Christian Weddings

Ceremony Music, Prayer Request

What's everyone doing for your ceremony music?  We've decided on "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" for the bridal party entrance, and the typical Wedding Chorus (Here Comes the Bride) and typical recessional song (I don't even know what it's called).  I would like to have a nice hymn or something for a prelude, but I'm not sure what.  Any ideas?

On a separate issue, I feel like I'm not worthy of asking for prayers on here because I'm not on this board much and so I haven't really been praying for anyone else... but, my mom has a test tomorrow to see whether her chemotherapy for cancer has actually been helping or not.  She's been through a lot, especially since my dad died of cancer last month Cry  So please pray that she gets good news tomorrow!  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Music, Prayer Request

• edited December 2011
    Please don't feel like you're unworthy of prayer! We want to pray for you, and the more prayers, the better! You can ALWAYS come to this board and request prayer. I will absolutely pray for your mom and your family. I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. If you need to talk, pray, anything, know that you can come here and we will all listen and help in any way we can. 

As for the music question, I don't know much about hymns for weddings, as we are not having any hymns sung in our ceremony. I'm sure other girls will jump in with suggestions. I know some contemporary Christian songs that you might like if you decide to go that route. 
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what AshNoel said! We would LOVE to pray for you. And feel free to post more. We love new people. :)

About the music, I haven't thought about it. FI and I talked about it a little bit this weekend and he wants as traditional as possible without going completely traditional. His words, not mine. We have some time to figure it out, though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ditto both pp's.  We love when anyone shares prayer requests and are able to pray for our sisters in Christ and their needs.  I'm so sorry that you're dealing with the recent passing of your father, and now the stress with your mom.  I'm praying for peace for both of you and wisdom for the doctors.

As for your wedding music, we're doing a Congregational Hymn with The Doxology right after the processional before the, "You may be seated."  You can probably look around iTunes for some classical Hymns albums to see if there is anything that "fits" what you had thought about for the prelude. 

Know that you are welcome here anytime, hanson.  :)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't matter how much you posted on here.  Anyone who wants to be a part of the community is a part of the community!  We'll pray for your mom that she is okay.  Take care!

P.S. An organist is playing Rigaudon during my wedding entrance... I don't know what he's doing for the rest.  He told me he'd do something nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP don't feel bad about asking for prayer. We are here for ya :) I will pray for your Mom.
  • edited December 2011
    i will be praying for your mom and your family. again... always feel welcome to post here. that is what we are here for. 

we are having a hammered dulcimer as our ceremony music. a song we are using for the prelude is Phil wickham's "your beautiful" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg4cYdP1ngw

and also "be thou my vision" for taking communion. 

• hanson2Bhanson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the prayers!  I'm already beginning to feel this board is my "safe place"  :-)

Thanks also for the music suggestions.  I like the diverse responses!  I especially like both of amongthelilies' choices.  I don't think I've heard "You're Beautiful" before, but it is a beautiful song!  I bet my fiance knows it (he's a lot more into contemporary Christian music than I am).  I also love "Be Thou My Vision" -- it just didn't pop into my head until I was reminded of it!  Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards