Christian Weddings
Options

Praise God! Extravagant Love

Hey girls!

Yesterday FI and I went to our new church's event "Extravagant Love" for married/engaged couples. I wanted to report that it was awesome!!! We got to meet the leaders of the 20s/30s married ministry and they added us to their contact list so we can join in on their meetings/Bible studies/events. We got to fellowship and have brunch for about an hour (which I LOVE, since we get to hang out and meet a whole number of married Christians). After the brunch we had two speakers- a husband first and the wife second. The two are married 27 years and had some completely amazing insight. The husband speaker spoke on Ephesians 5:21-30 (which is one of our readings for our wedding ceremony) and he gave me a whole new out look on that scripture that was amazing. The wife spoke about the roles of a man and woman in marriage and told us girls that we are the builders while the husbands are the providers. The whole thing concluded with each couple facing each other, hugging or holding hands and just praying for themselves, their marriage and their spouse. Overall an AMAZING saturday!!

We got a list of 20 things to do to keep your love alive with your spouse (if anyone wants it PM me and I'll type them up).

Oh and PS- they told us that they called it "extravagant" because that means expensive- or in other words "Costly" and to remind us that our love with Christ and our husbands/wives is Costly and will take work.

We are SO blessed to have this church to end up our engagement period and start off our marriage. Praise God!!!
There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Praise God! Extravagant Love

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am so happy for you!! That sounds amazing! I wish we had that around here! Your new church sounds wonderful and I am so glad you found it! 
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! It sounds like it was really beneficial! So happy you found this new church!

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested in the list of 20 things to do to keep your love alive! Thanks!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like an amazing class! I too wish we had something like that where we lived.

I too would like the list, however PM has never worked for me Undecided
    Are you a member of the Facebook group??

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls. I'm not actually on the facebook group. What's it called? I'll look for it. Since a few of you want it here are:

"20 Ways to Show Extravagant Love" curtesy of Shelter Rock Church.

1. Save the last cookie or last peice of cake for your spouse.
    2. Leave a favorite snack on the seat of your spouse's car.
    3. Compliment your mate in front of friends and family.
    4. Light a candle in the bedroom.
    5. Put down everything to greet your spouse at the end of the day.
    6. Fill the gas tank in your spouse's car- as a surprise.
    7. Light candles with dinner.
    8. Turn your socks right-side out before throwing them in the hamper.
    9. Be adventerous- meet for lunch at an ethnic restaurant you've never tried.
    10. Rent a movie you watched during your courtship days.
    11. Buy an "I love you" card and mail it to your spouse at work.
    12. Make plans to re-create your first date.
    13. When the dryer buzzes, instead of looking at your spouse, volunteer to fold the clothes.
    14. When one of you is indoors and the other is outside, knock on the window and blow a kiss.
    15. When you're finished driving, put the seat back to your mate's preferred position.
    16. Hold hands instead of holding the remote control.
    17. Kiss at stop lights.
    18. Hide love notes around the house where your spouse will find them.
    19. The next time you disagree with your spouse, acknowledge the possibility that you could be wrong.
    20. Get involved in a ndw ministry together.
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the list! There are some good ideas on there!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow!!!! Your new church sounds soo amazing! and that group sounds like it is JUST what you and FI need!!! (: that is soo wonderful!

thanks for those 20 things to keep your love alive!!! (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the list!! I will be sharing this with FI tonight

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards