Christian Weddings
Options

Wednesday QOTD

What was/is the thing you were/are dreaded/dreading the most about your wedding day?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wednesday QOTD

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    My mom turning into a psycho-control freak.  It's how she deals with stress and I was just waiting for her top to blow.  She was ok through most of the getting ready and the ceremony, but during group pictures after the ceremony and parts of the reception, IT emerged.  I saw her give "the look" to a few people.  They're still alive, but I'm pretty sure if the hotel's banquet manager crossed her path one more time, her head would have rolled.   She's the one who called 4 days before the wedding to say the hotel didn't have enough tables and chairs and there was "no way more than 100 people will show up on Saturday."  We had 260 confirmed...257 came.  They told us they could get 320 in the banquet hall, but had to borrow table and chairs from another hotel for our reception.  
  • Options
    I am not looking forward to assigning tables. We don't have the space at our reception venue for extra seats and tables so we have to assign tables. I am so afraid I am going to upset someone with their table assignment.
  • Options
    I wasn't looking forward to assigning tables, so I didn't.  We had a buffet-style dinner, so in the end I just reserved the sweetheart table for DH and me and 4 tables for the WP and immediate family members.  Everyone else could sit where they wanted.  Also, I never got about 72 RSVPs, so it would have been impossible to have assigned seats anyway.  I still have no clue how many people ACTUALLY came to my wedding, though MIL estimates about 225.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    I'm afriad of my hair going crazy! My hair is naturally curly and has a mind of it's own! On the days it behaves, it looks gorgeous. On the days it doesn't behave.......well, let's just hope my wedding day isn't one of those days!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was afraid my dad would get drunk.  He gets very angry, and I just didn't want to deal with it.  Fortunately, he was well-behaved.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:58158fb4-2a13-4ef4-861d-175453f162cePost:db764bf8-cf5a-4ea2-be6e-ea0f828267e0">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm afriad of my hair going crazy! My hair is naturally curly and has a mind of it's own! On the days it behaves, it looks gorgeous. On the days it doesn't behave.......well, let's just hope my wedding day isn't one of those days!
    Posted by BekahL90[/QUOTE]

Bekah, I just wanted to welcome you to our board! I saw where you introduced yourself on the "introduction" thread. I think we have a great group of ladies here and I can't wait to get to know you better and hear more about your big day!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:58158fb4-2a13-4ef4-861d-175453f162cePost:47e2c2f7-083e-4353-b76b-548e954acced">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday QOTD : Bekah, I just wanted to welcome you to our board! I saw where you introduced yourself on the "introduction" thread. I think we have a great group of ladies here and I can't wait to get to know you better and hear more about your big day!
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I'm really enjoying this board!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just terrified something will go wrong.. a vendor gets into an accident, someone is really sick, etc. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Not having my parents there.

Since we're probably only having the wedding in India, my parents won't be there. Breaks my heart a little.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    My mom ... and table assignments...yep
    Love is All You Need
  • Options
    I was so worried about the weather and had this irrational fear that someone would get into an accident either coming to the wedding or going home. The weather leading up to the wedding was calling for freezing rain and that didn't help at all! But as I said, it was an irrational fear and everyone made it to and from the wedding safely! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards