Christian Weddings

Re: a

• Options
    Melissa I am sorry to hear the wedding has been called off but it sounds like it may have been for the best. Please know, you are always welcome and can stop by our board whenever you want. I will be praying for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this but I admire you both so much for being honest with yourselves.  I think so many times couples feel that getting married is not the right thing but they are so afraid to admit it to each other or their family/friends.  I'll also be praying for you.  I hope to see you back someday and wish you all the best.
  • Options
    I'm terribly sorry to hear this.  I can't imagine what you two must be going through.  If it's any consolation during this difficult time, my mom had an engagement called off, but she later met my dad and they are still happily married after 28 years.  Praying for you, and wishing you all the best.  
  • Options
    So sorry to hear! I'm glad you were able to make the best decision for everyone. I'm sure it was a very, very difficult convo to have. We will miss you! Feel free to hang around tho! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    Goodbye Melissa. I'm sorry. I've actually been there. Well, sort of. It wasn't so amicable for me. I'll pray for you. Trust God to lead you where you're supposed to be. God bless.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    Sounds like even thought this is hard this is the right choice.  I'll be praying for you
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Melissa, it sounds like you have both thought this through well, and I admire your strength in being able to take the steps that are truley the best for both of you at this time. I wish you all the best! I know that this is not easy, I called off an engagement myself in 2006, and if you ever want to talk to someone who has been there, please feel free to message me! As pps have said, you're always welcome to stop by the board and say Hi, I think this board has become more about the friendships we're forming than just the weddings! I wish you all the best moving forward with your life!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm glad you both are doing what's best for you. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words and support. And I probably will pop in from time to time just to chat and say hi!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure it was for the best, and I'll be praying for you guys as you start over.

I went through something similar, and it was definitely tough, but now that I am with my DH, I can see why my ex wasn't the one for me at all and that everything happens for a reason. DH entered my life at the perfect time :0)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this! I will keep you in my prayers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_just-wanted-say-goodbye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:792a535f-6a7a-4fb1-b0ef-11d8b3aaec51Post:2f27f313-4b13-4132-8889-64a2a3bc779d">Re: Just wanted to say goodbye</a>:
    [QUOTE]Melissa, it sounds like you have both thought this through well, and I admire your strength in being able to take the steps that are truley the best for both of you at this time. I wish you all the best! I know that this is not easy, I called off an engagement myself in 2006, and if you ever want to talk to someone who has been there, please feel free to message me! As pps have said, you're always welcome to stop by the board and say Hi,<strong> I think this board has become more about the friendships we're forming than just the weddings</strong>! I wish you all the best moving forward with your life!
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I agree that it's about the friendships, that's why I'm still here! </div><div>
    </div><div>Melissa, we will miss you bunches! I am so sorry this has happened, but I am glad that you are doing what is best for you! Definitely stick around! I will say a prayer that you feel peace and are blessed with happiness. </div>
  • Options
    If you are still popping in and see this, I want to say something more.  Like GJ said, my mom also was engaged and broke off the engagement before marrying my dad.  I am so thankful for that because I wouldn't be here otherwise.  I really feel that although we don't always understand, God has a perfect will for us and we just need to seek it.  It sounds like you are doing that and I know that He will bless you because of it.  **hugs**
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you'll still pop in from time to time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards