Washington-Seattle
Options

Anniversary Ideas

Hi everyone! It's been a really long time since I've been on. I recognize braveangel and tygirl :) Hope all is going well with weddings that have happened and are still being planned.

So, we're coming up on a year, wahoo!, and need anniversary ideas. We were going to try and go back to Hawaii where we spent our HM, but that was totally unrealistic financially.

So, I think we're going to go out in Seattle. None of the theater looksvery interesting. Did anyone see On the Town? Teatro Zin.. is a little pricey.

Any creative, cute, romantic ideas for us? Thanks ladies!

Re: Anniversary Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011

i remember you.. i might have been lurking during your time though hahaha. but your wedding was beautiful!

you should totally do bpics! with jennygg!

I've heard teatro zinzanni is amazing!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Shortnug!!! :)  It's always fun to see old knotties pop on!  Hooray on the upcoming 1 year anniversary!  The only thing I can think of is maybe a dinner cruise on Argosy?  They have regular or a murder-mystery type dinner.  I haven't done a dinner cruise, but I have done a lunch type cruise for a work function and I can say the food was pretty good IMO. 

If you want to do a sort of mini-getaway, I suggest going to Orcas Island if the weather is nice.  FI and I went there for our 3rd (dating) anniversary a few years ago and stayed at the Outlook Inn in Eastsound and had dinner at The Inn at Ships Bay.  We also went up to Mt Constitution which has GOREGOUS views of the sound and other island (see main pic in bio) - again, if the weather's nice.  There are of course other places to stay at and eat, but that's what we did.  It can be a bit pricey when you add it all up though (ferry ride, hotel, dinner) - and if you do go during warmer months, I STRONGLY suggest bringing bug spray for mosquitos especially if you'll be dining outside in the evening.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Teatro Zinzanni is very fun.  Jazz Alley is great too and not as expensive.  I would suggest incorpoarting something from your wedding, whether its Hawaii or your wedding cake.  Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dinner at the Space Needle is romantic.   The food is much better than it used to be!

We just went to Teatro ZinZanni Saturday night.  It is always super fun and the food is amazing, but one thing to keep in mind is all that is included in your ticket price is dinner and the show.  You will still need to pay a $10/person 'dining room fee' and for all your beverages (we did the wine flight, which was $34/person) plus tax and gratuity on beverages, so we spend over $100 (plus tickets).  I'm not sure if that will help you decide or not.  Your are there for four or five hours.  If you don't drink it might not be too bad, but if you do the bar drinks will add up really fast!

Oh, we stayed in LaConner last summer at the LaConner Channel Lodge.  The room was right on the water and not too expensive.  It's such a quaint little town that even though we weren't too far from home, it was far enough and different enough from regular life that it still seemed like we got away, but didn't have too far to drive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi shortnug!!! We did TZ, but yeah - it can be pricey if you do a hotel, travel etc. although dinner and a show is about the same. 

I just saw some tickets on Groupon for Out on the Town - maybe watch that website for another deal that you could work with?

The Melting Pot is also cool, but can get up there too. I checked the Seattle calendar, and found this:

http://www.cityofseattle.net/html/visitor/weekend.htm#/?i=2 - chocolate tour, LOLcats, they have a lot of stuff on there. Looks like it's going to be following earth day/earth week, so I imiagine there will be a lot of dirty hippie vegan stuff going on. :)

And I have this to say about your wedding date:

Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date.
    Cheryl "Rhode Island": That's a tough one. I would have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shortnug! Holy crap, I can't believe it's almost a year for you!

El Gaucho? Pricey, too, of course...but cheaper than Hawaii. =)
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    El Gaucho also has an Inn too, if you're flying in and staying in the city and need a place to stay.

Or, also a probably 'cheaper than Hawaii' but still kind of pricey romantic option: Willows Lodge + dinner at the Herbfarm or Barking Lodge. Every once in a while, they have these really great package deals for dinner and a luxury room: http://www.willowslodge.com/guestrooms/packages.html

I also second the murder mytery cruise idea. It sounds like so much fun if you get into the whole thing. :)
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all of the ideas! I wrote everything down and will look into them. DH's good friend decided to have his bach party in Jamaica so put the kabosh (sp?) on our HI trip. Damn him! LOL. Seriously though I think he confused bach party w/ honeymoon!

I'll try to come back more because I always enjoyed the knot. I just get creeped out by wedding planning still :) I haven't watched one single wedding show since we got married, can you believe it? I was obsessed before. hee hee

Melissa, I can't wait to look at your pics I always wondered how your wedding turned out.

Hi again to everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely do hop on more often!  I know we always appreciate input from OMHs. :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MerryfjMerryfj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leavenworth might still be fun this time of year if you can find some snow.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_anniversary-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:6707a1d7-4284-4f6a-8d86-5c333fa9064bPost:510abf17-5e1e-443b-9208-85837d7a6614">Re: Anniversary Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Melissa, I can't wait to look at your pics I always wondered how your wedding turned out. Hi again to everyone!
    Posted by shortnug[/QUOTE]

Here's some pics! <a href="http://vimeo.com/9604848" rel="nofollow">http://vimeo.com/9604848</a>

I totally feel you on the wedding shows. I thought I would be the sort to miss planning, but I am SO happy it's over. I am estatic to be a guest from now on and enjoy the fruits of the bride's labor! Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards