Christian Weddings
Options

Praise - Job and Housing!

Okay -- so DH and I got married 7/16, I moved into his 1 bedroom apartment and started job searching (I'm a music teacher).  I am signing papers TOMORROW for my new elementary music position in the same county as DH's apartment, the county where one day we'll probably send our children to school.  The only dilemma was housing - we couldn't withstand the rent increase at his apartment community for a 2 bedroom, and had trouble finding places to rent in decent neighborhoods where we could afford it AND feel safe. 

Well, today, the 5th time apartment hunting and wasting a lot of gas ... we found 2 possible units to rent, 2 bedrooms, one is a townhouse, the other is part of a duplex, and they're both in good neighborhoods.  The duplex is $100 less a month so by price, it's our first choice, and that allows us to save more $$ to eventually BUY our dream home in this area.  We already have a price point in mind for our dream home and now we just need to start saving up for a downpayment!  

Gushing enough, right?  Well none of this would be possible without God.  I have taught 4 years of middle and high school, and didn't want to look Elementary, but God gave me a peace about taking an elementary music interview and I felt like He was pushing me that direction.  I love the principal (so far) where I'm going to start working this August, and he wants to treat me like a "professional" and "let me do my job."  YAY!  I also wasn't so sure about living in this community, but I waited, and God planted that sign for me just today -- the landlady told me that she literally just put that sign out yesterday evening and was very excited that I called, felt like it was God's blessing for her (and for me!!).  SO -- PRAISE THE LORD!

So many times I've asked for prayers on here- - you ladies are amazing.  Our God DELIVERS.  On His timing .... which drives me a little insane. ... but I'm definitely feeling a sense of relief.  :-)

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Praise - Job and Housing!

• Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So happy that things are going to so well for you! God is good!!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you!  Also, I love your caveat about God's timing driving you insane.  Amen, sistah, I feel the same way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited that everything is going smoothly. I'm sure you will learn to love elementary!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay!! So happy for you :) Can't wait to hear about the precious children and your decision on a house :)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is great!  God is so good!!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your post made me smile!! I'm so glad things are coming together for you! God is so good!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, I'm so happy for you! God is great! Congrats girl!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  Glad to be part of the board where I can gush about such things, too!!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_praise-job-housing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:9bf662e7-d97f-44de-8332-63985d5002f5Post:75a9b903-fd8e-4278-a23c-a067e533f088">Praise - Job and Housing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]   SO -- PRAISE THE LORD! So many times I've asked for prayers on here- - you ladies are amazing.  <strong>Our God DELIVERS.  On His timing .... which drives me a little insane. ... but I'm definitely feeling a sense of relief.  :-)</strong>
    Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

Amen!! So glad it's all working out for y'all

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so happy for you, Kelly!! This post made my morning. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards