Christian Weddings
Options

different BM dresses?

I am just wondering if anyone else is having different BM dresses. All my BMs are VERY different body shapes. my Maid of Honor is my 17 yr old neice who is super tall and super thin..she has a GREAT body! my Matron of Honor is my sister who is a cool, hip 38 yr old who has had 2 children. and my BM is my FSIL who is heavier. SSOOOO what is going to look good on one..won't look good on the other. i decided to have all of them choose black dresses (my colors are red, black, and white) in the same material (satin) all from DB. here is what they will be...i am pretty sure. BM MAY change. 

BM (look at the plus size model)

Matron of Honor (look at the plus size model)

Maid of Honor

please tell me what you all think. 

Re: different BM dresses?

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think they'll look fine together.  All I told my girls was pool blue, knee length, no cleavage.  This is what 3 of them have picked so far:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    those look great!!!! (: 

oh good!!! i am glad someone is doing it too! (:
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is fine to do same color, same length but different dresses.  My only concern withe what you posted was that you said your niece is really tall - I am wondering how short the dress is on her.  It looks kind of short on the model.  But all three dresses are very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it will all look good!!

I found my BM dresses on sale at dress barn for 35 bucks!! So they just all bought the same ones, being they are so cheap.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    joesgirl - ya...we were concerned with that too. but she's not THAT tall..she is 5'5...lol...and i am almost 5'3 so..to me she's TALL!!! haha. she just has great legs. 

good -  i am feeling more confident! (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very nice! I love the maid of honor dress! My BM's all got the same dress because they are all around the same size and they all liked the same dress. But I was in a wedding last summer and we all had different dresses in the same color and it looked great! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't delved that far into planning yet, but I think what I want to do is have all of my BMs wear the same dress and have my MOH wear a different style of the same color dress.  I saw that once in a wedding and liked the way it looked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya....i saw a wedding like that too! it looks really good!!!
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cute! Can't go wrong with little black dresses!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya! thanks! thats how i feel! i was worried about it...and at first i wanted to have brighter summery colors...but now i am happy about our colors. (:
    my FI chose our colors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what I did.  I picked a designer (Alfed Angelo) and asked all my BMs to pick out a knee-length, satin dress that came in eggplant.  All five ended up picking a different style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the dresses you picked.  The second one - Have you considered adding a peek-a-boo slip to it?  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amongthelilies, fpaemp & sara - Love the dresses!!

I let my sister pick her dress because she's MOH, then ended up with a BM so I let her pick hers too.  :)  I wanted knee length because it's spring but my sister wanted floor so I let her have what she wanted lol.  Doesn't matter to me!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think as long as the color and the length are the same it'll look great and your BM's will be comfortable. I just don't like it when BM's are wearing different dresses in different colors and different lengths and they're just a hodge podge of different dresses and they no longer look like they're part of a wedding party.

My girls all wore the same dress, but my MOH wore it in the opposite colors of the dress and sash as the other BM's so she stood out as the MOH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards