Christian Weddings
Options

WR:Finding yet another person to do opening prayer.

So as some of you know my dad is the officiant for the wedding. My dad is also walking me down the aisle. The only problem is at the very beginning we need someone to stand with FI and do the opening prayer and say "who gives this woman to this man". We orginally wanted FI's mentor to do this and he couldn't come. Then we wanted Fi's pastor to do it and he can't do it. Then we wanted the pastor of the church we are getting married in to do it and he said yes but now can't do it because he's moving his mother to north FL that weekend. So still no one to do it. I'm open to  other men that ya'll think could do the job.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR:Finding yet another person to do opening prayer.

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Is there a youth pastor or worship pastor from either of your churches that could do it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about a deacon at the church where your FI's pastor is, or a deacon from your church?  We often have our deacons and group leaders do welcoming or opening prayers, so that's the first thing that came to mind.  Is there one that you and your FI, or you and your Dad particularly respect and would love to have him fill that special role? 

I also second the youth pastor suggestion if you know them. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Does it have to be a minister/leader of some sort?

How about your grandpa or a close uncle?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking about asking Fi's father or grandfather to do it so that his family is included in the ceremony. These are all wonderful ideas. Please be praying that someone will say yes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will do, girlie!!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GL! Did you have any ideas? (since I am posting this way late, maybe you already found someone!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards