Christian Weddings
Options

fun days!!!

So..at my other board (august 2011) they do like weekly fun posts. 
we have like 'Dear FI Friday' which i started here..and confession tuesday...get to know you thursday. i thought it would be fun if we did something like that too. 

we can continue with Dear FI (or DH) Friday...where you just write a little letter to your FI (or DH) telling him whatever you want for the week.

we could do Inspiring Monday..where you can put a quote that has inspired you this week..or a verse..or a sermon (i thought mondays were be good for that since we'd have church the day before

we could do confession tuesday...where you confess whatever you like. (like how all you've done all week is watch wedding shows and ate pizza. lol)

idk...any more ideas? its a fun way to get to know everyone a little bit more..and have more regular posts. 

thoughts? suggestions? JoesGirl..what do you think?

Re: fun days!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like come cute ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure - as long as you would be willing to start them (or anyone, really - I may not remember!)  We've had some great posts on here lately and I've really enjoyed getting to know everyone better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i will be happy to start them!!! (: 

we can do :

Inspiring Mondays - write something that has inspired you this week..it can be a sermon, a quote, a verse...anything. (:

Hooray its Tuesday - Write your plans for the week..WR..NWR

Confession Wednesday - write a confession for the week. It can be anything from cooking your DH microwavable dinners all week because you have been soo tired to staying up WAY to late this week watching Bridezillas and PRAYING you won't be one. 

Motivation Thursday - Motivate us (or yourself) with words to get to the weekend..or write how you motivated yourself this week to not stress with all the planning.

Dear FI(DH) Friday - write FI or DH a little letter telling them whatever you want for the week. 

any other ideas...let me know! (: i can start them each week. (:

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Love the ideas! Something I saw when I was lurking (I like that word, can you tell?) on the October 2011 board is the 30 day picture challenge. A ton of people on FB are doing it, but it might be cool to do here?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what is that??? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There quite a few variations floating around, but everyday for 30 days there's a prompt-type thing and you post a picture to go along with it. The one I've seen on Facebook is this...

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
    Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
    Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
    Day 04 - A picture of your night.
    Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
    Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
    Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
    Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
    Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
    Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
    Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
    Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
    Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
    Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
    Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
    Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
    Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
    Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
    Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
    Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
    Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
    Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
    Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
    Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
    Day 25 - A picture of your day.
    Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
    Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
    Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
    Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
    Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

It would be a really easy way to get to know the different ladies on the board and liven up the discussion a bit with some pictures :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is super cute!!! (: 
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I really like that idea, Brist!  It would keep something going and be totally different everyday.  And Lilies, more power to you!  I'd forget if I was supposed to post something daily...it'd be after 9pm before I'd remember... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the ideas!! The picture thing is very cute, but I had so much trouble just trying to figure out how to make my "siggy". I don't know if I would be able to do it everyday, haha! I don't even get on here until late at night everyday because I am so busy. I don't know how my fellow teachers on this board get to come on here during the day- we aren't really allowed to go on sites like this . You girls are lucky. 

BUT I will do my best to keep up. Because this is really the only board I post on and I like you girls, so I'm in. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahah. well i am gonna TRY to remember.....but if i forget...someone is more then welcome to pick up the slack for that day. lol. 

does everyone like all those topics for each day?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go for it ladies!  If people respond, great, and if it generates more discussion, great, but post activity on the board would be fine!!  No need to ask permission, lol.  :-)

I love the FB picture thing -- I saw a few of my FB friends doing that lately and I thought about joining in.  

That confession tuesday thing sounds really fun among the other ideas you had.  Post away, and we'll see what happens!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think putting pictures into posts is a lot easier than signatures. I can do a little tutorial/how-to post if someone wants me to?

I'll get started with the 30 day picture challenge thing tomorrow. :) And it looks like Lilies has already started her fun posts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awesome! i am excited for it!!!

my topics are subject to change...so please..any ideas let me know. 

i am not sure if i totally love "motivation thursdays" - the others i really like...but...eh...idk...let me know! (: 
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_fun-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7d536831-43df-4a2b-afb5-09cf31a5363cPost:b51fc8ab-18b8-4453-9a7b-0239c695227d">Re: fun days!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the ideas!! The picture thing is very cute, but I had so much trouble just trying to figure out how to make my "siggy". I don't know if I would be able to do it everyday, haha! I don't even get on here until late at night everyday because I am so busy. I don't know how my fellow teachers on this board get to come on here during the day- we aren't really allowed to go on sites like this . You girls are lucky.  BUT I will do my best to keep up. Because this is really the only board I post on and I like you girls, so I'm in. 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

I don't know if "get to" is the right word ;-)  We do have a 30 minute duty free lunch though, so I usually am on during that, and then my contract day is up right after school.

And I'm down with whatev for daily posts, though I likely won't participate every day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, I've been a part-time teacher this school year thus far.  I only teach from 12:40 until 3:10.  I start a new full-time teaching position (this is my 4th year teaching, it's the economy, baby) on Monday March 7 so I'm sure I won't be here as much during working hours once that happens because it's twice the amount of classes!  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options

Love it!!  I've been thinking about posting this too.  :)  I'm not sure about motivation Thursday either haha - but I'll go with it.  :P  On May 2011 they did top three thursday - someone posts a topic (top three favorite fruits, flowers, candies) and then everyone posts.  We could do a joint discussion on Thursday!!  Not necessarily with top three, but you know what I mean.  Because I'm SUCH a procrastinator!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i LOVE top three thursday!!! i say we do this!!! (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards