Christian Weddings
Options

Monday QOTD

What's one piece of clothing of yours you will never get rid of?

Does FI have a piece of clothing you wish you could secretly get rid of?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• Options
    I wouldn't say never, but I hang on to my clothes for a long time.  I still wear shoes I've had since the 8th grade.  I'm 27 now, so I've had those shoes for half my life!  I tend to buy clothing that's more classic, so I just keep wearing things until they get to shabby.  My donate pile consists of things I've shrunk and a few things that I think are a little too young-looking (think shirt with a cat on it). 

I throw away DH's socks when they get holes in them.  They don't bother him, but they drive me nuts!!  He has a few t-shirts he's attatched to that I think should be thrown away, so he's agreed to just wear them to the gym.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    I love my dresses.  I can't wear any of them now, but I'm hoping I can get back into them next spring!!

I wish I could just get rid of H's t-shirts.  It doesn't bother me when he wears them around the house, but it does but me when he wears them in public.  Maybe I'll get him a bunch of nicer, uncollared shirts for his birthday next month and the tees can make their way to his pajama drawer.
  • Options
    I have a pair of track pants that have SO many tiny holes in them. I got them nearly 8 years ago when I first joined the army, they have the Canadian Army logo on them and are a grey pant. They are just SOOO comfortable, but you can only purchase them on base.
    I guess I wouldn't 'not get rid of them', just only if I replaced them with the same ones again (I know they still have them, just haven't been on base in a couple years...)
  • Options
    I love love love my Threadless t-shirts. They're so fun and "me". I don't wear them that much since I have to wear professional clothing for teaching but I do wear them to class and on the weekend.

I wish I could get rid of FI's polo shirts. I HATE them. He never wears them but it would clear up some closet place for my clothes... ;)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:9069b69c-e85c-4037-b6aa-c09afa9836a4Post:975428eb-103c-4ee2-82fd-d7aa85cefa11">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE] I wish I could just get rid of H's t-shirts.  It doesn't bother me when he wears them around the house, but it does but me when he wears them in public.  Maybe I'll get him a bunch of nicer, uncollared shirts for his birthday next month and the tees can make their way to his pajama drawer.
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I have slowly but surely replaced all of H's t-shirts (Pac Man, stupid sayings on them, etc) with solid colored shirts from ON. He's hardly noticed. ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>As for me, I will probably never get rid of some of my old camp t-shirts. I don't wear them anymore (mostly because they don't fit! Haha) but I don't think I'll ever want to toss them.</div><div>
    </div><div>I already mentioned my H's stupid t-shirts that I hated, but he has some really ugly jeans that just fit awkwardly and look outdated that I want to toss. I'd probably have to secretly buy them from ON or wherever and replace them like I did his t-shirts ;)</div>
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I have track pants from high school that I got from my soccer team.  They are all worn in and so comfy and still fit!  I will keep them as long as possible.

There are a lot of my H's things I'd love to get rid of, mostly long-sleeved fleece things and hoodies that have bleach stains/holes in them.  Over the last couple of years I've convinced him to get rid of all of his pleated pants, which was a great step!  Flat fronts only!
  • Options
    My Jump Rope team shirt from 2nd grade. Still have it. It doesn't fit because my chest grew, but I stil love it.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards