Christian Weddings
Options

Dad's and FI's are amazing (sorry, long)

They know how to problem solve when the pressure is on, and how to keep me from having an anxiety attack! 

My friend had created a beautiful hand drawn map that had two sides to it, and we had them printed on FI's printer.  Unfortunately, it had eaten up the rest of the color ink, and he had to order a new cartridge.  So I took my unfished pile to Fed-Ex Kinkos to have the rest copied and then cut.  What I didn't know was that the two sides weren't lined up, so when the guy cut them, he cut off words and left white strips on certain sides.  They looked absolutely horrible.  And the templates were at my dad's work place, so i couldn't print more.  I got so mad at Fed Ex, that I went to Office Max and spent over an hour there trying to take an email copy and get them printed, but had no luck.  So much for being able to assemble the invitations Monday night!  Because of my schedule, I'd have to wait until Saturday night to do it, and then have to pay extra postage, not to mention the cost of printing double sided color copies!!!

I called FI on the car ride home, and we had a little tift, though I know he was trying to save my insanity over $150 (the cost of printing them in color at the store).  The anxiety of the upcoming work week was also building up and I started having an anxiety attack, but through phone calls and text messages, FI said the most loving and reassuring things and was able to calm me down. 

I called me my parents to have them deal with it tomorrow since I had to work all day, and my dad said he'd take care of it.  He had the graphic designer at his office recreate the template so it wouldn't cut off the words, and sent it to the printing company they use and they printed off 200 perfect looking maps......for free.  My dad and the graphic designer (and the printing company!!) are my heros for taking over when I just couldn't do it anymore. 

So I will have my invitations assemble tonight, and mailed Tuesday after school, and I will be free from this beast known as invitations!

Thanks for listening!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
hide
Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
"And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011

Re: Dad's and FI's are amazing (sorry, long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oohhh.....well i am glad to hear that your FI was able to calm you down and your dad was able to get what you wanted! (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, how nice of your FI to help you let your stress go.  Try not to let the $ bother you... in the end, things will work out.  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww you're right- my FI and my dad are wonderful too! They are amazing men. Glad it all worked out for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards