Christian Weddings

Starting C25K...

...on Monday!

I'm also going to be keeping a blog about it.
seesrun.tumblr.com
:)
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: Starting C25K...

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've sort of been doing that and Drama Geek is too.  I'm up to 2.25 miles and planning to run a 5k on Thanksgiving day.  I may also try to run in one next weekend for my college's homecoming but I don't think I'll be able to run the whole thing.

Have you been a runner in the past?  Do you have a race (5k) that you are working toward?

Good luck!  Looking forward to following your blog.  
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck Sarah! My only advice is to run outside as much as you can. I trained for a 5k on a treadmill because it was too cold outside and it was completely different doing it outside.
    imageAnniversary
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_starting-c25k?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a9fe03ed-e21b-43a2-a1ff-11d25f764c3dPost:726d4bdf-c4b7-4d44-a18a-3bd9db4528f3">Re: Starting C25K...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you been a runner in the past?  Do you have a race (5k) that you are working toward? Good luck!  Looking forward to following your blog.  
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

I've never been a runner. I've been to sick too run in the past. But now that my lung capacity is way up there where it should be, the doctor told me that I should start exercising. I've always wanted to run and I've never really been able to. :)

I don't have a race in mind. I need to get a feel for the program and how long it is going to take me. I have a feeling I'm going to be repeating some weeks...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good for you! A friend of mine just did the program and LOVED it. I know for her the motivation of knowing when her 5k is really helped. She's looking fantastic! Good luck! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • edited December 2011
    I tried this with FI, and I absolutely could not keep up.  I simply couldn't breathe after about the third week.  Maybe I should get that checked out?  Lol.  I'm hoping that you'll have better luck that me!  I'll be checking out your blog.  :)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_starting-c25k?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a9fe03ed-e21b-43a2-a1ff-11d25f764c3dPost:6d4ae4e0-8962-4e65-b289-6cec6ed46059">Re: Starting C25K...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried this with FI, and I absolutely could not keep up.  I simply couldn't breathe after about the third week.  Maybe I should get that checked out?  Lol.  I'm hoping that you'll have better luck that me!  I'll be checking out your blog.  :)
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

That's my fear. I'm going to keep repeating weeks until I can get it under control. My body isn't used to running...at all!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011
    good luck! you can do it!

Are you doing it with other people?  That is a big recommendation I have.  Other people will keep you motivated when you don't want to be. 

And I would also try and find a race to do, its also a good motivator.  Pay the entry dues and you start thinking "well I don't want to waste that money"

I am rooting for you!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely find a marathon you want to run-- it's awesome motivation!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    c25k is amazing!!! I could barely complete w1d1... and I am starting week 7 on Sunday. I do it Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday so I have my Friday's and Saturday's off. I've lost 7 pounds since I started and I plan on re-doing the program once I graduate so I can get faster! 

Just do it... and push yourself to run the whole time. You can do anything for 'one more minute!'
  • edited December 2011
    c25k is amazing!!! I could barely complete w1d1... and I am starting week 7 on Sunday. I do it Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday so I have my Friday's and Saturday's off. I've lost 7 pounds since I started and I plan on re-doing the program once I graduate so I can get faster! 

Just do it... and push yourself to run the whole time. You can do anything for 'one more minute!'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards