Christian Weddings
Options

**mrandmrsbrist**

How was the weekend retreat? Anything you can share with all of us that was good.  (Sorry about the negativity, but hopefully there was something good!)  How is your back doing?

Re: **mrandmrsbrist**

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The retreat was fantastic, thank you for asking! FI and I made our way into town after a few sessions on the first day and found a package of Icy Hot patches so my back is doing a lot better. I'm going to take them to work with me tomorrow, but hopefully not have to use them.

Good things from the retreat:
    FI and I learned so much about the way we communicate with each other. One of the speakers was just talking about communication between you and your spouse and that was so helpful for us.

At the end of the last session we were asked to face each other and tell each other five things we loved about the other person. That was great to hear and everything, but the speaker then challenged us to try to fit at least a few compliments in during the week. For FI, this is kind of hard because he doesn't just throw compliments out there. He likes to compliment things that he really thinks are special or unusual instead of everyday things. He realized how important that was to me and promised to work on that.

One more thing: we both realized how important it is to read and pray together. There were a few married couples at the retreat that were there are mentors, kind of. FI isn't a big fan of taking advice from people, but one of them was sharing about how much reading and praying with her husband changed their marraige. FI and I do read and pray together, but we'd like to do it more often after we're married.

Wow...this got reaaaaally long. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!  I like to hear DH give me compliments and sometimes I even ask for them!  I'm glad your back is feeling better.  Have a great week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love everything you have learned!!!! (:  i told FI how much i enjoyed his compliments... he is trying to be better at it as well. 

and i have been complimenting him too. one morning i just complimented him a whole lot. i was telling him all the things i like about his looks (i.e. his muscly arms, his face, his lips). I just did it in a way that sounded truly genuine. i told him that i dont like super muscly guys but that he was the perfect toned for me. When i got to his house he told me that i made his morning from all of my sincere compliments. 
    Now that i know that... i try to do it more. FI is a HUGE words of affirmation guy - i need to love him like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards