Christian Weddings
Options

Final Bridal Shower

Today was my final bridal shower. Saying that makes the timeline seem real. After almost a year of planning I am down to 41 days!!! I can not believe it. The guests at the shower were instructed to write well wishes and secrets to a happy marriage on a card for me. My FMIL wrote among other things to "always love my son" I want to call her up and tell her that will not be a problem because she has raised an amazing son that is truly in love with God first and it is so easy to follow after him because of his true heart. She can be difficult at times but she is just trying to let go of her only child. Hope everyone is well and planning is going smoothly :)

Re: Final Bridal Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_final-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8b0c0664-aa23-4d6a-8e7c-d44b4b772928Post:b988c7f8-d152-4318-9d7c-2059c58d711d">Final Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today was my final bridal shower. Saying that makes the timeline seem real. After almost a year of planning I am down to 41 days!!! I can not believe it. The guests at the shower were instructed to write well wishes and secrets to a happy marriage on a card for me. My FMIL wrote among other things to "always love my son" I want to call her up and tell her that will not be a problem because she has raised an amazing son that is truly in love with God first and it is so easy to follow after him because of his true heart. <strong>She can be difficult at times but she is just trying to let go of her only child</strong>. Hope everyone is well and planning is going smoothly :)
    Posted by OliviaD7712[/QUOTE]

That is very exciting!  Those 41 days will fly by.  the bolded line really jumped out at me.  I see many girls on the other boards complain about their mother in laws.  Never do I see any of them trying to take a step back and thinking of things through their eyes.  I see you are trying to do that, and that is very good.  YOu must see the importance of maintaing a good relationship with your Future Mother IN law. 

Good Luck with everything!  And God Bless.
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So exciting!! I had advice cards at my shower too and my fave one was "Remember God is your father and also your father-in-law. Treat Ryan as God's son." I loved that! Have fun in the remaining days! I am down to something like 32.. Exciting! 
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, girl! I'm sure these next few days will fly by!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_final-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8b0c0664-aa23-4d6a-8e7c-d44b4b772928Post:93ad1bef-cae8-4e0f-b94a-b1fda083f2db">Re: Final Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]So exciting!! I had advice cards at my shower too and my fave one was "<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ff00ff">Remember God is your father and also your father-in-law. Treat Ryan as God's son."</font> I loved that! Have fun in the remaining days! I am down to something like 32.. Exciting! 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

<div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000">i love this!!!! (: (: sooo cute! (: </font></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love that Ashley that is so cute!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards