Christian Weddings
Options

whining, even though its really no big deal :/

So I know its a privilege and not everybody gets one, but I just found out that my girls aren't throwing me a bachelorette party of any kind. :( I have no idea if its money, or time, or travel.. notta clue. My MOH (who had the bad breakup last week) told me today kind of curtly, "We aren't having a party for you. Sorry." I totally get that all those things happen but I guess I am just a little jealous because a lot of other ladies that I know who are getting married have been posting photos of their bachelorette parties :/ I guess I'm just a bit disappointed because I was hoping to have a little party with my girls. :( Thanks for letting me vent, I know not everybody gets to have a bachelorette party or even a shower for that matter, I'm just a little bummed.

Re: whining, even though its really no big deal :/

• Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't blame you for being bummed.  It is a special time and you want to share it with the girls you are closest too.  You have a great outlook on it though, keep positive and you never know what will happen.

Maybe you could organize a mani/pedi day? or just lunch with the ladies?  Not a bach party, but a time with the girls just to enjoy their friendship? Its not the same, but I think it would still be fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks aggiebug! I am trying to stay positive because I know the real celebration is my wedding, not my bachelorette party. :) I thought for sure they would throw something for me - the day of my shower they all said "we totally have to plan something!" but they say stuff like that a lot and then flake out :( I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up to high but I guess I did. I may just try to get a mani/pedi or something with one of my BP members that I live close to. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry, you do have every right to be bumbed about it.  But you do seem understanding.   I would be feeling the same way, I would probably cry in my room alone so that my friends didn't see how hurt I was.

Another idea to add to angiebugg's ideas is what if you organized a sleepover/movie night at your place.    It's cheap and you can have fun with your gals.  

"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just about to suggest a sleepover/movie night kind of thing.  I know it's not always possible to get all the girls there you'd like to have, but at least some of your local friends could come, maybe a bridesmaid or two as well.  Or maybe a bowling night!  We also have done karaoke nights at the local restaurants and that's a lot of fun too. 

Sorry you won't have a bachelorette party thrown for you, I can imagine the disappointment after you were given the impression that they wanted to plan one.  :-/  Keep your chin up and don't let it get to you.  Make your own night and have some fun, maybe just invite a few local friends to go out somewhere that you enjoy!! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kelly!! I'm going to try and figure something out, but if I can't I am not going to let it get to me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i chose not to have a bachelorette party. We are doing just the bridal shower (my sister MOH is throwing it). BUT i am organizing a bridal breakfast the morning of. (: 
    we will just get together and have breakfast for my BMs and other close friends. 

its still a fun alternative. (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my BMs aren't hosting a shower or a bachorlette party for me either.  no reason, they just didn't feel like it.  I'm a little upset by it, but at this point (2 months out) I'm just getting over it and moving on with everything else. 

I hope you can plan some kind of celebration anyways.  :)
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be upset by this.  I mean, putting money aside, it's not thaaaat expensive just to go out for drinks at someplace not very expensive.  Maybe they're going to throw you a surprise bachelorette party?  I hope that's the case.  If all us Christian Knotties lived in the same city, we'd throw you one.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Believe it or not, I've been in 7 weddings as an adult and never been to a bachelorette party.  It has never even come up.  I guess that's why I didn't think twice about not having one myself.  

I agree that the sleepover party or a girls night in would be fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_whining-even-though-its-really-big-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:76fc7fd5-5be0-4d39-9533-cd68f5282c91Post:6816882a-9e87-4280-b9ae-09746156b4b9">Re: whining, even though its really no big deal :/</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be upset by this.  I mean, putting money aside, it's not thaaaat expensive just to go out for drinks at someplace not very expensive.  Maybe they're going to throw you a surprise bachelorette party?  I hope that's the case.  <strong>If all us Christian Knotties lived in the same city, we'd throw you one.</strong>
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]

I love that!!!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww girl, I'm so sorry. I would feel the same way. It is kind of strange that your MOH said that to you so bluntly. Try not to let it bother you, although I know it's hard. I agree with PP's about trying to organize something little. For mine, we are just going out to dinner and then back to my BM's house for a sleepover. You could always organize something like  this yourself. You could even just have a girls day with your mom! And the cats! haha. 

If it makes you feel any better, Ry's GM's aren't planning one for him either. I am kind of trying to plan for them to go to a baseball game or something.

Also, you KNOW if I lived near you, I would already have your bach party planned! If you decide to take a spontaneous roadtrip here in the next couple weeks, I promise I'll take you somewhere fun to celebrate your marriage! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards