Christian Weddings

Weekend Plans?

It's almost Friday, girls!!

Friday: I'm skipping school. Bad, I know. BUT I AM. :D FI and I will probably watch a movie and relax.

Saturday: Toe surgery. For the 4th time. BE CAREFUL OF WHERE YOU GET YOUR PEDICURES, girls!! :( Ice cream will follow the out patient surgery thanks to FI. I will feel icky this day so I plan on letting FI take care of me and watching TV.

Sunday: Breaking out the Halloween decorations after church!!

What about you?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Weekend Plans?

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm afraid to get pedicures for that reason.  Hope everything goes well!

My mom is having surgery on 10/14 so we are going Saturday morning to Let's Dish to make some meals for her & dad to have in the freezer so that she won't have to cook at all after her surgery.

DH offered to take me to Lion King - yeah!  I don't know when we'll do that.  Otherwise I hope it is a lazy weekend!
  • yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My weekend plans include going to work with FI on saturday morning, and probably watching a lot of movies the rest of the weekend.  FI has had a very long work week this week and is exhausted (he just texted me saying he was going to bed at 8:30).  So I'm thinking a low key weekend is what he needs.
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're going to the lake tomorrow and possibly Saturday for one last "summer" hurrah.

DH bought a new Play Station after fighting with the repair company for months and giving up on the old one, so we'll probably play Guitar Hero or something. We've missed it. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    @faithcaitlin, what happened to your toe with the pedicure??

I don't have an exciting weekend. Working a lot which will be nice to get some extra money

Friday night: working football game

Saturday: working all day cheer competition, hopefully going over FI's afterwards to chill

Sunday: working at my part time job and trying to get up with one of my bridesmaids for dinner

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also want to know the toe story if you feel like sharing, FaithCaitlin.

No big plans this weekend. It's my last weekend home for the next three weeks, so H took Saturday off (yay!!) and I know he wants to make some GF pizza. Other than that, I think we're just going to lounge around and enjoy spending some much needed time together. Church on Sunday. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tomorrow is my last day of work before my glorious 3 week vacation for the wedding/HM!

We are going to be taking our little Furbaby Milo from his current owner for the weekend so he can get used to us... and hopefully know who we are when we pick him up after the HM.

My weekend plans are to RELAX. Cause this week coming up I have A LOT to do... laundry, ironing, packing for the HM, meeting with the photog, going to the florist, hanging with my BM coming in from Fl, rehearsal and RD... and GET MARRIED one week from Sat!!!

PS I've had a sore throat now for a couple days... please pray I'm at 100% ASAP cause that would stink to feel icky for the wedding etc. TIA!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Toe story: it all started in 2009 when I went to get a pedicure for my cousin's wedding. The girl who was cutting my toe nails apparently cut my nail incorrectly and my nail started to grow into the side of my toenail.. basically an ingrown toenail but it got to be really painful.

It hurt like heck when I was at the wedding and for the next 2 months until I went to get it looked at. My toe would hurt even if the bed sheets ran into it!!! So, I had a basic ingrown toenail removal at the podiatrist.

Weeellll, he left a piece of the nail in my toe and for a week I cried, hobbled around, felt like my toe was on fire, etc. Went to a new podiatrist, same thing happened. 

This summer I finally found an amazing podiatrist. I am going in tomorrow as my toenail is super infected. My toe is HUGE. The podiatrist said she has no idea why I keep getting these but apparently, they're chronic. So, tomorrow I go in to get the ingrown toenail surgery-- painful but I always feel better when it's over. Then, in 2 weeks I'm going back to have her remove a sliver of my toenail forever in hopes that I don't get these anymore. I'll be on antibiotics for the infection and we're hoping the surgery will help the permanent infection to go away.

So, it's not a serious surgery but your toe really starts to hurt after 2 years of having nail growing into your toe!! I'm sad to see a part of my nail go but I'm so happy to hopefully have this stop!

Basically, pedicures are evil and germy. lol. 

Whew. That was a novel. Sorry!! Have a great weekend ladies!

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    wow, Faith, thats some story! hope this surgery goes well. will be praying for you

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    DH and I flew back to my hometown yesterday for my brother's wedding tomorrow.

We're running a few errands today, hanging out with my BFF since preschool and her husband & kids, HUGE family dinner tonight since they're not having a rehearsal, Wedding tomorrow afternoon, heading up to our college town tomorrow night to spend time with SIL & her family and some of DH's college friends who are still in town, then going to my home church Sunday morning, lunch with the family, and then back to Kansas.  And then we're leaving for California on Wednesday for our denomination's convention.  

We're officially in Crazy Town.
  • edited December 2011
    Holy crap, Faith!  You're making me reconsider getting a mani-pedi before my wedding!  I might just get the mani and do the pedi myself, lol.

I'm on call at work this weekend, so I can't do too terribly much.  But I am gonna try to get some wedding checks done!

Tonight:  I am going to TRY to finish everything that I can that from my September wedding checklist (yes I know it's the last day of September, lol) and create my checklist for October.  I might be able to do things like day-of timeline, e-mailing the DOC, ordering the RD invites, etc. from home.

Tomorrow:  I will likely be decorating my cupcake tower so I can take it to the baker on Sunday, then I'll probably relax around the house the rest of the day.

Sunday:  Church, then quick meeting with the baker to hand over the cupcake tower and decorative baking cups.  After that FI and I will go home to grab something to eat.  I will be going to my mom's house for a hair and MU trial (she's my hair and MU artist) and I'm not sure if FI is coming with me or staying home.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Faith I'm so sorry that happened to you! I get a monthly pedicure and that just gave me the chills!

I will make a suggestion to the ladies that don't normally go for a pedicure, but plan to for their wedding. I stay away from the "nail salons" that are usually lower priced and not as nice and usually go to a "nail spa". They're usually much nicer inside, pamper you more, are much cleaner, and have more professional technicians. It's worth the extra few bucks.. where as I spend $25-$35 for a pedicure instead of $20-$25.

No plans really this weekend. DH is helping his friend move, so I'll probably just go to the gym and clean the house. I thought we were going out with another couple this weekend, but DH told me that our plans are for next weekend :-P
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_weekend-plans-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a5eb4fee-f1b9-4202-bb33-d459dd7d80f8Post:526888cf-511f-4d7b-b87c-ff684309519d">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow Faith I'm so sorry that happened to you! I get a monthly pedicure and that just gave me the chills! I will make a suggestion to the ladies that don't normally go for a pedicure, but plan to for their wedding. <strong>I stay away from the "nail salons" that are usually lower priced and not as nice and usually go to a "nail spa". </strong>They're usually much nicer inside, pamper you more, are much cleaner, and have more professional technicians. It's worth the extra few bucks.. where as I spend $25-$35 for a pedicure instead of $20-$25. No plans really this weekend. DH is helping his friend move, so I'll probably just go to the gym and clean the house. I thought we were going out with another couple this weekend, but DH told me that our plans are for next weekend :-P
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]
    Yes yes yes!! Before this whole ordeal, I went to a nicer nail spa because I've heard horror stories about fungus, etc. <div>
    </div><div>The "salon" that I went to was a cheap-o, Asian place that I only went to because that's where my cousin/the bride was getting her nails done and we figured we'd all be together. </div>

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_weekend-plans-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a5eb4fee-f1b9-4202-bb33-d459dd7d80f8Post:526888cf-511f-4d7b-b87c-ff684309519d">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow Faith I'm so sorry that happened to you! I get a monthly pedicure and that just gave me the chills! I will make a suggestion to the ladies that don't normally go for a pedicure, but plan to for their wedding.<strong> I stay away from the "nail salons" that are usually lower priced and not as nice and usually go to a "nail spa".</strong> They're usually much nicer inside, pamper you more, are much cleaner, and have more professional technicians. It's worth the extra few bucks.. where as I spend $25-$35 for a pedicure instead of $20-$25. No plans really this weekend. DH is helping his friend move, so I'll probably just go to the gym and clean the house. I thought we were going out with another couple this weekend, but DH told me that our plans are for next weekend :-P
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]
    This is <em>exactly</em> what I was thinking of doing - taking my mom the day before the wedidng and getting a spa mani-pedi.  So thanks, that is what I will do then.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    FaithCaitlin, that's crazy.  Hope the surgery goes well!! Hate to hear things like that.  I'm actually an Esthetician/Nail Tech and a Medical Spa and I've heard lots of horror stories about other places here, but it's definitely worth to pay a little more for a pedicure that won't end up causing any harm to you.  We're very strict here on how we do services and on cleanliness.  A lot of salons just don't care... it's really sad. 

As for my weekend, FI and I are going to be hanging out.  Not really sure what we're going to do.  I'll probably help him with moving into his house.  Also, the Arora Borealis has been out the last couple of nights so we plan on camping out  and seeing if we can see it.  So that's pretty much it lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is on his way up to spend the weekend with me! I can't wait! We don't have anything planned though, just a lazy weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, I went with my mom to get manis and pedis at a nice nail salon before my wedding too. 

My weekend- relaxing tonight. Tomorrow I teach dance, then my band has a show, then celebrating my brother's 18th birthday.

Sunday is church and then watching the Steeler game, relaxing, maybe cleaning. 
  • ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm OOT for a baby shower.  I've never been to a baby shower before (most couples I know have only been married a few years, and in all cases at least one person in the marriage is still in school or just graduated this spring).  I'm staying with a family friend who lives down the street from where the shower will be.  We decided that most likely I will be fed, but neither of us really knows about these things.

Saturday evening we're planning on going out to dinner and seeing Money Bank.

I'm not sure when I'll head back home on Sunday, but DH said he'll have a surprise for me.  He won't tell me, but it's not mac and cheese.  It's hard to beat mac and cheese, so I'm pretty curious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am working today and doing homework with church tonight.
    But tomorrow I get to go to church again!  YAYAY!  I haven't been in two months due to work but I am so excited to get to go back :D  Then I am doing more homework.  Boo
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards