Christian Weddings
Options

i'm seeing my FI on wednesday!

I am sure you all know by now that me and my FI have been doing long distance. I have not seen him since Christmas. 

Wednesday he will be flying home and me and my FSIL will be picking him up from the airport. i am soooo nervous! lol. 

i feel like going out and buying new clothes, makeup, and getting my hair done. lol. 

Re: i'm seeing my FI on wednesday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad you get to see him! Treat yourself and buy new things for the occasion. We all know you need it with the stress of wedding planning ;)
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! So happy for you.

I think you should go get a new outfit. It will make you feel great, and be kind of a gift for him too :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know why I am so emotional lately.  I teared up reading your post.  So excited for you!  I can't imagine doing long distance.  Will one of you be moving when you get married?
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!!  I get to see mine in 10 days!  So excited for the two of you!!

And Happy Birthday, Monica!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    emily - oh i am soooo excited for you too! and thank you!!! 

i think i will buy a new outfit (or a few...my FMIL gave me money to buy clothes for my bday). (: i also wanna buy some new make up..... i need some anyways. hehe. 

adrinkard - awh... you teared up? (: (: (: 
    we have been doing long distance because he has been going to a ministry school like 12 hours away! 
    he is moving home to stay though. (:
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yaya!  I am glad you are going to see him!!  I would ask to get a ride to the airport.  When I came off the plane when I was LDR it was the oddest feeling but really special at the same time.  I also recommend getting a mani!  I always feel really elegant after I paint my nails. :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oooohhh... good advice, ravenray! thanks!!!

ya....right now...i am feeling sooo awkward! lol. like..what am i gonna do? how will i look? how will he look? and it doesnt help that i havnt seen him since Christmas (with the exception of him sending my a pic of him in his graduation outfit last night. he looked sooo handsome!)

i will let you all know how it goes though. lol
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm so glad your FI is finally coming home. I can't imagine being long distance like that. I have so much admiration for you ladies who are not only in relationships with someone far away but engaged to them and trying to plan a wedding!

Ditto pp's.. definitely go get a new outift and get a mani/pedi :0)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya... i never thought that i could do ANYTHING like this. i never wanted to do a LDR and especially not how we had to do it (without communication) and then to be planning a weddng on top of it!!!! 

i am confident that martin and i can get through anything! (: 

ya..i think i will go shopping today and do my nails tomorrow. (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_im-seeing-fi-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c4d5e7cc-5495-44f2-b586-f12c79b65d92Post:9b3e2828-0e89-420a-85ec-e48b08dd0a36">Re: i'm seeing my FI on wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]adrinkard - awh... you teared up? (: (: (:  we have been doing long distance because he has been going to a ministry school like 12 hours away!  he is moving home to stay though. (:
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

<div>I cry at the drop of a hat and always have, but since the tornados in Alabama 2 weeks ago, I've cried about everything.  I'm a mess!  I'm so glad he'll be home with you soon!!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awh..i am cryer too! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want pics of this reunion or I declare your FI to be imaginary.  :-P

Lol, just kidding.  But really, I'm so happy for you!  Treat yourself to hair/nails/clothes as PPs have suggested, and have a great time seeing your FI again!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you!!! haha. i know...i wish someone would take pics of it! lol. (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been thinking about you this weekend, lilies!  Hope you have a wonderful time seeing your FI after so long.  You've been SO patient!!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! I'm so happy for you!! (I wish I could like this post) I agree I want some pictures. :)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I've typed that sentence so many times in the last month. :) You guys will be on my mind on Wednesday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yayyyyy! So excited for you! Have fun! 

PS- I am a crier too! 

PPS- Monica, I just realized you and your FI are M&M's. Haha I love it! 
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Enjoy that special moment tomorrow!!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you ladies! i am sooo stinking excited!!!

ashnoel - we are m&ms! lol. Thats why for our wedding favors we are doing pink and purple m&ms. i thought it was cute and clever! hehe
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so excited for you!  I have recently had a reunion of my own with D, due to different circumstances and I promise it will be all you hoped for and more.  I am going to buy a new outfit for his graduation next week!  You guys are in my prayers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awh..thanks! i think i am gonna go shopping today too! (:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY TOMORROW!! Woooo!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is so exciting!!! I vote do whatever makes you feel lovely :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards