Christian Weddings

something blue and a sweet gift from my mother

I posted this in the May 2010 board, but I felt the need to share with you guys, too. This was just too sweet. My FI and mother totally rock and are the sweetest people ever, and I cried just typing this.

For the last two weeks, I've been pondering what to do for my something blue. I hadn't been seriously searching or anything, but I did mention it to FI. I already had my new, old, and borrowed. Anyway, today he surprised me with a totally sweet something blue to wear. What he doesn't know is that it will totally go with my dress, which has very similarly shaped flowers on the lace! http://www.helzberg.com/nav/i/category/jewelry/colored+gems/blue+topaz/blue+topaz+and+iolite+flower+ring+1734875/r/metal+content/sterling+silver/n/4294967090/r/price+range/less+than+%24100/n/117.do?sortby=ourPicks

Also, my mom fixed up her garter from when she and my dad married in 1981. When they got married, their color was lavendar (because she didn't want to use her favorite color, pink, only one month after her SIL used it in her wedding). My color is purple (because it's my all time favorite color). So, her garter totally matches all my stuff. Anyway, she actually made her garter by hand all those years ago. (She's very crafty!) She had attatched to it little delicate tulle pouches to it by tying lavendar ribbons and bows. One pouch had  a penny from the year they got married. One pouch had some rice. She had a little blue charm attatched, but it fell off the garter at the wedding and was lost, so I never knew that. Anyway, today she gave it to me all fixed up. She put new elastic in (it was all stretched out). She re-secured the pouch that had rice. She also added in a 2010 penny in the pouch that had her 1981 penny. She secured a new blue charm. She also added a Texas Tech double T charm to it. I totally cried when she gave it to me, and now I'm crying again just telling you about it. I can't wait to show you guys a picture.

I seriously cannot wait to wear all these things on Drew's and my wedding day in only five days. :)
Anniversary

Re: something blue and a sweet gift from my mother

• kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Courtney!

The ring is gorgeous!  He's so thoughtful!

And your Mom's garter sounds awesome!  It gave me ideas - unfortunately I am not crafty - lol!  I love all the little pouches it has and the fact that she updated it for you!  And just imagine if you keep it in the family!  If you're crying now, just imagine how it will feel when you're actually wearing it - lol! Enjoy your big day!  It's getting better the closer it gets!  I know it will go off without a hitch!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Ya know, if it gave you ideas but you're not crafty, you should try finding someone on Etsy who could do it for you. They're usually really good about doing exactly what you want.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards