Christian Weddings
Options

Has anybody taken the Zoe Score inventory?

We took ours yesterday and it came back with a score of 67%. Sometimes I think I disect things too much. I know our pastor had us take this test so that he would know which areas to discuss during our pre-marital counseling sessions, I just didn't realize taht some of the answers we put would be as far off as they were. There were some areas where I thought we were really in sync and we aren't. I am dealing with depression, so sometimes I automatically think of the negative aspect of things. I am working on not doing this, and trying to not let this score upset me. I know my fiance and I love eachother and have worked together to fix problems we have had in the past, and that we can do it again. I know that taking the pre-marital counseling will bring us closer together as a couple and closer to God as a couple. I guess I just need to express how I feel because I don't want to be an emotional wreck about it!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anybody taken the Zoe Score inventory?

• Options
    edited December 2011

We haven't taken the Zoe Score Inventory yet.  I don't know if we will.  But I don't think you should dwell on it, I am one too who can dwell on the negative, I can also think that there is something negative going on  when there isn't.  But I am willing to bet that some divorced couple scored well on the Zoe score Inventory.  I really don't think that it is people's differences that cause issues in a marriage it's how they deal with those differences that cause the problems.

"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, this tells you how educated I am, I guess... I've never heard of the Zoe score inventory!  Is is a kind of psychological or personality test? 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I were given the Foccus inventory yesterday by our pastor and told to take it for our premarital counseling, I'm guessing that's similar.  Obviously we haven't gotten our results back yet, but I really don't think it would bother me too much if we had a low percentage.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate things like that because I feel like they're someone elses judgement of your relationship. You just have to take with a grain of salt and move on. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    cbratthauercbratthauer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_anybody-taken-zoe-score-inventory?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:63c0d3ab-ad19-42ce-901e-b66bef6efbaaPost:37d1d3fe-e5ee-4f26-8e92-0de6f59cc3ff">Re: Has anybody taken the Zoe Score inventory?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, this tells you how educated I am, I guess... I've never heard of the Zoe score inventory!  Is is a kind of psychological or personality test? 
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I had never heard of it before either, but it is something our pastor requires us to take in order to begin our premarital counseling. It is supposed to show where we are with our relationship, strengths, weaknesses, stuff like that. I take the test and he takes the test but we take them separately. It shows where we have the same beliefs. If we didn't have to take it I most certainly wouldn't have, it costs $40!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Haha, this tells you how educated I am, I guess... I've never heard of the Zoe score inventory!  Is is a kind of psychological or personality test? 
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

I was so going to say that!!  I read the answer though after you submitted this.  ;)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of this but like sessions, we did Foccus at the beginning of our pre-marital preparation.  Unlike with your situation, our mentors did not tell us the score.  They just worked with us on the things that they learned by reviewing our inventories.

I would say two things to you:

1.  It is good that you have taken the inventory because now your mentor(s) can work with you on the things that you need the most preparation for.  

2.  It would not be normal (I don't think) for couples to be on the same wavelength about everything and I feel like your score is probably very normal.  I would be concerned if I was you if there are a lot of things in that 33% that can't be worked out (like if your FI definitely didn't want kids and you definitely did want them). 

I hope that you'll enjoy your marriage prep and that the rest of your planning goes well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow ... our pastor just asked us questions to see how well we match up.  I know that the former pastor at our church requried some kind of "test" or whatever -- it might have been the Zoe test.  Anyway.. good to know!  As with any relationship or personality test, I'd definitely take the results lightly - they can signify things that do need work, but no test is perfect! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards