Christian Weddings

K-Love Cruise

Do any of you know anything about the K-Love Cruise? For those of you who don't have K-Love where you live, it's an awesome Christian radio station (it's in a lot of cities now) and they have a cruise every year with tons of Christian bands on board. They just started advertising for next year's K-Love cruise (it's in February of 2012). I really want to go, BUT I am wondering how much it costs (I'm guessing it is expensive) and also it's in the middle of the week in February so FI (who will be HUSBAND by then, yay!) and I would have to take 5 personal days in a row and miss a week of work (which we don't like to do). It's sails from Miami and goes to the Bahamas. Chris Tomlin and a bunch of other bands will be on it. I definitely want to go SOME year, even if it's not 2012. 

So my question is... Are any of you going or have any of you ever been on one?

Re: K-Love Cruise

• edited December 2011
    I would love to go, but no way could i afford it on my college student budget!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    We have the "Music Boat" where I'm at from Way FM. It is sailing in November. I haven't been, but I'd like to sometime. I think it is more expensive than regular cruises, which is cruddy. FH and I want to go on a cruise sometime but only on a deal. He's finicky with money and is always looking for deals and almost always wins out. I swear, he never pays full price for ANYTHING. I guess that means I'm in luck for our future! I really want to go on a Disney cruise though...! He says too many kids there, which could very well be the case.
  • I didn't know they did that so I haven't been on it.  :P  But it sounds great!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have talked about it in the past and I don't remember it to be that much more than normal cruises, but I couldn't remember so I created a login and checked the prices.

The cheapest are inside cabins for $999 each person and the most expensive look like balcony for $1699 each.  The price for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th persons is $499.  It says there are port charges of $295 per person too.  I guess this is pretty expensive for a 4-day cruise!

We go to Kingdom Bound (a 4 day music festival) each summer so we would be much more likely to do that since we can do it for about 1/2 the price.  
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I really want to go on a k-love cruise.  We probably will next summer or for spring break of next year (I'm a teacher). 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly - they only do it once a year.  Do you mean you want to do a cruise in general?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! It would definitely be hard to afford that 7 months after the wedding. Sounds like so much fun though! 

rachel- My good friend and bridesmaid is performing on a Disney cruise right now! She was a musical theater major in college and she is awesome! 
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, what I meant is that sometime next year when k-love does their cruise, we want to go.  Sorry! 

ETA: Looks like I missed Ash's listing of February 2012.  Maybe we can make that work... otherwise we may just wait until 2013.  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that IS expensive. The cruise DH and I did for our honeymoon was nowhere near that much! I think I'll save my money and just buy lots of CDs instead. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    az- good call
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards