Christian Weddings
Options

QOTW - Week of May 15 - Make-up

What are you doing (or what did you do) for your wedding day make-up?  

Your normal routine?
New make-up DIY style?
Hire a make-up artist?
Something else?

Re: QOTW - Week of May 15 - Make-up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think that my bridal party and i are gonna go to the MAC counter and get our makeup done professionally. i think that it'll be fun for all of us to be pampered and it IS the most photographed day of my life..... i wanna make sure i look my best! (: 

its only $50 and you get $50 worth of product...so that will be nice. (: you get your makeup done and get to go home with makeup! 
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't wear make up normally. Part of it is that I'm too allergic to most things out there and the other part of it is that I enjoy being able to wake up an hour before I need to be somewhere and having enough time to get dressed, eat, and Knot. :P

For the big day, I'm going to have my mom do something. At first, I didn't want any, but reading TK and talking to my mom some more, I've realized that i should do something. We haven't really figured out what this is yet, but we're both on the same page: simple.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a tried-and-true look I use on special occasions, which is my normal routine plus some light bronzer, natural eyeshadow, mascara, and a little lip color (usually gloss, but that may not stay as well as lipstick). Very simple, and just barely noticeable.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My normal routine is: sunscreen, moisturizer, foundation, light eye shadow, mascara and blush. Although it sounds like a lot, my makeup is always pretty light! I am going to DIY my makeup for the wedding. I surprisingly am very good at doing makeup and have done stage makeup since I was young (won't be doing anything stage makeup related for the wedding but the experience has helped!). Wedding day makeup: same as normal day with heavier and glittery eye shadow as well as dark brown eye liner and a lip stain!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL has a friend who works for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. She is coming to my hotel the day of the wedding to do my makeup. We did a triel and I really liked it! I do my makeup everyday, but I was concerned about it staying on all day, so I wanted someone to do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I either don't wear make up or I wear tinted mosturizer, light eye shadow, a little blush, mascara, tinted lip balm, and lip gloss. I'm letting my sister do my make up. I want to keep it very light and fresh since I don't wear make up that often and I want to just look like a better me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a good friend who is a make up artist, so she did my makeup for the wedding as my wedding gift.  I loved it!  My normal routine is nothing, with foundation, eye shadow and mascara for special occasions, so I really needed the help!
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hired a makeup artist. I enjoy having my makeup done professionally because I don't wear much day to day.
    Also, since we are haiving an evening wedding, I wanted something a little more dramatic than I am capable of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Every-day, I typically use Mary Kay velocity cleanser and lotion, then eye liner and mascara.  Not much else.  On dressy-occasions I'll jazz it up with foundation, blush, eye shadow contouring, the works.  

For the Wedding: I am going to get color-matched one more time at the Clinique Counter close to the wedding, and I'm DIYing my make-up.  Using my cleanser / toner / lotion from Clinique, then anti-redness primer (L'oreal Studio Secrets, it's green), then Clinique foundation, blush, eye shadows from the Clinique counter (getting her to do it again then I'll buy them for myself), etc.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and THIS is my wedding day inspiration look: 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies - one tip - I was told not to wear foundation with SPF on my wedding day.  It can give you a washed out look if the picture is an inside picture taken with a flash (the flash is likely to reflect off the SPF).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh good advice, joesgirl!!! (: 

for all you ladies going to DIY makeup... Kandee Johnson ( a beloved professional makeup artist, youtube star, and wonderful blogger) has some videos on wedding makeup. the first is her most recent one. (: but i think its the same look. lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards