Christian Weddings
Options

Baby Fever

Anyone having this sensation?  I just love babies and pregnancy!!

Re: Baby Fever

• Options
    edited December 2011

FI and I don't want babies for a while.  We're shooting for the 5th wedding anniversary as a good target date to throw out the BC pills and TTW.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DH and I are planning to wait at least 4 years - just a lot of new babies in and around our families and they are so stinkin' cute and all such blessings (planned or not)!!  :) 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean.  I am super excited about my wedding this weekend because my cousin is bringing her babies, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope. Far, far, far, from it. My MOH is having a baby in the next few weeks and I'm stoaked to be an "auntie"! That's about as much responsibility in the kid dept as I want right now.

It'll be at least 5 or 6 years before we entertain the idea of kids. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    Megan5241Megan5241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not married yet and I am already having baby fever. I wish my FI and I could afford having a baby soon after marriage. However, we would like to save money and having a baby soon after marriage causes so much extra stress. I guess I will just have to love on my two beautiful neices. :)
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am almost 31 and my "baby fever" seems to be going backward, lol.  I'm pretty sure my maternal instinct is broken since I have no desire to have kids.  I'd say it's because I work with kids all day, but I've known for a looooong time that I didn't want to be a mom, at least since I was 19 or 20.
  • Options
    Ccsvball05Ccsvball05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so ready to have kids. I only have one more week on BC and then we will begin TTC. I am so excited! I have always wanted to be a wife and mother! My husband is also excited and would have had one right after the wedding but I need to finish my bachelors first.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love babies, but am very much looking forward to the married years with just FI and I before we have kids. We are planning on waiting 2 years or so after the wedding before TTC.  My cousin and his wife have an adorable 9-month-old baby, he's enough for me to spoil and keeps my parents busy enough to not request grandchildren immediatly :)
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The opposite.  I knew when I was a teenager that I never wanted kids.  DH works with kids but doesn't want his own either.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    not for another 4 or 5 years.  plus, I work with kids...  so I get my fill of them some days!
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not me yet.  We'll probably wait a few years after we're married.  We both want kids, but definitely not yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No today, no. But I flip flop back and forth.

DH and I have agreed to start trying in a couple of years. I definitely have my days where waiting that long feels like it's killing me. Then I have days where I'm so glad we aren't even trying yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am very ready to start having kids. I can't wait to start TTC. I think we will start 2-3 years after being married. 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ccsvball05 - do you have to wait any amount of time between BC and TTC?  I always thought that there was a higher risk of problems going right from one to the other but I honestly don't know for sure.  I'm curious.
  • Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've been told we can't have our own, so after the wedding we'll be saving up to look into the adoption route. Our pastor has been heavily involved in one Christian adoption group here in Ontario, Canada that I'm pretty sure we'll be going through, but anyone who has looked into it knows adoption is not cheap so it might not be too soon after the wedding lol
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    edited December 2011

I definitely do not have baby fever. At first, we wanted to wait to start TTC after our 1st anniversary, and that was 5 months ago and we still don't have any plans of TTC. We're really enjoying just being married and doing what we want at the spur of the moment. For example, our Thanksgiving plans fell through for next week, so we booked an impromptu road trip to Key West to spend the holiday down there. We really love to travel, and want to go on a few more big trips before starting a family.

But... I went off of my BC in August, so we're aware that this could all change at any time, but we're ready for it. Our biggest thing was being married for at least a year and having our own house both of which are checked off the list. So, if God wants us to have one soon, we will, but if not, we're more than ok with waiting for a while longer.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Ccsvball05 - Exciting!!

@ BMcleod - Aw I love adoptions!!  My grandma and her hubby couldn't have kids so they adopted my mom, and almost a year later adopted my "uncle".  :P  Such a blessing!!

I know this feeling will pass, and I know DH and I are no where NEAR ready to have a little kiddo running around yet (we have furbabies instead) but they are just so stinkin' cute!!  I really keep crossing my fingers that my sister and her hubby start trying for one - maybe becoming an auntie will relieve some fever!!  :P

But my mom and all of her friends have started taking bets DH and I will have kids first...we're 4 years younger, and have been married a year less!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's father was also adopted, so I think that's partially why he's so open to the idea :) The agency that my pastor is heavily involved in its largely babies right from birth, which is what I was really hoping for for atleast the first child, as I don't want to miss any of their life!
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011
    Adoption is such a wonderful thing! 

I would love to adopt, we will see where that goes later on.  We will TTC probably in another year and a half or so.  If we have difficulties I will talk to a dr, but I would go through adoption over fertility treatments if they told me I would need them to conceive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We consider ourselves blessed rather than seeing not being able to conceive as a negative thing based on how it happened. Shortly after starting to date FI I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. All is well now health wise but the treatments killed my chances of having children.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I want a baby, can we have one now, no. So I'm living vicariously through my cousin who is a little younger than me and due in April.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not I... we plan on waiting until I'm 25, so about 4 years after the wedding, if then even. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I get it every other day it seems, even though logistically I know it won't happen for a while. I just can't wait to be a mom, though then I have days where I am so happy that I don't have kids. Probably in another 2 years though.
  • Options
    kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    While I do notice babies and love pointing out how cute they are to FI, the thought of pregnancy completely freaks me out. I have wanted to adopt kids since I was a kid myself. It just makes sense, when there are so many kids out there who need loving parents. My youngest brother and sister are adopted, so I've been able to see first-hand what it's like, and I've read a TON on the subject of attachment--I know it will be tough, but at least I've got an idea of what we're in for. 
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    I've got baby fever! And I've had it for the last few months. But we're trying (and trying very hard!) to wait until H is done with school. He's got three more semesters after this current semester. So May of 2013 is when he'll be done. Then he's going to need to find a job and we're going to have to get started on insurance. I think we said we wanted to be on our own insurance (we're both on our parents insurances right now) at least 6 months before we wanted to try. So we're looking at November of 2013 at the very earliest. Kind of sucky, but it's in God's hands.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am very late on this (so busy!)... But I DEFINITELY have baby fever! If it were up to me, we would have started trying on the wedding night haha. I just think children are such a blessing and I have always just wanted to be a wife and mom. However, H wants to wait until we have been married at least a year. I am okay with it, but I am ready as soon as he is! It also makes a difference that we are both 26 and I will be 27 next month. I would ideally like to have a child before we are 30. A lot of the girls on this board are getting married a lot younger than us, so it makes sense that you want to wait. I think I would too if I were a bit younger. But my clock is ticking! Haha. Honestly though, it's all in God's hands and in His timing. 
  • Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Not really.  A little bit, but I don't really want kids yet.  We plan on waiting until next winter/spring to try.  I'd like to have one before I'm 30 and I'm 27 now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in my 30s so yes I would like a baby now however my H would rather wait. Sometimes I wonder what are we waiting for since we already have a 9 year old (my H's step son) and we are not getting any younger. I am also open to adoption so we will see what God has in store for us as it would be nice to have another child while my first born is still a child himself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards