Christian Weddings

Need Prayer? Put your praises/requests here (Wk of 2/27)

Feel free to put your prayer requests here or your praises.  Having these in one place will help us to remember your request and not have it get lost among the other posts.

And if you want us to keep praying for a request you made in a prior week, feel free to add it again here.

Have a blessed week!

Re: Need Prayer? Put your praises/requests here (Wk of 2/27)

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got word that a friend of mine just had her baby at 30.5 weeks via an emergency C-Section.  She just got married in August and she and her DH were not planning to have a family this soon.  The baby is under 3 pounds and is being transported to a NICU that is 2 hours away from where she is.  Her husband will be torn between his wife who is an hour South of his home and his daughter who is an hour North of home.  And the baby will probably be in the NICU for a while (with mom and dad being an hours drive from the hospital) so I'm sure that it will not be easy for them.

Praise God that mom and baby are both doing okay under the circumstances.  Please pray for Bekah, John and Elsa.
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Lisa- praying for your friend's family

Prayer- the school I'm student teaching at is going through some administrative ick right now.  The principal was placed on administrative leave last Friday.  The superintendent told us it did not involve another student, drugs or money, so, of course, rumors of what else it could be are just flying.  I'm in the 6th grade "Differentiated Learning" (i.e.- Behavioral Difficulties) class.  A good majority of my kids have horrific home lives.  Now, the only male role model in some of my students' lives is gone .  Some of their grandmothers could make the Devil wet his pants, but that strong male is just missing in their lives.  And this week just...honestly...sucked.
  • edited December 2011
    I could still really use some prayers for my house to sell and final details to pull together.  We had an open house on the house yesterday and another showing today but so far no offers.  With less than a month to go before the wedding and needing to move 150 miles away, its hard not get nervous.

As a possible praise report, my work is seriously thinking about keeping me on and letting me work from home after the wedding.  They hadn't been happy with any  of the candidates for my job so now the owner and manager are weighing the costs/benefits of having me remote in on the computer and I can even answer the incoming phone lines remotely.  But they won't make a decision for a couple of weeks ... since the owner is on vacation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I will pray for all of you! 

Emily- I know how it can be to be the only thing kids have sometimes. I am a teacher and kids tell me things that make me think, "how can these parents choose other things over their kids?" It baffles me and is so sad. But that just means that we have an opportunity to really make a difference and show them we care. 

• edited December 2011
    Praying for all of you!

Prayer - I have a phone interview tomorrow for a nursing position in the same town my FI is having his 4th interview for Director of Youth Ministry. Please pray we both get these positions! :)

Praise- My FI is just awesome :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here's my prayer request for the next couple of days -- it's my last 4 days at my part-time school job, before I start my full-time school job on Monday.  I am literally THIS CLOSE to doing something really mean to a coworker.  She teaches in the chorus room in the mornings (so she is borrowing my classroom).  I came in yesterday and all of the copy paper had been used (and I get maybe 1 pack of copy paper every month and a half because I just don't go through it very fast).  I came in today, and ALL of my personal belongings, classroom files, etc that were in ONE VERY NEAT pile on the desk were all moved and completely out of order from how I had them.  Oh, and she took MY files out of my desk organizing bins and put her crap in there.  Those desk organizing bins (along with the desk lamp) are my personal belongings, not the school's, and I'm just not sure what's up with this coworker.  I know she's probably going "yay I'll get the classroom" but that's not the case at all -- she is the visiting teacher in the classroom and she's only here for 2 periods of the school day.

I couldn't find ANY of my handouts that I had so diligently prepared for my students today, the music that I had taken SO much time to alphabetize was strewn about and re-piled ALL OUT OF ORDER and everything is an "organized" mess.  It was organized before, and I didn't mess with HER crap at all.  

I guess it's payback from me erasing part of the information she left ALL OVER the white board because I actually had to teach that day... literally she covered the white board with her curriculum and DID NOT erase it before she left, as has been our agreement.  When we needed something to stay up, we keep to our sides of the board so that it is easier for the students to find and so that we can actually keep it up.  I wasn't maliciously erasing it either, I just had to teach and needed the board space.

I'm SO GLAD that I'll have my own classroom that I don't have to share with anyone next week.  I've shared classrooms at other schools with no problem.  The person who lives in my classroom in the AM hours doesn't seem to have ANY decorum or know how to be kind to other people.  She's already on a LOT of other people's "crap" lists at school, and she just lost the last "friend" she had in the building.  

Praise... THANK GOD I start a new job next week!!!!  The move won't be the easiest thing to deal with, but at this point, I am counting my blessings, for sure!!!!
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Prayers are coming your ways!!

If you could please pray for my grandma and my family.  I posted in another post that she has Alzheimer's and she's on the decline.  Normally she has good days and bad days but lately she's been having bad day after bad day, worse and worse and more frequent.  Usually she smooths back out and has good days but it seems like there's no end in sight.  We're all praying she makes it to my wedding and has a very good day for it (if you could pray that as well).  I'm the closest to her, and I think I'm taking it the hardest.  I love her so dearly, and we all just want her to live forever.  :P  We know she can't but if you could pray she makes it a while longer and has a good day for my wedding (if it's in God's will), as well as peace and patience for my family I'd appreciate it.  Thanks ladies!!  You're all amazing.  :)

Praise:  I have absolutely adorable animals, and FI understands I adore them.  Plus last night he just took it when I was snippy (I felt so bad later!!) and he held me when I fell apart.  I tried to pull it together before I was ready by wrapping my mom's present, but he wouldn't let me, and just held me until I was done crying.  I love him!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you all!
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011
    Prayers for my family.  I got word that my great aunt just passed away from congestive heart failure this evening.  She has been bed ridden for the last week.  Her kids were with her, but I know it has been a very very hard week for all of them.  Please keep them especially in your prayers.  She was a wonderful women full of life and love, and gave everything she could until her very last breath.

She had her daughters running wildly last week to find me a silly wedding present, because that was a bigger concern than what was happening to her. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • lizhudson88lizhudson88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the board ( I don't know why I didn't find you guys sooner!)

I really need some prayers in regards to my school situation. I applied to a very competitive nurse practitioner program and I got a letter today saying I got on the wait list. I know it's not a "no," but I'm still bummed. Maybe it's God's way of teaching me patience. Please pray His will be done in that situation!

Also, the pregnancy of one of my unwed friend's. Very tough situation for her whole family.
    edited December 2011
    Praying for your family, Aggie.

Liz- Welcome to the board!  Praying for your understanding of God's will in your school situation and your friend,
    edited December 2011
    Aggie - that is so sweet.  She sound like a wonderful person.  Will pray for you all.

Liz - Welcome!  I hope for you that this is a lesson in patience.  Will pray.  Keep us posted!
  • edited December 2011
    Praying girls! 
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please pray for DH. He is sick (maybe the flu?) for the second time in less than two months. I've been lucky so far and haven't caught anything, but he's pretty miserable. :(
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Continued prayers for my 17 year old cousin and his pregnant girlfriend would be appreciated.  It sounds like she's decided on keeping the baby, but my cousin thinks they should place him up for adoption.  I'm not sure how they're dealing with the conflict, so prayers that they can come to an agreement that they both feel at peace with would be great.

Also, my friend is having an ECV Friday (3/4) at 9 am Pacific.  There is a small chance it could cause her to go into labor, so prayers that Baby Hall stays put for a couple more weeks would be awesome!
    edited December 2011
    Prayer Request- My aunt has an adopted daughter and adopted son who both have several special needs and have nursing care when she's at work (she isn't married).  Dinah has been Mya's nurse for 8 years, since she was 1, and became De's nurse when he became my aunt's foster son 3 years ago.  She wasn't feeling well a few weeks ago, took a few days off, came back last week, and then had a stroke on Tuesday.  She survived, is doing well, but is still in the hospital and will be out for at least a month, possibly permanently.  Mya has Noonan's Syndrome (chromosomal, like Down's) and is on the Autism spectrum and does not understand what happened...only that things are not going as they should the past few weeks (if you're wondering, De has hydrocephaly--water on the brain). 

Apparently when my aunt told her she wasn't coming to my house last weekend because my mom was sick (with a sinus infection) Mya thought she was as sick as Dinah and she would never see her again. 

My aunt, her NICU supervisors where she works, my cousins' school and their aides, the nursing agency, and my family are all going to need a little extra grace to get through the next few weeks of orienting the new nurse, getting Mya and De adjusted to change, and facing the possibility of Dinah not working with Mya and De anymore.  We're also praying for Dinah's recovery.  I know she has a husband and several adult children, but I'm not sure of her age.

To add cuteness to your prayer thoughts:

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praise:  Baby Hall turned without incident!  She is no longer breech and is ready to be born whenever the time comes  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    FI coaches baseball and one of his players got hit in the head with a fly ball and was rushed to the hospital with head trauma and had surgery. He is recovering, but is still in bad shape. Prayers for him and also for the boy that hit the ball- that he doesn't feel guilt and realizes that it's not his fault. 

Also- my MOH is going through a tough time with her BF (they are one a break- which will probably mean broken up). Prayers that she will trust God that He will bring the right person into her life in His time. 

Thanks girls! 
    edited December 2011
    Emily - I don't see the cuteness.

Praying for you all and Drama - glad to hear the praise!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_need-prayer-put-praisesrequests-here-wk-of-227?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8ec0ed23-6f5b-4827-94ce-89865d045190Post:af32bc72-b385-4e8a-9ace-1efdc4d7dfd4">Re: Need Prayer? Put your praises/requests here (Wk of 2/27)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Emily - I don't see the cuteness.
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

Fixed it!

And praying for the posts above!
  • edited December 2011
    so a little background for my prayer request. after my summer job ended in august, i was unemployed (usually my on-campus job starts up again in the fall but due to change in management, i got lost in the shuffle i guess you could say and ended up without any shifts/unemployed) so i spent all last semester looking for a job and FINALLY ended up getting hired towards the end of january.
    near the end of my shift today two of my managers pulled me aside and said they were gonna have to let me go because it just didn't seem like i was getting it, and that i get flustered when its busy (it was a hosting job at a restaurant) and that it just isn't the right fit for me. i just about had a meltdown-first off because i was really feeling like i was getting a handle on it just fine, while adjusting in a few areas (as i assumed was to be expected), and because i normally don't get flustered at work (i usually handle stress pretty well, and there were only a few times where i was getting overwhelmed, mainly due to working the shift alone, or because one of the managers that was there had been trying to help, but was throwing my routine/system off).
    i feel wronged because if i had been doing something wrong, i wasn't aware of it and it was never mentioned to me, which i assume would be the normal procedure. i also don't feel like that is a legit reason to fire me, and i don't really understand.
    i'm going to try to call some employee resource line or something this week because i feel like i need to understand better what happened before i go looking for another job (i want to be able to fix what went wrong or improve somehow if that's what it was), but regardless, i'm really stressing out about it now because we're getting married in 3 months, i'm out of a job now (again) and we need to start looking for and applying for apartments (FI is only working part-time because of school, i'm going to go FT after may since i'll be graduated then). so there's that, and i'm feeling really rejected and confused.
    i am trying to see where God is in this and how he's orchestrating this for us, but its really hard right now, so i need prayers for finding a job, resolving what happened, and for me to be able to trust God to take care of us in this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards