Christian Weddings
Options

NC bound now or later

Fi and I have felt for a few months that God is leading us to North Carolina. First we decided we wanted to go this summer but that got derailed because my parents were very much againist it. Then we decided to wait 6months and go in December'11/ Janauary '12. But then last night my parents told us from economic it would be better to go right after we get married. We are just really confused about when God wants us in North Carolina. We have asked some trusted people (pastors, parents and friends) for their advice and at this point we are just seeking God and talking together about our options. There's a lot and it can be overwhelming.

Just be praying for us that God will lead us where He wants us and when He wants us.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NC bound now or later

• Options
    Prayers are coming your way!!  Stay confident and trust in Him - He'll guide you.  :)

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be praying that God will make His will clear to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girl!  I'm in NC (Durham area).  Let me know if you need any help finding anything.  Is your FI in the ministry?  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah when we move we will be in on campus housing at Southeastern Seminary (Wake Forest area)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray! 
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Continuing to pray for you and Nathan!  Hoping doors will be either wide open or slammed shut.  I know that cracked doors just aren't fun.

Dr. Finn (Church & Southern Baptist History) from SEBTS preached at my church this morning...he was great!!  My pastor is a trustee on their board, so we have a special connection with the school.  I think there's 6 couples from my church down there right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be praying. FI and I visited SEBTS when we were thinking of going. We went to Wake for undergrad, so it was cool seeing the old, but much smaller, "wake forest".

Might I also suggest grabbing a copy of Kevin DeYoung's "Just Do Something"? It is absolutely the best book I've read on God's will, it is small (maybe 150ish small pages), and humorous. It gave me a lot of peace about the decisions I've been making and I really think it might help in your situation. It is probably my most lent out book, and almost everyone in our college Bible study has read it now. Just a thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards