Christian Weddings
Options

Chris Tomlin!!!

Back story - I was in the hospital for emergency surgery from a very life threatening infection the spring of '09. I was in for a week and I was supposed to go to a Chris Tomlin concert (I was taking the group of 8th grade girls I lead in Bible study). I ended up getting out of the hospital the day before the concert. I went to the concert in a wheelchair (the surgery had been to remove the necrotic lymph nodes where my thigh meets my pelvis) and on a pick line IV drip. During one of the songs in the concert it sang of how God was our healer and I felt God telling me in my heart "I am not finished with you yet." The enormity of my illness hit me all at once and I started crying because of the words God put in my heart of how he had saved me and he so much more planned for me.

Current story - There is a Christian radio station called Way FM that is played here in South Florida. They were the ones who put on that concert. Tonight when I was working at Starbucks a couple came in and the man was wearing a fleece with a Way FM logo on it. I told him they were my favorite station when they came to the the register. He said he was glad I liked it! I asked him if he worked there and he said he was the manager! I had heard him several times on the radio!!! I then ended up telling him a (slightly) shortened version of the back story I told you. He told me that Chris Tomlin was coming back this spring. I told him he I knew and wanted to go, just wasn't sure what finances would be if I'd be able to afford it. He and his wife ordered their drinks and I told him they were on the house. They were generally surprised I did that. Then he leans in and says that if I gave him my name and address...he would send me some free tickets to this year's Chris Tomlin concert!!!! He said he didn't want money to be a reason that I didn't get to go! And he said he'd been planning on doing that even before I comped the drinks. So I almost immediately text FI and told him that we're going to see Chris Tomlin!!! We'd talked about going but weren't sure if it would be in the budget. I am so excited! I almost started crying when he told me that...what a blessing!!!

Re: Chris Tomlin!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOOOOOOOOHTTTTT!  If I were you, I would be jumping up and down.  Chris Tomlin is an AMAZING vocalist and I would LOVE to go to one of his events in person.  :-) 

WOW, what a blessing!!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, awesome! He came here a few months ago, but I didn't get to go. Some people from my church went, though, and said he was AMAZING! (I did go to the Mercy Me concert a few months ago, though, and it was phenomenal). What a cool thing that you got to meet the station manager! What an awesome gift from God! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow what a great story! How exciting, and a great twist of fate from God. :) You will have so much fun!
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so neat! Congrats!
  • Options
    Tauner23Tauner23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet! I listen to Mornings with Brant on WayFM every morning. It's cool to hear that the manager would do that for you. Have fun at the concert! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards