Christian Weddings
Options

question on flower girl dress

So..my colors are red, black, and white. 

my BMs are wearing little black dresses...and the mother of my FG picked this dress out and ordered it. 

is this to much black for my bridal party?

i was thinking maybe i could buy a red peek-a-boo slip thing for her to wear underneath....what do you think? and she'll have a red headband..and holding a white basket. 

what do you girls think?

Re: question on flower girl dress

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's too much black- one FG isn't going to make that much of a difference for the colours, and I like your ideas of accessorizing in other colours. Plus, she already ordered it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya......i just need to find a place to buy alittle peek - a- boo slip thing. i dont know where to look. 
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just glad the FG isn't going to be in white like a mini-bride! I think that'll be a cute dress, the peakaboo slip sounds like a great idea, combined with the flowers/petals she'll be carrying there will be plenty of color.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya..i DO NOT like when the FG looks like a miniature bride. i made it CLEAR from the beginning that i did not want her in white. 

i get like a bridezilla in that i want to be the only one wearing white at my wedding. hehe. 
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monica, are you my twin or something?! August wedding, same colors and black flower girl dress? Jeez. We haven't even talked about wedding plans with each other. Haha. Great minds think alike? Or have the same problems? Or something like that. :)

I think a red slip with a red handband and a white basket will be fine. Maybe red shoes? Or a red ribbon around the basket? Assuming she's doing petals, those will be red too...? I think you'll be fine! I'll be on the lookout for red peek-a-boo slips. You might want to let her mom know that she needs one of those too she can be on the lookout.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love the idea of a peekaboo slip for a little extra "pop" of color! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha! really??? i love it!!! maybe we are twins! 
    are you sooo excited????? i sure am! 

hehe. ya...i think that it will look cute with the red peek a boo..and stuff. her basket will be a white with a red ribbon...she will have a red headband..and the petals are "latin ladies" they are white and red. (: as well as red petals. (: 
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs... I think it'll be fine with the headband/basket/accessories.  Especially since momma bought it already.

What if you did a little bolero or shrug in white or red?  Might be easier to find than a peekaboo slip?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya...its just gonna be August in Cali..its gets HHOOOTT! like over 110 degrees...so i am trying to stay away from shrugs and other coverings. 

although i am sure it is WAY easier to find then a peek-a-boo slip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds cute! Our FG was going to wear a white dress, so don't hate! Haha just kidding. I know what you mean though about too much white. We were going to have her wear a blue sash or something to match the BM dresses. But now she is unable to be in the wedding at all, so we don't have to decide. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All that sounds great to me!!  Just as long as you accessorize.  :)

@ Ash - Me too!!  I HATE mini brides, but the only FG dress I ended up like that I could get in time was one a LOT like my dress.  And we're adding a blue sash that not only matches the BMs, but also is like my dress.  GRRR!!  But we have two FGs, so the other won't match, which is ok with me.  But they're both in white now with blue sashes.  It'll all be ok.  It'll all be ok.  It'll all be ok.  :P

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards