Christian Weddings
Options

Weekly Recaps!

Share five highlights/lowlights/events/thoughts whatever about your week!

Looking forward to reading about all y'all's weeks! :)
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Weekly Recaps!

• Options
    Study, study, study for me.  First-year law school gets kind of lonely.  I miss having time to develop good friendships or go to church when I would like to.  I'm supposed to go to a law school auction tomorrow to help raise money for scholarships, and even the people closest to me (also married students) are kind of flaking out on me.  Oh well... only eight more weeks to go.  And at least the weather is nice now. 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    1.  We had to put our dog down on Sunday.  It was super sad but we know that he is in a much better place and not in pain any more.
    2.  We finalized our music selections!
    3.  I finished my TY notes for the 1st shower- just in time to start writing the one for the 2nd shower next week :)
    4.  I have no motivation to start packing my room.  I'm currently living with my parents until the wedding and need to start going through and packing things, but I really don't like packing and I'm terrible at it.
    5.  My best friend (BM) got engaged this weekend!!  So excited for her and so happy that we will be engaged for a short time together :)
  • Options
    @clcranda, I am sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put my family pet down last spring and I still miss her.

1. We had our first wedding shower this past weekend and it was wonderful. Some drama/tension with the BM's but over all it was a great day.

2. We got some great news about FI's best man. I can't share the details because he is in the military but it's exciting.

3. My brother passed his test for Jump Master Instrutor for the Army. This is a HUGE career move for him and opens up so many doors for him. So proud of my baby brother.

4. I finished the Hunger Games series this week. I loved the first one, felt ok about the second one and the third was good. I don't know if I will go see the movie, may wait for the newness to wear off.

5. Love the spring weather! The weather has been wonderful here lately. Nice warm days, cool windows at night so you can sleep with the windows open. I love spring because you can really see God's finger print in nature with the flowers and trees blooming, bee's buzzing, etc
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. I realized that the store we were getting our invitation supplies from went out of business and had to rethink invites - BUT that lead to invites I like even better than the originals :)

2. I had a long talk yesterday with one of my coworkers re: adoption in Canada and am getting really excited. I understand that it is going to take a few years likely through Children's Aid, but its free so that's something, right? lol

3. I had my second dress fitting since my sister started working on my mom's dress, and the first on my reception dress and came out feeling even better about it all then going into it :)

4. FI and I put together a plan to have the wedding paid off and completely out of debt by this time next year. This works great because we also want to look into buying a house in the near future and knowing we won't have his credit card, line of credit, car payments, etc to deal with will make it a lot less stressful!

5. Started blogging lol Its kinda all over the map what I'm blogging about, and I've tried blogging before but this time its more 'me' rather than trying to fit any particular topic :)
  • Options
    1.  Friday was Match Day, which is when 4th year med students find out where they'll be going for residency.  I have two friends whose SOs will be at Duke, which is only a few hours from here, and there's a possibility that DH will be placed there for his fellowship in a couple of years.

2.  DH had to work Friday night and Saturday night.  I spent a lot of time reading.  I read The Lady of the Rivers by Philipa Gregory (third book in the series about the War of Roses).  I also read Suck You Stomach In & Put Some Color On, which had been recommended by a couple of friends.

3.  Had book club Monday night!  We're reading Good in Bed, which isn't quite as sketchy as it sounds, but it took an unexpect turn that I don't like.

4.  My birthday was Sunday!  DH and I went to a Chinese restaraunt with two other friends. I decided to be healthy and get my mango chicken steamed instead of fried, but I don't think I'll do that again. :P

5.  We've discovered TWO wasps' nests on our porch.  I'd seen several wasps lately, but I hadn't been going out there because of all the pollen (I have spring allergies.).  We need to have maintainence come and get rid of them, which will probably take a while.  They need to fix the blinds on the porch door too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1. My mom and I went wedding shopping on Saturday. We got to Hobby Lobby and found out that most of their wedding stuff was 50% off! Score! We came home with a trunk load of purple stuff! 

2. I started a new blog and am writing about how Rohn and I met and got to know each other. I've been wanting to sit down and write out our story for quite some time, so I'm happy to finally be working on it. I want our kids to be able to go back someday and read all the details of how we met and fell in love!

3. Got to hang out with a couple close friends! My two besties as well as my sister are all going to school in different states and my friends that are around are mostly very busy. I've been severely girl-time deprived, so it was much needed! (yup, that's why I hang out here, to get my virtual girl-time)

4. Since this week is spring break for all the schools where I live, I got a much needed break from teaching Weekday Bible School.  I love teaching, but it's refreshing to have a week where I don't have to get a lesson ready every once in a while. 

5. There are only 66 more days until the wedding! I've been missing my FI so badly. I am SO ready to just be married to this man already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. My iPhone died so I got a new Android! LOVE it!

2. Hunger Games tomorrow!! 'Nuff said!

3. Studying for a big scary exam tomorrow. :(

4. Our apartment is almost done!

5. FI and I are registering on Friday!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    1. I quit my job and took another one. It's been a whirlwind, so I'm excited for things to die down. The new one will be HUGE for us, so it's been a major blessing. 

2. I'm headed to CO tomorrow to do about 12 hours straight of vendor meetings. It is going to SUCK but I'm excited to get through it and have a few days at home with my parents. 

3. I preached for the first time on Sunday which was really fun. 

4. It was finals week and now we're on a break-- so that'll be super nice! 

5. Started reading Dangerously Close and Incredibly Loud. Thus far it's been really good! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    1. We started a new thing this week at our church, "foyer groups" which are basically just social groups so that people from church can get to know people they may not otherwise get to know.  Our group had its first meeting Sunday night. I didn't think I was going to get to go, but in the end I unexpectedly got to and I'm so glad I did. I just love my church adn the people in it. We did dinner at one couple's house and it was just lovely with a view overlooking the mountains.  And the prayer time afterwards was just so intimate!
    I am going to miss my church so much when I move to India!! :'(

2. My sister announced she and her fiance are putting off their wedding. They'r still together and will get married... just not this October. This is kind of huge news. And for Ryan and I, it removes a lot of pressure from us.

3. My books to review are really piling up! I just finished a novel I will review today, and I think I'll get the next book done by tonight, but that still means I have three non-fiction titles, one novel, my wedding planner and a New Testament left to review! I'll get it all done, but it's kind of overwhelming when I think about it... plus I'm reading the Bible in 90 days. Grace, grace, grace!

4. It hit me this week that I am actually somewhat busy in the weeks ahead! I am unemployed and I'm used to not having any plans but I have a wedding to attend, a birthday party, a dinner party, bowling, a special Good Friday event I am a part of, plus church and Bible Study. I might actually have to use a calendar to keep it straight! I haven't had to do that in a longgg time!

5. Ryan has an interview tomorrow!!! Which is really tonight for us. Please say a prayer (I'll probably do a separate prayer request). It's a complicated situation and Ryan has mixed feelings but we need this income sooo bad. Prayers that  God's will be done and Ryan's heart has peace.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards