Christian Weddings
Options

Inspirational Mondays

What has inspired you this past week? Anything from a verse to a full sermon?

let us know and inspire some of us! (: 

Re: Inspirational Mondays

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This verse: In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. (1 Peter 5:10)

FI and I have been having hard times lately (not with our relationship, just things that are out of our hands), and saw this verse last week and it really has put me at peace.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow!!! that is an AMAZING verse!!! sooooo encouraging!  thank you for sharing! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a great verse! I am going to have to make a note of that on in my bible

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sermon that started that a lot of Christians today aren't disciples.  We (not all, but probably a lot at some point or another) live like this:

Serve God moderately.
    Love others when it practical.
    Live under 5 suggestions.

We should live like:
    Serve God completely.
    Love others passionately.
    And be faithful to the 10 commandments.

Made me think about how often I'm being a true disciple of Christ compared to just being a good person with some Christian values.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow!!!!! that is amazing!!!!! (: sooooo good! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The other day I read the story of David and Goliath while doing my Year of the Bible readings. Of course, I have known this story since I was a kid, but it was nice to read it again to remember that, no matter how small we may feel, we can conquer anything with God on our side! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so mine isn't so much a specific verse or quote or anything, but something i've been learning over this past year. i've really been learning to trust God as my provider and sustainer. i spent all last semester job-hunting, and finally got a job in january, and that lasted about a month and a half when they suddenly decided to let me go out of nowhere. it took me about another month or so to find the job i have now.
    i was really discouraged by all of it especially with having to jump back into job searching and was afraid i'd be rejected again, but i just kept having this feeling of needing to let it go and let God take care of me/us in this situation. the job i have now, i had just gone in to turn in the application on a whim, had an awesome interview, a really good phone interview, and now i'm almost done with my training.

i'm getting paid more than before, and am getting more consistent hours (retail vs. restaurant business) and its closer to our new place than the other job i had. i am almost done with my training and i'm loving it so far and cannot tell you how grateful i am for how God has been working in me during all of this!

i didn't realize my post was gonna end up being this long haha ;) but there it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards