Christian Weddings
Options

I Just Don't Get It

This morning on the radio they had a segment called "I just don't get it when..." and people called in with the things that they just don't get.  So WR or NWR, what don't you get?

For example, I just don't get it when people don't send thank you notes after receiving a gift.  I mean any gift.  I just think it is common courtesy and shows that you appreciate the gift.

What don't you get?

Re: I Just Don't Get It

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I just don't get it when you call someone or email them with clear expectations of a response and they never respond.  We are trying to get a shed and need someone to come prepare the site.  We called 3 different people for estimates and only one of them ever called back.  I just don't get why the others never called me back.  It seems like with the economy being the way it is, people would be happy to have work.  Apparently not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just don't get....
    People can't use their turn signals when they drive. I mean really?
    I also just don't get why FI can't do his own laundry. lol. I don't want to throw his stinky clothes in the washer either. Oh well.
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just don't get it when people post really personal details about their lives on facebook and then wriite "I wish everyone would stay out of my life" or "I hate drama".... uhhhh hello? You're broadcasting your life! haha.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_just-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8b62a51a-1f77-4c1c-95dd-4964daeadd8dPost:843c7104-c52a-471b-9d86-c7ce5c4f773b">Re: I Just Don't Get It</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't get it when people post really personal details about their lives on facebook and then wriite "I wish everyone would stay out of my life" or "I hate drama".... uhhhh hello? You're broadcasting your life! haha.
    Posted by MelissaC315[/QUOTE]

Haha I see this all the time! It blows my mind some of the stuff people post on FB and usually they're the ones with 700+ friends... I got rid of over 150 "friends" last year and it was so liberating.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha too funny, so true... my FI just did that too. He decided to only keep "actual" real life friends on his facebook and went from like 500 something to 80 something. He said the same thing as you... ahh liberating! haha
  • Options
    yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My FI does the unfriending thing from time to time, too.  He keeps unfriending one of his friends, who a week or so later always refriends him.  He's given up unfriending that person, he doesn't want to hurt feelings. 

I don't get it when people pull out in front of me and proceed to do 20 or so under the speed limit.  If you're gonna cut me off, use your accelorator and get up to speed!  Of course, they could be like my grandpa who takes it upon himself to slow people down who he thinks are going too fast...
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get why so many people can't have a conversation without using cuss/swear words. Isn't the tongue our most powerful muscle? It really bothers me.
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_just-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8b62a51a-1f77-4c1c-95dd-4964daeadd8dPost:f55b79d6-ef92-4d00-add5-a8a7c23befb2">Re: I Just Don't Get It</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI does the unfriending thing from time to time, too.  He keeps unfriending one of his friends, who a week or so later always refriends him.  He's given up unfriending that person, he doesn't want to hurt feelings.  I don't get it when <strong>people pull out in front of me and proceed to do 20 or so under the speed limit.</strong>  If you're gonna cut me off, use your accelorator and get up to speed!  Of course, they could be like my grandpa who takes it upon himself to slow people down who he thinks are going too fast...
    Posted by yodacub[/QUOTE]

ahhh that is my pet peeve. I'm not an angry person at all... but that really irks me and brings out the road rage in me. haha
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get drivers who continually tailgate. It's bad enough that they do it in the first place, but then they refuse to pass you when they have an opportunity. Stop putting both our lives in danger!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_just-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8b62a51a-1f77-4c1c-95dd-4964daeadd8dPost:ed062835-3fdc-440e-98c2-3b8deb1d088f">Re: I Just Don't Get It</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get why so many people can't have a conversation without using cuss/swear words. Isn't the tongue our most powerful muscle? It really bothers me.
    Posted by SoonToBeGenao[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>THIS! I hate swearing. And I feel like people our age and younger are the worst culprits of it. I also don't get when a show has more bleeps than actual words. Why would anyone actually want to watch something like that?</div>
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get people pulling out in front of me and going slow, but even more, I don't get it when someone pulls out in front of you and then 1/4 mile down the road they turn.  I especially don't get it when there is nobody behind me so they could have just waited 10 seconds until I passed and then not ticked me off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards