Christian Weddings
Options

Just need to get this out and don't want to upset Fiance. prayers would be nice.

I just needed to get this out and I really don't want to worry or upset my friends or espcially my fiance. 

The appartment I live in has become not the best of place to live since I moved in.  When I rented this originally back 5 years ago it wasn't a bad place to live.  There were some lower income families but I felt safe, the kids ran around like crazy but I did not feel threatened by them.  But in the last year the people who have moved in have declined.  And it's not the fact that they have low income it's the fact that they are just bad people. 

This past winter I lost a set of keys and someone found them and drove my car like 100 miles.  And after I bought a club it appeard the person decided to pleasure himself in my car.  Someone watched me clean my car out the next day.   I had to spend $300 to get my doors re-keyed. 

the last few months things started getting better some of the bad people I wasn't seeing around anymore so I thought things were starting to look up. 

Today I decided to walk to the gas station down the road, the neighborhood my appartment is in is a really nice middle class neighbor hood.   It's really just my building that is bad.  So I always feel safe taking that walk.  At the gas station I saw a pants on the ground type of guy.  I heard something behind me so I looked back and he was walking behind me, which was fine he needed to get where he was going.  But then i heard him say something like "Oh we could have some fun together"  or something like that. 

At that moment my heart started racing and all those feelings I had this winter came back.  Since there were people outside there houses I slowed down so the guy could get in front of me instead of him being behind me, but I just prayed for God to keep me save now and for the rest of the time I live here.

I don't want to talk to fiance about it because he doesn't like to see me worried like this.  I"m feeling better since I did not see the guy when I got home.  I just needed to vent a little at tell someone about it.

I have about a month and a half left in this appartment and then I'm out of here for good, actually I could leave in a little over a month and if I keep having incidents like this I will move without my fiance's help.  (He has a fight a week and a half after we close on the house and the weekend after we close he'll be in the zone thinking of the fight.)

I pray that God keeps me safe this last month and half, and that this last month and a half goes quickly. 

Had the car incident not happened someone saying those things would have gotten me a bit worked up but not like it does now.  It would have been nice if he would have just kept his mouth shut. 

Thanks for listening.

"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"

Re: Just need to get this out and don't want to upset Fiance. prayers would be nice.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry that happened. I would be freaking out! I hope God places a safety net around you this next month and a half till you have to move.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so so sorry. I would be VERY upset. I will be praying for safety and peace until you move! 

Virtual hugs coming your way!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is really tough!  I'm sorry to hear.  I would just try to live in lockdown or something for a month and a half.  Get mace spray.  Maybe do some research on staying safe.  Perhaps you could even stay with a friend?  I'm feeling worried for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the prayers girls.  I actually do have mase for when ever I get home after dark.   Actually if it weren't for my cats I would be living some place else.  I do beleive that God will keep me safe, no one has ever broken into my appartment just took my car when the had the keys. 

This guy today just really shook me up since it was day light and I get a little bit anxious around the types of guys who dress and talk like their thugs. 

Just writing this out and knowing people are reading it has really calmed me down a bit.  Thank you all for the prayers and for the validation for my being scared.

All you girls are the best!  I'm so glad I started coming to this board you all have helped me more than you can ever know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayers are coming your way for safety and peace!!  I would still tell FI - I know mine honey would be upset if I didn't.  It's a guy thing lol.  But I do understand you not wanting to upset him.  Whatever you think is best for you and your FI.  :)  Anyways - stay safe!!  You're worrying me too now!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know EXACTLY what you mean.  One of my BMs used to live in a sketchy apartment building in a nice neighborhood, just like the situation you described.  I hated going to visit her because there were always sketchy looking people hanging out around there.  Her FI's car got vandalized after he called the cops on a teenager he caught breaking into someone else's car.  They finally moved last month, thank goodness!  I will be praying for safety and peace for you!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow !!!  I'm so sorry that you don't feel safe where you live.  Feeling safety at "home" is a basic human need.  Definitely live lock-down style for the next month or so if you can.  Sounds like the move couldn't come soon enough.  :-/  Praying for you to lean on Jesus!  :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you! My neighborhood at home is like that. I haaaaate it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry this is happening.  I think you should tell your FI.  I know you don't want him to worry but what if something happened to you? I know God will protect you but there is no harm in people knowing what is going on.  It might make you even feel safer, knowing someone is praying for you on the way home?  Just a thought.  I will be praying for you.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is serious stuff! Thank God you are leaving soon. Until then may God grant you comfort and peace during this trying time *hugs*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Fiance does know about the car situation from this summer.  I had to convince him not to sleep in my car to catch the guy.  My fiance does MMA stuff and he's supper strong but he thinks he's invicible and his strength is no match to a gun.    but this guy i saw last night really was just me getting all worked up because the car situation has made me very jumpy.

If I didn't have two cats whom I love very dearly they are my babies, I probably would have moved in with his folks back in January when the whole car thing happened.

Thankfully there are still some good people left in the building.  My fiance does know I am scared to when I get home late at night and he taught me how to use peppe spray and other technics I can use like where to stab someone with my keys if I need too. 

Just a month and a half longer and I don't have to be scared any more. 

My new house is in an extremely nice neighborhood, very quite and safe! 

Thanks for all the prayers!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there!  Start counting down the days!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry about this! Stay safe and try not to walk to that gas station anymore. You're almost done with that place- hang in there! I will pray! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards