Christian Weddings

interesting question from a co-worker...

today a co-worker (who is at least 10 years older than me...maybe even 15) asked me when I realized I was in love with my fiance.  nobody, except my fiance, has ever asked me this question.  i thought about it and said "about 3 months into our relationship. we spent literally every day, all day together because we were in the same program at college". 
i can't pinpoint the moment i realized i loved him, but i do remember thinking that i could spend the rest of my life with him and be completly happy:)

so, when did you realize you were in love with your man?

Re: interesting question from a co-worker...

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    I was in love with Fletcher before we were technically in a relationship.  We met in August 2008, started spending more time together in November, and he told me he liked me on December 2nd.  We decided to wait until after Christmas break to make it "official" (facebook, tell people we were dating, etc).  

We went to our respective hometowns for Christmas break planning to IM and call each other over the break.  I had to get up at 6am to go to work.  On December 18th, at 6:04am, he called just to say good morning.  And this is the guy who will still sleep until noon if an alarm isn't set.  That was the first time I thought, "I love him."  I don't know why THAT was the moment, but it just was.
  • I fell pretty fast. Maybe 3-4 weeks. I don't think I realized the true depth of my love for him though until about a year in when we hit a major "bump".

• I fell for him the first night I met him ... just like crush like oh he's cute and he intrests me sooo much...

I really knew he was it right after we started dating which was a few months later...The I love yous came a few months into it and that was it ...
    Love is All You Need
  • A few months.  We started dating in the summer and I thought it would be a summer "fling" which would end when I went to school in the fall.  But I started school and after a few weeks away from him (he stayed away so I could acclimatize to school/get involved with my peers) I realized I really wanted to hang out with him and talk and be together!
  • FI and I met at church. I was dating someone at the time so I declined the offer to be introduced to him. We were in revival and my crappy BF at the time refused to attend church with me so I was there with my parents. I'm not going to lie, I "glanced" at him a lot and didn't pay attention at all during the services that week. But you know what? Everytime I glanced up at him, he was staring at me.

We became friends on FB (goofy, huh? lol) and about 2 weeks after my relationship with the moron ended FI and I started talking on FB. I messaged him telling him he should come back to the church I attended sometime. He then invited me to go to church with him the following Sunday. We spent everyday together that week and we don't even live close to each other. Like 35 minutes so he put some effort into seeing me :)

I knew our first or second date. I just knew. But I have always been the one to "love" everybody so I prayed about it. I told God that if he told me that he knew from the moment he saw me, then I would know and just to give me a sign (since apparently this wasn't good enough for me). I asked God this because that's what  my dad told my mom on their first date.

A week or two of us seeing each other, my mother and I were talking and she told me that she had been praying for me to find a good man that was a little bit older than me to come into my life and be a good husband. I cried after hearing this too. I'm a cry baby lol.

So after we had been dating awhile we got to talking about it. And he told me. He said that when we were sitting in church that day (and he was staring at me) that God told him to marry me. Kinda like Hosea....except I'm not a prostitute...I cried my eyes out because then I knew without a shadow of doubt that he was the one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our start is a little weird.  FI was actually married when I met him.  (I'm not a mistress I promise)  I tried staying away from because I knew that I had absolutely no chance with him and so I didn't want to fall any farther for him.  About 2 months later his wife left him for the 3rd time in 2 years (they have a baby together that's why they got married) and he said I'm done.  I saw my chance and snatched it!  1 month later we were dating and we have been together since.  FI told me he used to lay awake at night watching me sleep when I would spend the night and whisper in my ear that has no hearing that he loved me because he was too afraid that I didn't feel the same.  I laughed when he told me that because I had known without knowing for awhile that I was crazy madly in love with him.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I knew I was in love when DH went to visit his sister for a couple of weeks early on in our relationship. He wrote me letters, and when I read them I knew that I wanted to marry him.  I even practiced writing my name with his!
  • He had me at 'Hello', Literally... He also wrote me little poems, which had me sold pretty much right away, haha.
    Anniversary
  • Oh and a side note... Since I technically kinda pursued him first... I found out months later [ his mom told me ] That after his last awful relationship and failed attempts on the interenet that if God wanted him to find someone that SHE was gonna be the one to make the first move ..... So God took him at his word and I found him .... ;p
    Love is All You Need
  • Ryan and I have discussed this. I think we both said we felt we fell in love at about two months. However, when I look back and try to pinpoint the moment it happened I get an event much earlier, like in the first two weeks. We were on the phone and he said he had to go to the bathroom and set the phone down. As he left the room, I heard him just singing away to himself. And I felt my heart swell with joy, because I totally incessantly sing and I could just tell this was the guy for me. Still, I'm not sure I fell in deep, total for sure love until around two months.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Our relationship had a rough start... I was diagnosed 3 days  after our first date, and yet after telling my now FI he still wanted to pursue our relationship. I remember laying in his bathroom, on the floor, after puking for most of the day following a chemo treatment. He came in with a blanket and pillow and curled up with me on the floor saying he would rather hold me and protect me the best he can there then sleep in his bed that night. That's when I knew...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards