Christian Weddings

XP: Update on the puppy!

I wrote on the prayers request thread that my lab puppy Tory had TPO surgery on one of her hip joints this week. The surgery went great yesterday, and I was able to pick her up this afternoon. It brought tears to my eyes how happy she was to see me. :) She is doing very well but it is hard to help her walk because I have to use a little sheet sling around her tummy to be sure she doesn't slip. The good thing is she is putting weight on the hip/leg already, so that is good. The struggle will just be to keep her quiet and resting a lot. She just loves to explore our apt. So I am praying that she stays a little mellow and helps me help her! ;) Thankfully FI is coming home for a week tomorrow so I will have much more help taking care of her. Here she is:

(Sorry for the blurriness from my camera phone):

AND my Aunt had her baby today so I have a new baby cousin! :) Meet baby Caio(pronounced Kai-Oh):

I can't wait to visit him, hopefully tomorrow. :)

Ok, I'm done being an AW. But God is good for helping little Tory get through surgery so well. :) And I feel so blessed to have a healthy baby cousin to go visit and cuddle. :)

Re: XP: Update on the puppy!

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad your puppy is doing well!  And congrats on your new cousin!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awwww poor little puppy. Glad it went well! And congrats on the baby! Caio is a gorgeous name. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! :) I'm so excited to visit the baby. I haven't had a baby in my family in like 15 years. :)
  • edited December 2011
    okay..first....what is XP? lol

also...glad to hear that your puppy is doing better. continued prayers for Tory!

and SUUCHH a cute new baby cousin! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-update-puppy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a02563a9-9fc8-4418-883a-2e33bdb75e0aPost:0d47147b-cca3-4c3d-8094-50070696adf4">Re: XP: Update on the puppy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]okay..first....what is XP? lol also...glad to hear that your puppy is doing better. continued prayers for Tory! and SUUCHH a cute new baby cousin! 
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) XP means cross-posted. I frequent a few boards so I cross posted my update. :)
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poor puppy!  My friend's dog absolutely HATED the cone, and refused to walk upstairs when she had it on.  It was pretty funny.  Glad your puppy is recovering well!!  And congrats on the new cousin!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww yay! I am so glad to hear the surgery went well and so far everything is going well!  At home care is so important and I know you will do awesome.

And once she feels better if she is hard to keep quiet PM and I have a suggestion or 2.

And your cousin is adorable! congrats
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • edited December 2011
    aww BABY! so cute. and the cone of shame!!! LOL. Aww I am glad your puppy is better and I cannot help but love them to death ESPECIALLY when they wear the cone of shame
  • edited December 2011
    Yes!!  Yay for a happy puppy and a healthy new baby!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards