Christian Weddings
Options

I'm back with some photos :) PIP

HELLO!!!! :) I've missed everybody!!!! Here's a bit of my wedding recap along with a little bit of advice, sorry if its jumbled, I'm excited to post even though I am exhausted from our stinky flight situation today so I might not be making much sense :)

I was not nervous at all. It was so weird - I was totally calm and composed up until about 30 min beforehand when I started feeling a bit nervous, but once I saw my groom I was a lot better :) I was still pretty nervous the whole ceremony though. Look at your groom. I saw his face when he saw me and it was priceless. I will always remember how he looked as I was coming down the aisle. I didn't look at anybody else. I can't wait to get pictures of that from my photographer.

I hopped into the car with my girls  - we took an antique Rolls Royce down to the venue. One of the girls is missing from this shot because she was the phone taking the photo :)

Once we arrived we were swept away for hiding out in the bridal suite and taking photos with the photographer.

Got a little more primped while I waited :)

My Momma and I :)

Then there was the ceremony :) Got a few sneak peeks from some friends pictures.  One of us singing the hymn we chose, "Be Thou My Vision"

We got 5 min alone after the ceremony. If you can do that.... DO IT. We both cried and hugged and kissed the whole time. Its VERY emotional and chances are you will need a minute to get your head on straight... you're MARRIED! It was perfect.

Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour, it was the highlight for sure. We got to see some people after our photos which was nice, and we even had a brief moment to enjoy cocktail hour food :)

We were introduced and then we had our first dance at our reception. The reception was a a whirlwind of dancing, laughing, drinking, DH and I were hoisted into the air several times, and there was lots and lots of dancing. We had SO much fun, I had to take my shoes off.

Our first dance:

Closeup from a guest who we saw at a table near us :)

Cake cutting (we were nice to each other, haha :)

The Father Daughter dance:

Getting down:

We had 3 no shows, the DJ never did our anniversary dance, and there was about 5 people I didn't get to connect with, but besides that the evening went off without any problems. I just rolled with it and I barely dealt with any "organizational" things.

One word of advice: teeny tiny details that feel like a big deal: let them go. You won't notice what color ribbons ended up on the bird cage for your cards, you won't care if your flowers were baby pink instead of rosy pink.... etc. You will not notice small details, you will only notice faces, people, food, and your groom. Enjoy your day, and de-stress before the big day. I wasn't stressed and it definitely helped me have a great time at my wedding. I wish I could go back and do the day all over again. :)

Re: I'm back with some photos :) PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    and the honeymoon of course!!!

We stayed for 6 days in Bermuda. It was r&r all the way, and we couldn't stand the thought of coming home. It was a perfect way to top off 14 months of engagement craziness :)
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!  I love your dress!  Where did you get it from?  That's  great you only had three no-shows.  At my wedding it was seven.  Congratulations!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look so happy & relaxed. You made a radiant bride and am so happy the day went so well! I am going to steal your advice about taking a 5 minute break with the new hubby!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_im-back-photos-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:9f46b54c-2556-4405-ab2f-f74e547132e9Post:be156700-303f-4571-b831-12a512a33710">Re: I'm back with some photos :) PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing!  I love your dress!  Where did you get it from?  That's  great you only had three no-shows.  At my wedding it was seven.  Congratulations!  
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! It's from Davids Bridal - from the Oleg Cassini collection.

Sportychick - that was definitely needed for us, I think you'll love having that little break in between!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh also - I noticed the pics aren't blowing up big because I copied and pasted from my month board. Here's the link to the other thread in case you wanted to see anything bigger - I'm also friends with a bunch of you on facebook so I'm sure you can see more there!

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2011-weddings_im-back-new-last-name-pip-heavy
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats again!  You looked beautiful and so happy (of course!).  I'm glad you enjoyed the honeymoon too.  Welcome back!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!  You looked so gorgeous!  I hope my wedding turns out as fun as yours, haha.  Everyone gives me that advice to take 5 minutes with the groom alone, I am totally gonna do that!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Joy, you looked beautiful! Absolutely stunning. Did it end up raining at all? It looks like your day was perfect. How does it feel to be Matt's wife? I can't wait to talk more about it and see all the pictures! I have been waiting for you to come back because I was dying to see/hear how it went! I am so happy for you both. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh you look sooooo beautiful!!! (: (: i am sooo glad it was soo amazing! thanks for all the advice! (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely stunningly gorgeous!!  I'm glad you didn't stress and your HM rocked!!  Congratulations again, girly!!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm glad you're back!! Your wedding looks like it was absolutely gorgeous. And you looked beautiful! So glad you got home after the crazy day of flying. :)

By the way, totally planning on taking that 5 minutes you suggested.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love the idea to take sometime for each other...thanks for the advice!!!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous photos, Joy. You look stunning! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards