Christian Weddings
Options

Missing the Christmas Spirit

I don't know why, but I'm having a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I know in my head that it's only a week away, but it doesn't really feel like Christmas to me this year. Granted, it's the first Christmas ever that I won't get to spend with my family, we have no decorations up, and I've been sick so I haven't felt like baking. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this...just bemoaning, I guess.

Re: Missing the Christmas Spirit

• Options
    Tune into Pandora Christmas, throw some decorations up, bake some cookies, and go shopping for Toys for Tots or something. 

FI is a scrooge and those usually work. 

Oh, and the Justin Beiber Christmas album. He can't stand the beibs or Christmas, but for some reason he loves the album haha. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    In addition to the above suggestions, watch your favorite Holiday movie too!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya. I'm forcing myself to finish shopping for the BIL's today and wrap the presents. It just doesn't feel like Christmas.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    I had the Christmas spirit earlier but I appear to have lost it.  I need to get my tree up and decorate but I just haven't done it yet.  Today's as good a day as any, I guess!
  • Options
    I think I have the Christmas spirit this year.  It was like 75 degrees here yesterday though, and there's something about having to run the air conditioner that negates the Charlie Brown specials, haha.  But I have lots of decorations up, presents wrapped, just baked today (probably baking more later this week), and have been listening to LOTS of Christmas music.  Hopefully that does it for me.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    I definitely know what you mean. I'm going so crazy with wedding stuff that I keep forgetting Christmas is coming up so soon. Christmas is so not on my radar right now! Plus we are having really weirdly dry weather so we have NO snow on the ground, and very little chance of getting anything substantial before Christmas. Contrast that to this time last year where we got 19 inches within the week before Christmas! So weird.

I hate snow, but on the same side, I've been really hoping for romantic snowy photos for my wedding. I'm gonna be bummed if everything is brown. :(
  • Options
    I was with you until about a week and a half ago, we got our first dusting of snow while I was driving to work at 7 a.m. I was listening to the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack in my car, and there was something about that nice light snowfall and the music that just felt really lovely and put me in a great mood. 

I agree with PP, when I am doing something mundane or whatever, I like to put on K-Love's Christmas channel for whatever chores I am doing, or I listen to any of my Christmas albums I have (Charlie Brown, She & Him, Michael Buble, TSO, etc.).

This is the first time in two years I'll have a "regular" Christmas (I've had to work on Christmas for the past two years). I'm just happy that I will get to see most of the people in my family this time.
  • Options
    I am right there with you. Like Amanda said, the weather has been really warm then what I am used to around Christmas time.

I did finish all my wrapping last night so I am ready from that stand point. I am hoping church this morning helps to get me in the spirit. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I donated some money to Samaritan's Purse yesterday, then had family over for a quick gift exchange today.  Plus I started reading A Christmas Carol last night.  Now I'm REALLY feeling it.  :)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    We're flying to my parent's tomorrow and they go Christmas crazy, so I'm sure I will for sure be feeling it then! 

Musicalsunlight- I don't think we even have temps low enough for snow for the next few weeks! I hope that changes for you! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    What about going somewhere Christmas-y? Zoolights?  I always like wandering around Keirland Commons in north Scottsdale, too.  The lights and carriage rides always seem so Christmas-y to me.  Get hot chocolate and drive around neighborhoods with FI looking at Christmas lights.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards