Christian Weddings
Options

New here!

Hello ladies! I don't know why I've never noticed this section before, but I'm glad I did. :) After reading a few posts, I can see how much you all care for and love each other!

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself. I was 9 when I first met my fiance' (my family first started attending his family's church). Didn't really get to know each other until I was 16 and we were both in the volunteer group (aka youth group) at our church. The next summer God plainly told me that one day he was going to be my husband (I believed it, but didn't tell anyone!). Anyway, starting my freshman year of community college we began spending time together in a small group of people from our church going to that college. Strangers started telling us we were cute together- completely awkward since I wasn't sure if he liked me yet. By my junior year we had both transferred to the same university and were officially (and finally!) a couple. He asked my father for permission to propose in January of our senior year and asked me to be his wife on Valentines Day! He chose to do it at the lake on campus, which meant a lot since we had spent almost 4 years at school together. It had been about 4 1/2 years since I knew he was my One!

Our wedding is August 13th- one day shy of a 6 month engagement! He is absolutely amazing! I love how we can look back and see how God obviously brought us together and started knitting our hearts together so long ago.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Anniversary

Re: New here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards