Christian Weddings
Options

scripture verses

I am working on creating a guest book of sorts for our guests to leave a memory/note/advice in at the reception.  I'm putting various engagement pics on the left pages and leaving the right pages blank for people to write on.  Anyway, below the e-pics, I'm putting various scripture verses about love.  FI and I had some that we picked together for one of our premarital exercises and we used those and a few others we found, but I'm still in need of 3 more.  I'm to the point where all I am finding and remembering are strictly marriage and not necessarily love, which are great, but not what I am going for with the book.

All of that to ask for suggestions on scripture verses dealing with love...

Thanks, ladies!!

Re: scripture verses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For our reading in our wedding, we used 1 John 4: 7-12. I love that. 

Just the other day, I read Colossians 3:12-14 and I love it! You could always just do Colossians 3:14. 

You could use parts of Ephesians 5: 21-33. The whole thing may not be usable, but certain parts could work (i.e. Verse 28- "He who loves his wife loves himself.")
  • Options
    BronwynHBronwynH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    John, 1 & 2 John talk alot about love. 1 & 2 John are short, so you could easily find some good verses. Also Jeremiah 31:3

Hope that helps some!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards