Christian Weddings

I Have a Daughter!

Hi everyone,

Please excuse the rather belated birth announcement.  I've been one busy momma!

We named our baby girl Zoë Sung-En. Her Chinese name, 丁恩, means "extolling grace."  As her first name means "life," we hope her life will extol the matchless grace of her Creator.

About the delivery: Zoë came to us after 41 weeks and 6 days of uncomplicated pregnancy . The last few days of waiting were really rough. I just couldn't help feeling disappointed.about never going into labor on my own, and needing a suppository to get contractions started. God was so gracious, though: after I received the suppository (prostaglandins) around 10:30 p.m. on the 5th, contractions began in earnest around 12:30 p.m. on the 6th. Zoë was born at 9:56 that night, which means less than ten hours of labor.  I received no meds nor interventions following the suppository, and am thoroughly pleased with how the birth played out. At the end of one hour of pushing, as our little girl's shoulders emerged. the midwife said to me, "[Mrs. Ting], reach down and pull your baby out!"  Without thinking, I obeyed.  It was the most amazing moment.

As we planned. H announced the gender to me. We are so pleased to have had a girl.  That first night with her was just incredible.  I remember H putting his hand on her tiny misshapen head and blessing her as we gave thanks for our little gift there in our recovery room.  We've never been so tired, or so happy. 

Here's our little girl at seven days old:

H with Zoë :

EDIT: My siggy isn't updating.  I'll have to try again later. I'm definitely not 45 weeks pregnant, ha!

Re: I Have a Daughter!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards