Christian Weddings

Any LDS brides out there?

Just wondering. There isn't even an option in the Account settings for Christian/LDS.

Re: Any LDS brides out there?

• I'm not, but have a few friends that are! Does that count for anything? haha
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_lds-brides-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:681b9dce-03ae-465b-a6da-69a219d0a753Post:de4b8983-1679-40f0-972a-85074380cb50">Re: Any LDS brides out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not, but have a few friends that are! Does that count for anything? haha
    Posted by RebeccaJac[/QUOTE]
    Same for me!
  • I've noticed that about TK! There's not an LDS board...

Sorry, I don't think there's anyone here who is LDS. But we'll welcome you all the same!! Tell us about yourself and your wedding plans.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • You can try the Utah board, but its very slow. 
  • edited February 2012
    I'll accept friends of mormons!

I think most mormon girls get married too quickly to bother with a whole lot of planning. From my understanding typical engagements are around 6 months. *shrug*

I'm actually cheating a little bit being on these boards - I'm actually already married to my husband. We didn't have a wedding by any means, we just signed the marriage license. At the time I wasn't going to church . . . and I married a non-mormon, but now he's converted, so we're planning on being sealed in the temple - the mormon version of a wedding. When we do, we're going to go ahead and have a civil vow renewal too, and a recpetion to make up for what we missed out on the first time.

Thank you all for responding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_lds-brides-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:681b9dce-03ae-465b-a6da-69a219d0a753Post:25aa302f-e414-4a30-82b1-db3fae83f757">Re: Any LDS brides out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll accept friends of mormons! I think most mormon girls get married too quickly to bother with a whole lot of planning. From my understanding typical engagements are around 6 months. *shrug* I'm actually cheating a little bit being on these boards - <strong>I'm actually already married to my husband</strong>. We didn't have a wedding by any means, we just signed the marriage license. At the time I wasn't going to church . . . and I married a non-mormon, but now he's converted, so we're planning on being sealed in the temple - the mormon version of a wedding. When we do, we're going to go ahead and have a civil vow renewal too, and a recpetion to make up for what we missed out on the first time. Thank you all for responding.
    Posted by NewBride59[/QUOTE]

<div>Lots of women around here are already married! </div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Well, that's good to know too!
  • My friend is getting married and she is LDS.
    I am also LDS and noticed that a board was missing for us too. I might need to use it someday. Wink
    I will look at the Utah board. Thanks for the idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards