Christian Weddings
Options

Halloween Poll

Here is a poll just for fun (no drama please):

Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween?

Do you get many trick-or-treaters?

How much candy do you usually buy?

What kind of candy do you usually get?

What do you do with the leftover candy?

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be?

Re: Halloween Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, my parents live in the country so nobody ever came out to trick or treat. H and I bought a house in town so potentially yes we could hand out candy, but I have to work

All the other questions don't apply, but maybe next year we will pass out candy.

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween?  yup

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? No - the past couple years I've gotten one (my good friend's daughter).  They moved, so this year I'm expecting zero.

How much candy do you usually buy? Two small bags

What kind of candy do you usually get? Twizzlers.  Or Skittles.  Or Reeses.

What do you do with the leftover candy? Eat it.  And share it with FI and my coworkers

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? Nope.

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a poll just for fun (no drama please):

Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? of course!  Although this year I think my young adults group (that meets on Mondays) is going to participate in the church's trunk-or-treat since Halloween falls on the same night as out group night

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? not at the apartment Undecided  We got 2 last year.  Usually I go to my parents' house to hand out candy since they get a lot of trick-or-treaters

How much candy do you usually buy? when I stick around the apartment, usually only 1 bag, my parents usually buy 3 costco bags and some cute halloween stickers

What kind of candy do you usually get? chocolate--snickers, twix, m&ms.  The stuff I would eat if it were to become leftovers Laughing

What do you do with the leftover candy? eat it, of course!

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be

no dressing up for me.  I gave that up after elementary school.

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

---We don't hand out candy.  After going through close to $50 of candy with the majority of kids not saying thank you or even trick-or-treat, two years in a row, we quit.

---at our old house, yes, 200+.  At this house, I doubt it.  We're at the end of a culdesac, 1/4 mile from the closest cross street.

---None for the past several years.  before that, at least $30 worth, usually more.

---a variety, generally chocolate though (snickers, 3 musketeers, etc).  Always the fun size.

---Eat it!

---H always dresses up for work, but I don't know what he's going to be.  I'm not allowed to dress up for work.  We won't go to a party or anything.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sometimes...  this year we will be!

this is our first year in our new home, so I'm not sure... but it's a neighborhood with lots of kids, so I hope so!

we bought 2 jumbo bags of mixed candy

the mixed bags, with reese's and twix and kit kats and hersheys and whoppers.

well, we eat some of it, some of it I put in my piano candy jar (treats for my students after a good lesson), and then the rest I put in the office candy bowl.

no, I don't think H or I will dress up, but we have a hot dog costume for our little dog!  so cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? I usually have to work but am hoping I can head over to FI's house after work to catch some late trick or treaters

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? this will be our first halloween in the house so I don't know

How much candy do you usually buy? probably around $30

What kind of candy do you usually get? mix bags

What do you do with the leftover candy? bring it to school for my kids

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? We are going to a party the Saturday before, we are told to dress up but I haven't gotten a costume yet

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? No, but we may be this year now that we have a house

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? N/A don't know yet

How much candy do you usually buy? N/A but we'll probably buy a bag or two in case we're home.

What kind of candy do you usually get? I'll probably get what used to be my favorites when I used to trick-or-treat which were Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and 3 Musketeers

What do you do with the leftover candy? DH always eats any leftovers of anything! Or I may bring it in to work.

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? We were invited to a Halloween party, so we'd like to go and we'll probably use the same costumes we wore 2 years ago as it'll be all new people since we moved from our home state last year.

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No. We live in a college town. Everyone is out partying...

We are going to a party at some friends. I don't know what we're going to be. H wants to be a nerd. I think he's going to wear his lab coat and goggles with suspenders and a polo and dorky jeans. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? When I was growing up, yes.  The last couple of years I went to parties

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? After leaving home I haven't lived anywhere that got trick-or-treaters.  We're in a new city now, so I don't know.

How much candy do you usually buy?  I bought 2 bags this year.

What kind of candy do you usually get? butterfingers!

What do you do with the leftover candy? umm, that's assuming I'll have any candy left by Halloween!

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? I dislike dressing for Halloween.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? Not normally.

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? I used to live in a college apartment complex, so none. I just moved so hopefully there will be some kids this year!

How much candy do you usually buy? I'll probably buy one bag

What kind of candy do you usually get? A mixed bag of something probably

What do you do with the leftover candy? Eat it or bring it to school

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? We're doing a book character parade on Halloween in kindergarten! All the teachers are doing Snow White and the 7 dwarfs! I'm going to be Snow White :)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? Before last year - no

Do you get many trick-or-treaters?  Last year we bought candy and the porch light was on but nobody came.  Then we realized that all of our neighbors sit outside to hand out candy so I guess it is not normal for kids to knock on doors in the neighborhood.

How much candy do you usually buy?  I bought 3 bags (got a great deal - $3.50 for all three)

What kind of candy do you usually get?  I got snickers and m&ms

What do you do with the leftover candy?  If we have any leftover, we'll eat it like we did last year.  I also try to go to a store the next morning to get candy 1/2 price.  I'm cheap like that. Smile

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be?  We are not going out for halloween or a party so no dressing up.

• Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? Yes, I love seeing all the costumes and cute little faces.

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? YESSSS! oh my goodness... too many haha.

How much candy do you usually buy? 6 big bags... yes it's ridiculous

What kind of candy do you usually get? Reese's because FI and my dad loveee them and don't mind eating the leftovers

What do you do with the leftover candy? Dad and FI eat them before anyone can get their hands on it

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? Normally every year I do but this year FI and I will be flying home from FL on Halloween Night so I won't be able to. I usually match my dog (pathetic I know haha). Last year he was a bumble bee and I was a lady bug. Embarassed

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween?  Yes, I hand out candy and then typically head out to a Hallowe'en party at school.

Do you get many trick-or-treaters?  About 30-35?

How much candy do you usually buy?  150 pieces - I count on 3 per kid plus some leftovers in case there are lots of kids, or I eat the leftovers...

What kind of candy do you usually get? Sour candies, mixture of mini chocolate bars.

What do you do with the leftover candy?  Eat it!  I try to hand out my least favourite candies first and then keep my favourites for last so I'm "stuck" with the good ones. 

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be?  Haven't decided exactly... I'm thinking maybe Pippa Middleton.

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? Yes! Always. I LOVE handing out candy.

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? Not very many. We don't have too many kids in our neighborhood but I'm hoping we get a couple this year!

How much candy do you usually buy? Usually 2-3 of the large bags you get from Target,

What kind of candy do you usually get? The mixed chocolate bags.. So I can eat it when we are done! :D

What do you do with the leftover candy? I shamelessly eat it.

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? We usually try to dress up for giving out candy. We may just wear black and orange though. We do have our Harry Potter costumes but will probably just wear something simple since Halloween is on a Monday this year and FI won't be home from work until 6.

Fun poll!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you usually home to hand out candy on Halloween? Yes

Do you get many trick-or-treaters? Last year I tallied. I think it was somewhere in the 60's or 70's. 

How much candy do you usually buy? 2 big bags. I remember running out and having to rush to Walgreens to buy more though. 

What kind of candy do you usually get? Variety pack

What do you do with the leftover candy? Eat it, duh! I am a chocoholic. 

Will you dress up for a party or anything else this year and if you will, what will you be? Nope. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards