Christian Weddings
Options

Tuesday QOTD

Have any plans for Valentine's Day?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuesday QOTD

• Options
    Fi is cooking dinner!  That's about it...we're kind of over Valentine's day crowds, so we're having a nice night @ home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    We're doing dinner and gifts at home tonight.  We went out on Saturday, after DH gave me roses, a sweet card, and had roses down the hallway into the living room where our wedding songs were playing.  Then we danced.  :)
  • Options
    We went out for Valentines a couple weeks ago.  Since its Tuesday and we live an hour+ apart, we don't want to spend the gas money for two hours together.  FI did get me a card, which was sweet.  It's also exactly 2 months till our wedding today!
  • Options
    DH will be working until 8 so I will cook supper and be waiting for him to get home. We went out Saturday night since we knew tonight would not be possible.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    I'm going on a date with my coworker/friend.  H has to work, and a student's parents gave me tickets to a musical revue, so I'm taking our choir teacher, who is also one of my close friends.  H and I have never been into V-day; this is our 11th valentine's day together and we've never celebrated it.
  • Options
    I just got done getting everything prepped for tonight when I get off work.

I am baking a GF loaf of french bread and I made guac bruschetta to put over it, there are stuffed chicken breasts in the crock pot, and we're having roasted apples for dessert. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    We celebrated on Saturday-- did homemade gifts and cards!

My birthday was yesterday so it always seems to overshadow today!

We will probably watch a movie tonight and relax. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We're going to brave the crowds and go out. We usually go out a few days before to avoid the crowds, but since we've been busy (all weekend long) we decided to do it on Valentine's Day this year!
  • Options
    H sent flowers to my work and he made me dinner- cheese fondue! His card was wonderful. 
  • Options
    We do not celebrate valentines day.....yesterday was the anniverary of our first date... we went out on Sat. for that ...We saw The Vow... I did not cry .... Just not one of my favorite movies but i was with my FI so I did not care.. I did not even care that he fell asleep ..Good thing we had free tickets...
    Love is All You Need
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_tuesday-qotd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:58802a60-6e46-4fd9-b812-1e26bd88645dPost:c5ab76cd-7724-4308-9eb4-5fdbdaeb23eb">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We do not celebrate valentines day</strong>.....yesterday was the anniverary of our first date... we went out on Sat. for that ...We saw The Vow... I did not cry .... Just not one of my favorite movies but i was with my FI so I did not care.. I did not even care that he fell asleep ..Good thing we had free tickets...
    Posted by GunzNRoses213[/QUOTE]

<div>we don't either. </div><div>
    </div><div>everyone else enjoy your special nights! your plans sound great</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We celebrated on Saturday as well. H made me dinner (stuffed pork chops, roasted potatoes, and sauteed broccoli), drank some nice wine, ate chocolate covered strawberries, and we watched Footloose.

Tonight, I got Panera for us and we ate in my car during his dinner break. I got him a card and a t-shirt; he didn't get me a gift, but when I got home the kitchen, living room and bedroom were immaculately clean, which actually means more to me because I've been so overwhelmed lately I had been slacking in my housekeeping.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_tuesday-qotd-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:58802a60-6e46-4fd9-b812-1e26bd88645dPost:d2fae617-b7e0-41f9-b9a5-e4ed00f55483">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going on a date with my coworker/friend.  H has to work, and a student's parents gave me tickets to a musical revue, so I'm taking our choir teacher, who is also one of my close friends.  H and I have never been into V-day; this is our 11th valentine's day together and <strong>we've never celebrated it</strong>.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

<div>Us either. I'm a V-day cynic. I could go on a rant, but I'll spare ya ;)</div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    I love Valentine's Day.  I love the Christian message behind it- do you guys know the story of St. Valentine's? He was brave enough to marry couples when marriage had been declared illegal by a pagan ruler who wanted to keep his soldier free from family life entanglements. He was martyred for daring to do God's work and marry them.

But I also love it because it's three days before my birthday and you get chocolate.

Ryan and I, being long distance, just talked on the phone. I actually overslept and missed getting to talk to him during the bulk of the day and cried (no sobbed) because I felt so bad about it. In the end it wasn't a big deal though, because we got to talk when it was Vday for him and not me before I went to bed, and when it was for me and not him when he got out of bed, so we did get to talk on Valentine's for each of us... time differences are so weird.

My Valentine's Day tradition is to eat chocolates and watch chick flicks. Each year my dad gets me a box of chocolates... this year my parents are kind of broke so instead my mom gave me fresh banana bread and two Dove chocolates left over from Christmas and I decided that was good enough. I watched Eclipse from the Twilight Saga, which I figured is about as chick-flick-y as it gets... (Don't judge me! Tongue Out)

And you know what Ryan did to celebrate? HE WENT TO A JOB INTERVIEW!! Which went really well so today he's doing one last thing and tonight the job is going to present him with their offer.... actually, you know what? I'm going to start a new prayer request post for this. :)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards