every time one of my friends announces a pregnancy or birth. And if my SIL gets pregnant right away (they'll TTC again in Feb), I think it would be so cool to be pregnant at the same time as her. Plus, I kinda want to be pregnant at age 30 (which is next year). So yeah, yo-yo here. ;)

PS We also have names kinda picked out. We have so many more girl names than boys, though, so hopefully we get girls!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well... My puppy is keeping my hands full... But on the bright side I checked with my current health insurance and it covers me even tho I'm still under my mom thanks to that new law! Now I've been wanting to go into baby clothes stores and look around! I have my first appoinment with the Midwife on the 17th! So excited... after that appointment we will tell our parents but we wanted more of an offical confirmation on the baby like the due date before we told them... 

Our Names are 
    Boy: John Walker will call Walker baby will be the fourth John if its a boy! 
    Girl: Brooklyn Alexandria its a name I've loved forever and FH loved it when I told him
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards