Christian Weddings
Options

Poll - Favorite Things

1. What is your favorite music artist/group? 

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? 

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? 

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? 

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? 

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date?

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it?

And GO...

Re: Poll - Favorite Things

• Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group? Lately Chris Tomlin, and I always loved Daughtry

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? I love my Honda CR-V, not really into cars lol

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? Math (always came easy to me)

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  10th grade spanish teacher because he was a nut and used to say things like this "When you go home tonight, tell your mother, Let us have lettus!"

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere in the world as long as FI is with me

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? My mama's muffins

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? I love to do something, go out to a fair and play games or go bowling and stuff. Not a dinner and movie kinda girl.

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? "I'm an athlete and dancing is my sport". I started dancing when I was 5- i'm 25 now and I'm still dancing.
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group?  Jars of Clay or DecembeRadio

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? Audi A4 - I'd love to have an Audi but I'm too practical (Genao - I also have a CR-V and admit that I do love it too)

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school?  I liked math until 11th grade.

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  Mrs. Schugart who was my 9th grade algebra teacher.  I also loved my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Dean.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot?  Grand Tetons in WY or Grandma's house in the Adirondacks, NY

6. What is your favorite breakfast food?  I LOVE breakfast!  I love it all - pancakes, eggs, hash browns - anything but meat

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date?  I love doing anything with DH but I think I would have to say going to a basketball game with him is up there at the top.

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it?  As I said in the last question - basketball.  I love to watch a live game.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group? Chris Rice and Michael Buble

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? I have always loved Jaguars but my pratical dream car would be a Toyota Rav-4 or Jeep Cherokee

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? English and Theater

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  All of my English teachers in High School. I had an English teacher admit to hating a book that was required reading

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? Being from Central FL, I love theme parks. I dream of one day going to all the Disney Resorts in the world

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? I love waffles and hashbrowns with cheese, bacon and ham

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? Chick Fil A lol

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? I love watching the Olympics

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group?
    Really loving Adele right now. :)

Uhm...a Volkswagon of some kind, just not a bug.

My ag classes and then english.

Ag teacher. She spent sooo much time outside of class hours to help us with our FFA stuff. We travelled across the country and state with her. She's given me great advice (both school and non-school related) and she's always been genuinely interested in my life. If I were ever to go into teaching (and who knows, maybe I will someday), I want to be like her. 

Somewhere secluded. No touristy places for me. :)

Gluten-free strawberry and banana pancakes, please!

Erik and I love finding bizarre restaurants, ordering our food to go and then going down to the river to eat it.

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it?
    I love watching football and I love playing soccer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    kcadonaukcadonau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group? I'm really not picky about music, so I'll listen to about anything, but right now me and DH are really loving Adele although they're kinda some sad songs

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? I'm really not into cars...so I dunno

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? English and history...and Spanish actually. it came easy to me

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  I loved my English teacher in high school cuz he was challenging but encouraging too and a little random/funny and easy going

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? anywhere sunny and warm! disneyland was a pretty awesome HM though :) i could do that again

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? I LOVE pancakes and bacon. sooo good! we had it for dinner the other night! plus strawberries on the pancakes.

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? DH and I really love seeing movies and then getting half price appetizers at Applebee's

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? I really like to play volleyball even though I'm not good at it, and whether its really a sport or not, I really like bowling too.
    Formerly yarmik89 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Avalon

Jaguar

Music, yeah, and now that's my career ... :-) 

My Calculus Teacher in HS - she was an amazing person and a great teacher - we still have a strong relationship today and she is a member at a church in town where my parents are now members. 

In my siggy right now -- the Pamlico Sound (in NC) - it's part of the "inner banks" and the water always feels soooo good up until October! 

Breakfast Casserole!  Good ole' Southern cookin! 

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date?In a field under the stars with a picnic and maybe a glass of wine

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it?I watch ALL kinds of sports- and I watch by season.  I really LOVE football (way more than my FI does), and I'm ADDICTED to Carolina Basketball.  In the spring I like to watch baseball, and while I've always rooted for the Atlanta Braves, I don't feel as much allegiance to them anymore since none of the players are the guys I used to root for (Andruw Jones, Chipper Jones, Tom Glavine, etc.)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really do not have a favorite, just whatever is on the radio. 

Honestly, I will be the happiest person in the world when I own a minivan :) but if I had a ton of money it would be a Range Rover.

Math
    Mrs. Eubanks, my kindergarten teacher and Mrs. Little, my first grade teacher. They are the reason I am going into education.

Anywhere there is sun and sand. But I also LOVE Disney World. 

Biscuits and gravy. 

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date?Anywhere. We have so much fun together that it does not matter as long as I am with him. Probably a fancy restaurant though because we are both HUGE foodies, blame it on working in a high end restaurant. 

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it?Baseball, watch it! I am uncoordinated but very happy we only live 2 hours away from Turner Field :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group? Melee

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? Nissan Rogue or any BMW

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? English, History, and Political Science

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  Mr Gorski, my AP Government teacher, because he was the first one who actually praised my intelligence in a difficult class.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? Of the places I've gone, Aruba.

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? My hubby's chocolate chip waffles.

Peel Wood Fired Pizza in Edwardsville, IL.
    8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? Volleyball. I play it recreationally. I'm 5'9 and now I regard the fact I never played when I was younger a waste of God-given height. It's also one of my favorite Olympic events.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-favorite-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5994b8e1-f439-44a1-96f6-0e6c5e39cf8fPost:c4f878e5-f5be-4bb3-b87e-13ef459cc9bb">Re: Poll - Favorite Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I will be the happiest person in the world when I own a minivan :)
    Posted by OliviaD7712[/QUOTE]

I was just telling FI over the weekend that I want a mini van... :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    BronwynHBronwynH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group? I really love Needtobreathe

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? I don't care about cars that much...I do like my Sebring convertible. I just wish it worked better (I recently had to replace the engine)

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? Spanish & English

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why? Hmm...honestly I would say my high school principle. I learned so much from him about life. Also, the gym teacher who was the football coach and will be the officiant at my wedding. Both of those men have had big impacts on my life and helped me to grow in my relationship with the Lord.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? I don't know about vacation...but I absolutely love Guatemala. I did missions there for 8 weeks last summer. I would pick that over a vacation any day.

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? chocolate chip pancakes :) Yum!

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? I love taking mini road trips but we don't do that much. I also love to stay at home and cook and watch a movie.

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? I do really like football...watching it. I was the student athletic trainer in high school, so I was at football stuff all the time. I also enjoy basketball & baseball because my little brother plays.

BTW: iamjoesgirl - last summer when I was in Guatemala DecembeRadio came and did a concert with the organization I was there with. It was awesome!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a lot of favorites.  I'll try to narrow it down - The Beatles, Janis Joplin, The Beach Boys, Jim Croce, Don McLean, All Star United and Francesca Battistelli.  Yeah...that's the narrowed down version :-P

I really want an old, convertible, VW Bug

English, Theatre, Choir, Band

I loved my 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Locey, because she was very creative.  I also loved most of my high school teachers.  I went to a private high school and our teachers treated us more like peers than stupid kids, if that makes sense.  We were on first name basis with a lot of them, went to their houses for dinner, babysat their kids.  It didn't get inappropriate - we still knew they were our teachers and respected their authority - but it was a very different relationship than most students have with their teachers.

I am dying to go back to Florence, Italy.  In lieu of that, I'll take the beach - any beach.  I love living just 90 minutes from the Oregon coast.

Depends on my mood.  Either eggs benedict, sub out the ham for tomato and/or avocado, or blueberry pancakes.

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date?A baseball game

Softball - both, but I prefer to play.  I played through college so it's really hard to just watch!
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
      1. What is your favorite music artist/group? I've been on a Beetles kick lately.

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? mine!  I have a honda CRV.

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? chemistry

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  my chemistry, biology, and calculus teachers.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? Kiawah Island.  DH doesn't have to work next weekend, so hopefully we'll be there soon!

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? apple turnovers

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? somewhere with parking!

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? baseball, but I'll only watch in person.  Otherwise I get bored FAST.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ummm, I honestly don't know. Skipping this question

Mini Cooper!! or a Porche Boxster

History or Science

Mrs. Hite or Mr. Glass because they both told lots of stories about when they were younger during history class

Colorado

eggggggssssss!!

drive in movies! or the park

This is another one of those I don't know so I'm skipping it

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I like country, especially Brad Paisley

I like my Grand Am, but ideally I would have a Mustang convertable to drive in the summer!

Chemistry, English, History, Calculus, really anything but PE.

Mr. DeVries was a great English teacher, I learned a lot from him.  My Calc teacher was also great, she seemed strict on the outside but had a great sense of humor with upper level classes.

My grandpa's cottage is tons of fun, I also love Washington, DC.

Sausage souffle

Get some take out and go to Lake Michigan and eat and watch the sunset.  Then get ice cream :)

Baseball - I love the Cubs!  I like playing softball as well, as long as no one takes it too seriously because I'm not especially coordinated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have one favorite, so here are a few: Matthew West, Blue October, Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat, Hawk Nelson, Plain White T's, and the list goes on...
    I love my Saturn Outlook, so once it's no longer drivable I'd like to get something very similar like the GMC Acadia.
    Math and Science4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  
    Mr. McGee - he found ways of relating subjects to students to make learning interesting.
    Colorado - I love the mountains and trees.  I can do without the bitter cold though.
    Not a breakfast food person.  Yogurt or cereal work for me.
    I love just being able to hang out with FI.  We don't get to see each other often during the week due to FI's work and commuting 2+ hours a day.  Most weekends we will go bowling on Friday night because there is nothing else to do near us other than the movies - which we NEVER agree on.8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it?I love watching my girls participate in their sports.  Oldest plays volleyball for HS team.  Youngest has been a competitive gymnast for 6 years.  Will play vBall sometimes, but I never do gymnastics!
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-favorite-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5994b8e1-f439-44a1-96f6-0e6c5e39cf8fPost:1511155b-6702-4d4c-86e0-61ccf995495f">Re: Poll - Favorite Things</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? <strong> I like my Grand Am</strong>, but ideally I would have a Mustang convertable to drive in the summer!
    Posted by yodacub[/QUOTE]

I love my Grand Am too!! I wish they wouldn't have quit making them.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
      1. What is your favorite music artist/group? Maroon 5, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga (her music.. not her! lol)

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? A white Lexus RX330h... I really want the hybrid model and DH would want his porcshe. He was so jealous when we met our neighbors in our new neighborhood and they had a porshe and a corvette in the garage!

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? Government/history.. Political Science was my major in college. 

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  One of my Poli-sci professors in college. He had such amazing stories of how his grandfather was friends with FDR and supplied the uranium for the atomic bomb back in the 40's. Craziness! He's rubbed elbows with some major icons in American history.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? Our HM to Fiji was amazing, but we especially love cruises! We love being on the boat and seeing several new islands all in one trip.

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? Waffles and bacon

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? Places that have outdoor seating on the water. As much as I LOVE living in Florida and you couldn't pay me enough to move back up north, I loved the Connecticut Wine Trail. My mom's too cute and asking how she can get one of their "passports" that gets stamped when you visit each one and you turn it in at the end for a drawing for a trip to Spain. So much fun and you learn a lot too.

8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? My favorite sport to watch is football (come on NFL don't let us down this year!) and my favorite sport event to attend is baseball.. GO YANKS! :0)

I played basketball and volleyball in high school, but I really enjoyed dancing which I did for 13 years.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group? Lady Antebellum

Infiniti G35

Anatomy

Mr Machich, he taught algebra and had a way of explaining it great to dumb math students like me

beach, haven't been in a loooong time 
    Undecided
    cereal

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date?our favorite mexican restaurant
    8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it? college football, particularly University of Tennessee. It's where FI proposed to meSmile

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group? Queen.

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? My car! I have a little Red Honda Fit. Her name is Apple and she's the best little car! 

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? Social Studies.

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  My 6th-8th grade theater teacher, Mrs. Roberts. She was hilarious, kind, compassionate, and truly cared about her students. She was inspiring and a woman full of faith. She and I developed a very close relationship and I'm grateful for what she taught me, not only about theater but being a good, strong, loving person.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? I've been around the world (14 countries and counting!) but my all time favorite spot? Disney World with my FI. It's our happy place. 

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? Chocolate Chip Pancakes!

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? We don't really go on dates. Never have. That said, there's a little ice cream shop we love and you simply can't beat the movies!

I'm not a sports girl. I used to play volleyball but sustained too many injuries (nerve damaged, torn ligaments, etc) to keep playing. I can enjoy a few minutes of football (Daddy used to play professionally), some soccer, and I actually love to play kickball!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Casting Crowns

Dodge Journey- 4wd and fits a bunch of kids.  :)

US History

My 6th & 7th grade language arts teacher.  She made the stories come alive.  When we read a book set in WWII, she had us do a family shopping project with ration stamps, we drew a mural to illustrate a character's dream, made sub sandwiches that were a central part of another.  I can't remember the titles, but I remember the stories. :)

Kiawah Island, SC (but Aruba has also nestled in my heart)

Biscuits & Sausage Gravy

Anywhere we can watch the sunset.

College football.  I lived less than an hour from Virginia Tech for the first 24 years of my life.  It's in my blood.  And, I just watch it. :)

• Options
    MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite music artist/group? Call me old school but I still really like DC Talk and Out of Eden.. and I like Toby Mac and P!nk

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)? I'd go for Audi anything... or Ford Mustang Convertable (in black)..

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? English or History

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  Mr. Robertson, my high school English teacher. He was like a big kid himself, its how he connected with his students. He just made class fun.

5. What is your favorite vacation spot? vacation? whats that?

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? don't really have one.. not crazy about breakfast. maybe yogurt.

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? did someone say parking?

8. What is your favorite sport?   Not crazy about sports, I guess hockey Do you like to play it or watch it? Yup
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know about a favorite. I have been listening to a lot of Pat Green lately
    Lexus Hybrid SUV!
    History, also my major in college.

Favorite teacher in HS was Mrs Anison. She had a fascinating way of teaching that really made you think.Favorite professor was Dr Hopkins. He not only taught history, but he had lived it. He also taught thought provoking classes framed around history.
    Boston or somewhere with at beach.

Breakfast Tacos - haven't had them in a long time though

Ra Sushi or Vivace. Very different places, but both very fun dates
    8. What is your favorite sport?  Do you like to play it or watch it?Favorite sport to watch is baseball. I dont play sport anymore, but I like volleyball when I did
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite music artist/group?  FFH

2. What is your favorite car (i.e. if you could buy any car, what would it be)?  something with a unique color - hot pink, aqua blue

3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? Art or English

4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?  Her name was Mrs. Girdler. She was the spanish teacher, but she was just way fun. 

5. What is your favorite vacation spot?  I've never really went on vacation, but I loved going to Mexico last year on a mission trip.

6. What is your favorite breakfast food? belgian waffles.

7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? We don't go on many "dates" just out to eat occasionally and to the movies.

8. What is your favorite sport?
     Do you like to play it or watch it?  Is crocheting a sport?
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tend to bounce around with my music tastes, but FI would say it was Taylor Swift
    I really just want an SUV :)
    English!
    My favorite teacher was one of my college professors, she taught three of the classes I had to take. Everyone in my cohort loved her because she was such a great, personable teacher.
    I really don't know, being from south florida means that beaches and amusement parks aren't really vacations. I do love cruises!
    Crepes or waffles!
    FI and I aren't huge "date night" people, but we love going to the movies.
    GATOR Football!!!
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-favorite-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5994b8e1-f439-44a1-96f6-0e6c5e39cf8fPost:28873d22-d56e-4bad-866c-16bb382bb4e2">Re: Poll - Favorite Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]7. What is your favorite place to go on a date? did someone say parking? Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

Somewhere that HAS parking.  Our new city has a serious lack of parking.  And I refuse to pay $5+ to park in a lot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards