Christian Weddings
Options

I'm having an awesome day :)

In the car this morning, I had a complete Mariah Carey concert in which I butchered every song. It was terrible but I actually cracked myself up in the process and I'm pretty sure while sitting at red lights, I cracked up everyone who could see me.

I've completely got everything figured out for this wedding (even though I have like 2+ years lol). I'm the type of person who has to have a game plan for serious things or I go crazy. And this is a serious event.

I had wanted pink and FI completely didn't. The other day he asked me how I felt about peach. So we've compromised with peach. Since we've pushed back the date I'm not worried and stressed about everything anymore. I've decided on everything that matters to me in regards to the wedding and with everything else, I've kinda developed a "whatever" attitude.  I just feel so much better about it all. I know that it's in God's hands and everything is going to be fine.

I also have an unspoken prayer request and I would greatly appreciate any prayers :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm having an awesome day :)

• Options
    Just don't sign anything yet! No contracts, no checks, no nothing! UNLESS you know you have a game plan for savings and can afford everything that you sign up for.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_im-having-an-awesome-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:92798f26-e592-48f3-8654-3b6461edec62Post:fca5a949-54f0-41c0-a311-afeab7c8525b">Re: I'm having an awesome day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just don't sign anything yet! No contracts, no checks, no nothing! UNLESS you know you have a game plan for savings and can afford everything that you sign up for.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

The only thing that we will have a contract on is the chair/table rentals...unless flowers have a contract too.

We are getting married at my parents home on their land. And every other vendor besides the flowers and chairs/tables, are either part of the family or part of the church family.

And my parents are paying for everything except flowers (well they are getting my bouquet but I'm paying for the rest)...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have concerts daily on my way to work ....

I'm super planner too ... People yelled at me for plotting stuff out before I had the ring [except i knew he had it and no i didnt book anything I just got prices ] ... It makes it a lot easier now and I can go days on end without doing a thing for the wedding and it's 130 some days away ...
    Love is All You Need
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_im-having-an-awesome-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:92798f26-e592-48f3-8654-3b6461edec62Post:a3d8b3ad-0958-43a2-88c4-10f17c5c6259">Re: I'm having an awesome day :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm having an awesome day :) : The only thing that we will have a contract on is the chair/table rentals...unless flowers have a contract too. We are getting married at my parents home on their land. And every other vendor besides the flowers and chairs/tables, are either part of the family or part of the church family. And my parents are paying for everything except flowers (well they are getting my bouquet but I'm paying for the rest)...
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

Even if people are doing it as gifts, family, close friend, whatever, you should still have a contract.  It protects both parties.  I know it feels weird, but you definitely need  to do it.
  • Options
    That is awesome!  I love moments like that.  I am a super planner too... We are in the same month together so you'll hear lots about it I'm sure.  I am just glad that I have time to decide because I am sure I'll be like I was with my college major (I changed 6 times) and so I need the extra time to make those back and forth decisions.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards