Christian Weddings
Options

Blessings

My aunts hosted a Bridal Shower on Saturday.  It was beautiful!  One of my BMs was able to come in. I haven't seen her since October, so we were thrilled to get some good girl time.  We were blessed with gifts, but we were also blessed with love.  My great-aunt handmade a recipe book filled with precious family recipes, FMIL gave us a recipe keeper with some of FI's favorites and room for many more, my grandmother gave us all of our plates, my parents gave us (okay...me) the KitchenAid mixer, and one of the ladies from church made us a beautiful quilt.

My mom's mom and one of my aunts had driven in for the shower (everyone else is local within 20 minutes) so everybody went back to my parents' house for dinner.  My mom's two brothers took her aside and said they were paying for our wedding cake.  I still can't believe that one.

I get to see FI in 15 1/2 days...and marry him in 39.

How have you been blessed lately?

Re: Blessings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time at your shower! I can't wait till it gets time for me to start having showers.

My parents came up this past weekend (they live about 3 hours away) and we had a wonderful weekend together. We meet with an amazing florist on Saturday, had dinner with FI and his parents on Saturday night and went to church together on Sunday.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I am thankful that my spring semester of school is over as of tomorrow at 1pm! I'm also blessed to have learned that my MOH does not have ovarian cancer (they thought she may have). God is always working for us!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @faithcaitlin, that is definitely a blessing about your MOH!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So fun! Glad you had a great time! 

I have been blessed with forgiveness, a wonderful fiance, family and friends and a job. The things we sometimes take for granted are such glorious blessings. God is good!

Also, my BM/good friend's uncle had cancer and he is now in remission. Praise God!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you go to have such a great shower, Emily! I saw some of the pictures on FB. :)

I've been blessed with FI lately. It's finals week and I'm running on about five hours of sleep a night. I should be a big college kid and used to it, but frankly, it makes me emotionally retarded. He's recognizing how I'm acting and adjusting his behavior rather than criticizing me and asking me to change mine...which I totally should be! But he's just being really loving and understanding and when I realized he doesn't have to be like that, I just felt really blessed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_blessings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5c84345c-a408-4fdd-a6f2-d02b474fc893Post:8854162e-caa6-4c70-bf85-419ea8bd9a12">Re: Blessings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should be a big college kid and used to it, but frankly, it makes me emotionally <strong>r******d</strong>.
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

I love you as a sister in Christ, but take a minute to check out <a href="http://www.r-word.org" rel='nofollow'>www.r-word.org</a> take the pledge, and please don't use that word anymore.

~Emily
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am loving all these blessings!!! so encouraging!

i am blessed with amazing FILs! Its soo awesome because my FI has been gone for the school year and i have been living with his family so it is has given me and FILs to bond apart from FI. you know? 
    I have had the opporunity (that a lot of women dont have) to grow and learn and experience life with my FILs with JUST me. i am sooo blessed to have had that. I do not have a mother that i am in relationship and God knew that i needed a momma. So he gave me my FMIL! (: and we bonded, not as a the son's future wife, but just as a daughter. (: i am blessed.

i am also blessed that FI will be home in one week! and i get to talk to him on Sunday!!!! (my bday!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards