Christian Weddings

Monday QOTD

Summer is right around the corner.....anyone making any plans to help with vacation bible school this summer?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• peachykeen26peachykeen26 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Last year we volunteered at our old church for the summer. No idea what to do this year since small groups end soon and we have the summer off. Probably just as well not to stretch ourselves. A pastor from our old church told us not to do much our first year of marriage because it's already stressful enough.
    We may just work and try to travel a little bit.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I won't be able to this summer, I am going to a business conference in July that would mean missing too many days to be able to do it (they ask you committ to only missing a couple days).
  • Our church doesn't have a vacation Bible school.  There are only a couple of kids who attend the church.  I'd say about 75% of the congregation is over the age of 60.  There aren't many younger couples the right age to have young children.  That said, even if there was a vacation Bible school, working with kids is not my thing.  I sure loved vacation Bible school when I was younger though!
  • VBS is the week after we get back from the honeymoon and I am really worried that is going to be too much. I want to get the house set up and unpack from the HM but also had so much fun last year. I know I need to decide soon though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope, not this year. Between honeymoon and leaving for the summer, it just won't work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope, I am in the lab overthe summer so no go for me.  It is something like 9-12 Monday - Friday. My nieces will be attending though!
  • VBS unfortunately does not mesh with my work schedule. However, I will be helping out with our church's family camp in August.
  • Our current church doesn't have VBS.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • I wish!! We aren't affiliated with any churches right now. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Our church isn't even organized enough to have Bible study classes...  vacation Bible school is unheard of. 
  • GunzNRoses213GunzNRoses213 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I havnt done that in years... Sadly... Kinda since I had my own kid I havnt gotten involved.  I kinda did my time in high school /college... And I dont live near the church I attend....He goes to the one down the street that I went to when I was a teenager.
    Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards