Christian Weddings
Options

So relieved - praise report AND a question

You guys take a second to praise God because I booked a venue today!

See, we were in the process of booking another venue (the only half-decent one we could find in my hometown, as per my parents insistence) and they canceled on us with only four months to go before our wedding date. We thought we were going to have to settle for much less than what we wanted, and the stress was really getting to me. But today, we found this awesome spot: http://www.hiddenacrescabin.com/Pavilion.html

I finally get to destress and act like a normal person again!

Anyway, this venue comes with a question for you guys... The ceremony would be held in front of the pond (reception at the cabin/courtyard thingy). FI and I really really REALLY want that moment where I come out and he sees me for the very first time walking down the aisle, but this venue is basically in the middle of a huge field. The cabin sits off to the narrow side of the pond and there is no room to have the ceremony over there, or else I would just walk out the door of the cabin. I could do it anyway, but then I would be too far off from FI for him to get a good first look, and plus I would have to walk a long distance just to get to the aisle. Do you guys think I could just rent a small tent and put it at the end of the aisle and I could just walk out of that? Or would that look bad to just have a tent sitting at the end of the aisle?

This is what the aisle will look like:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So relieved - praise report AND a question

• Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had an outdoor wedding near a pond under a big tree that was in a field, and yes, she had rented a small tent for "staging" purposes.  They had seen each other before to take all of their pictures, but without the tent they would have to walk a loooooong time and it would have been rather undramatic!  A tent is a great idea!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!  It looks beautiful.  God provides!

I don't know if this might be another option but if the guys were all facing the officiant until you actually started up the aisle, he would not see you approaching.  Here is a picture of what I mean with the arrows by the guys showing the direction they are facing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that place is beautiful!  What an answer to the venue problem!  

I've been to 1 wedding where the groom was told to face the officiant until the officiant signaled him to finally turn around.  Don't know if this is something you would want to do, but it would save the extra expense of the tent.  

I DO like Twix's notion of the tent being a good place to stage and not have the bridal party walk quite as far once they are ready, if that makes any difference.  I've been a BM where we had to get ready and then walk like 10 minutes to the ceremony spot, it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world, but I also could have chosen better shoes! :-)

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great that you found a new place!  What a relief.

Honestly I think the tent sounds weird.  I feel like it would look strange in the field, and is one more thing to rent/setup/pay for/etc.  I like joesgurl's suggestion of having the officiant face either to the side where you walk up the side like she suggested, or facing the officiant until you get to the end of the aisle.
  • Options
    SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's beautiful. I'm also having my ceremony outdoors by a lake.

I don't like the tent idea. I think that it would look very out of place. I think your best bet is to have your FI face the officiant. I don't think it will look strange.

Question: have you considered a first look? I'm planning to do this in hopes that I will still have the exciting experience of my FI seeing me for the first time in my dress but it will be more private. I know many people are very against this; but it could be an option for you since that moment is special for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, congrats! It looks like a gorgeous place! I don't think the tent idea would be awful, but I do like the idea of the groom turning around until you start up the aisle. Those do seem to be the only 2 options though. 

GL! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards