Christian Weddings
Options

Favorite Wedding Movie?

I am watching my favorite wedding movie.  It is "My Best Friend's Wedding".  I think I like it so much because I sort of relate to growing older and seeing my friends get married all around me.  Sometimes when old boyfriends got married, I wondered if I had made a mistake to let that one go.  But the whole time, I just didn't know what God had planned for me and it was way better than anything else I could have imagined.  

I also absolutely love Rupert Everett's character and always wished I had a best friend like him.  I love in that last scene how he shows up at the wedding just to be there for her and I love his line, "Maybe there won't be marriage, maybe there won't be sex, but, by God, there'll be dancing."

If you haven't seen the movie (it's from the late 90s), you have to rent it.

So, what's your favorite wedding movie?

Re: Favorite Wedding Movie?

• Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love that one!! I pretty much like all of the Julia Roberts' movies though. Father of the Bride is another one of my favorites, I love Martin Short's character!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love wedding movies!  But I think my favorite would have to be........  Wedding Singer or Bride Wars. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love all of them.  :P  My sister LOVES The Wedding Planner (probably because she's like J-Lo's character).  I do love Bride Wars though.  I really don't have a favorite though!!  I remember when I was planning I'd watch movie after movie.  :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    27 Dresses is cute too.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Father of the Bride all the way!!!!
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion!  I love My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding.  It's  the story of my parents (Greek woman marrying WASP guy).  And so many of the Greek jokes are so funny and true!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Runaway Bride :) I also really like Bride Wars, I am such a woman.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_favorite-wedding-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:93c017b3-b3e7-44c7-b274-0311f73fb67fPost:81f38355-2a39-440c-9c70-a5f0e59b6c7c">Re: Favorite Wedding Movie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I absolutely love that one!! I pretty much like all of the Julia Roberts' movies though. Father of the Bride is another one of my favorites, <strong>I love Martin Short's character!</strong>
    Posted by faith415[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>"Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you party pooper..."</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love wedding movies! I am obsessed with 27 Dresses! It's my fave... but they all are good! 
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love 27 Dresses! I also watched this really silly movie on Netflix called Revenge of the Bridesmaids. It was cute, but very predictable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    27 Dresses!!! LOVE it and I can watch it a million times over :)
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in LOVE with The Wedding Planner (Jennifer Lopez, Matthew McConnahey) (sp?).  Love love love it.  I saw 27 dresses a few weeks ago and I'd have to say that's a close second, tied with Father of the Bride!!! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my favorite would be The Wedding Planner! But, I also like all of the other PP stated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Singer all the way. FI came up with the idea to play "Grow Old With You" as the last song at our reception and I wanted to cry. :) So sweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love love love The Wedding Singer.... it was one of my first favorite movies!! lol. 27 dresses is really cute too! LOVE My Big Fat Greek Wedding...and also what i thought was funny was License to Wed (mandy moore and that guy from the office). The Wedding Planner is a great one! 

officially i need to have a wedding-themed movie night! 
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Considering I own almost all of the movies on this list, I believe that a wedding movie marathon might be in order soon!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish we could all get together to watch a few of these movies!  Wouldn't that be fun?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_favorite-wedding-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:93c017b3-b3e7-44c7-b274-0311f73fb67fPost:1e7bd4ba-3bee-45f5-8f69-901a650453b5">Re: Favorite Wedding Movie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding Singer all the way. <strong>FI came up with the idea to play "Grow Old With You" as the last song at our reception and I wanted to cry. :)</strong> So sweet.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

That is so sweet!
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That would be fun, Lisa! Everyone come to Pittsburgh!! Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards