Christian Weddings
Options

Need Prayer? Put your praises/requests here (Wk of 3/6)

Ladies - you know what to do.  I'm still praying for those requests from last week and would love to hear of any answered prayers.

Re: Need Prayer? Put your praises/requests here (Wk of 3/6)

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today this was posted by yarmik89 and I didn't want it to get lost:

so a little background for my prayer request. after my summer job ended in august, i was unemployed (usually my on-campus job starts up again in the fall but due to change in management, i got lost in the shuffle i guess you could say and ended up without any shifts/unemployed) so i spent all last semester looking for a job and FINALLY ended up getting hired towards the end of january. 
    near the end of my shift today two of my managers pulled me aside and said they were gonna have to let me go because it just didn't seem like i was getting it, and that i get flustered when its busy (it was a hosting job at a restaurant) and that it just isn't the right fit for me. i just about had a meltdown-first off because i was really feeling like i was getting a handle on it just fine, while adjusting in a few areas (as i assumed was to be expected), and because i normally don't get flustered at work (i usually handle stress pretty well, and there were only a few times where i was getting overwhelmed, mainly due to working the shift alone, or because one of the managers that was there had been trying to help, but was throwing my routine/system off). 
    i feel wronged because if i had been doing something wrong, i wasn't aware of it and it was never mentioned to me, which i assume would be the normal procedure. i also don't feel like that is a legit reason to fire me, and i don't really understand.
    i'm going to try to call some employee resource line or something this week because i feel like i need to understand better what happened before i go looking for another job (i want to be able to fix what went wrong or improve somehow if that's what it was), but regardless, i'm really stressing out about it now because we're getting married in 3 months, i'm out of a job now (again) and we need to start looking for and applying for apartments (FI is only working part-time because of school, i'm going to go FT after may since i'll be graduated then). so there's that, and i'm feeling really rejected and confused. 
    i am trying to see where God is in this and how he's orchestrating this for us, but its really hard right now, so i need prayers for finding a job, resolving what happened, and for me to be able to trust God to take care of us in this time.
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Many prayers for you, Yarmik.  If I see job postings, do you want me to send them your way?

My request this week may seem strange, but here it is anyway.  We adopted a new dog today!!  His name is Cody and he's adorable.  However, our first dog, Jacko, isn't so sure about this.  They get along just fine; if they didn't we never would have brought Cody home, but now that he's realizing Cody is staying it's a little weird.  They're both adjusting, we're adjusting, and I don't do well with change as it is.  Prayers for patience for all of us and that the dogs adapt to each other quickly and learn to love each other would be great.  Also, guidance for knowing how to keep Jacko from feeling slighted while at the same time being able to give Cody the great quality of life Jacko has gotten to enjoy since being adopted.  Both are rescues from the same shelter and they are both part Border Collie.  I'll post some pictures later :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Drama - not strange at all.  I understand that it will be challenging and hope all goes well.  Looking forward to pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My puppy is getting Triple Pelvic Osteotomy surgery tomorrow. She is an 8 month lab and she feels like my daughter. I am very hopeful for the surgery because she has severe hip dysplasia and this surgery will make it so that she will be able to run and play like a normal dog. I'm just scared because surgery kinda freaks me out, even though it isn't me. I'd appreciate any good vibes & prayers for my little baby Tory!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    musical, our boys are our babies, 100%, so I totally understand how you're feeling.  We'll pray for Tory tonight and in the morning.  Don't forget to update us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is having a lot of trouble at school lately, and his confidence is rock bottom because of it. Maybe some prayer his way would change things around for him. I hate to see him so bummed :(
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    drama--thank you, and I will pray for your adjustment with the new dog in the house!

Christine-- I definitely understand how that can go, as my FI has had that battle with school as well before. Prayers for him, I hope he is able to keep his spirits up.
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm job hunting too. Please pray that I find something quickly, or if nothing comes up, that I am able to keep myself occupied in other productive ways. I'm starting to go stir crazy being home alone all day.

Also, my grandmother is still in a care center after her surgery - probably for another 4 weeks or so. They say that she can leave once her foot heals and she can walk again. Her stubbornness will probably help her get there faster, but pray that she doesn't overdo it.

And I'm praying for the rest of you as well. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Request(s): FI and I had to move our wedding up to next week (CRAZYYYY!) due to job opportunities. We both have interviews for FT positions in our chosen career fields ( I just graduated from Nursing, FI is a pastor) at the last of March, and my start date would be second week of April. Did I mention the positions are 6 hours away from our hometowns?! We will still have our wedding in July (bc it is paid in full) so we are just having a small ceremony next week and our wedding still in July (everyone will know we are already married, it will be more of a celebration). So please pray that I have passed my nursing boards (get the results next week), that FI and I get the jobs, and that everything goes smoothly with the upcoming early start to our marriage! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll keep this kind of short... I am just not sure that my new job is right for me (and I've only been there for 3 days now).  I'm going to keep looking and hopefully over the summer I can get into a different school district.  In the meantime, I need patience and grit to make it through each day.  I teach middle school music (right now doing chorus and general music), and started in band (where my first love is).  I guess what I need is God's reassurance that I'm in the right place and I need for Him to carry me through this.  I'm struggling personally to be "okay" with this decision and I just don't think it would look good for me to jump to ANOTHER school so quickly.  Ugh.  I have cried pretty much every night this week and am in tears now too.  I miss the school where I was, even though it was only part-time.  I miss being able to walk into the school building and know that teachers would be respected no matter what.  And the media wonders why teachers struggle to get students to perform and to be proficient.  We need parents to come into the classroom and to support teachers 100% at home, too.  I'm tired of parents telling their kid that if they have to go to the bathroom to just walk out of class, no matter what the teacher says.  Seriously????  UGH. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have an ongoing pray request. 

My FI used to work for an asphalt company here in our hometown. The owner of the company is an amazing man of God and goes to our church with us. My FI used to work for him before when my FI was still in the world and very lost. 
    Kevin (the owner) has seen my FI turn his life around and fall in love with Jesus over the past few years and has offered him a job this summer. 
    we need LOTSS of prayer that Kevin will gets tons and tons of business so that my FI can work a lot and Kevin can start him out with great pay! We also need prayer that we have a long season (once the rain starts the season is over...last summer we had a short summer with lots of rain!). It will be sad to not see my FI because of all the work......but it will be great money that we can use for our new apartment and the wedding. 
    Once the major season is over..hopefully my FI can do smaller jobs and then even get on unemployment during the off season so he can focus on school. 
    please pray!

also.........we are trying to figure out living situation when my FI is home. (we are doing long distance...and i currently living with his family...but when he gets home we dont want to live under the same roof...that way it is that much more fun and exciting when we move in together). 
    We are praying..that since he will be working so much with Kevin anyways (they travel a lot for their job and can be out of town for a week at a time on a job) that he can stay with Kevin during the summer. 
    PLEASE PLEASE pray! thank you! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I will pray for all of you!
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know I don't post a lot, but if even one person could pray about this, it would mean so much to me.  So, background: FI has struggled with anxiety and depression since he was a teen.  It came in waves, sometimes lasting a long time, sometimes only a little. Within the past 2 years, things have been a little worse--anxiety and depression increased in frequency, stomach pains also happened frequently, constant headaches, kidney stones every other month, sick more frequently, etc.  Anyway, he would go to the VA for his symptoms (he got out of the USAF 2 years ago and just used VA until he got real job insurance when we realized the VA was terrible) and they wouldn't do much, usually just elevated doses of motrin.  He began going to my doctor once he got real insurance in January.  Doctor decided to do a "precautionary test" just to "rule everything out".  Anyway, long story short, the precautionary test turned up positive a month later and FI has a rare (1 in 100000) tumor called pheochromocytoma. 

It's partly a blessing bcause it explains all of the weird medical stuff that's been going on, but if you could please pray that it isn't serious (malignant) and that we caught it early enough, that would be greatly appreciated by us both. 

On a praiseworthy note: We're leaving on a cruise on Saturday for the Eastern Caribbean! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    I'll pray. Tumors (cancerous or not) are terrifying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ally - I will also pray.  Enjoy the cruise!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've got everyone in my prayers today too.  I had to take a sick day - I can barely talk right now and I'm dizzy and my nose is running like crazy... not the time to spread sickness to the students if I can help it, right?  Anyway, God gave me a break.  I started on the wedding ceremony programs today.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I could still use prayers on the housing situation.  The wedding is only a couple of weeks away now (yippee) but I've only had 1 offer on my house and it wasn't really serious  (an insulting lowball offer that I'm countering but don't expect him to meet).  Also, my FI, who lives 150 miles away, still hasn't been able to find a place for us to live that will take my furbaby.  I was hoping to start moving some of my stuff in next weekend so I could start settling in a little the week before the wedding to be in his town to help finalize details for the wedding.

Oh, and I still don't know if I have a job after the wedding or not because my boss is still thinking about it.   Nothing like a little stress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a praise!!  DH and I travelled about 3 hours away on Friday to go to a hockey game.  One of his college friends is a radio announcer for a minor league team and if he comes any near us, we usually try to go see him.

On the way home (11:30 p.m.) we were getting on the PA turnpike and the lights in his dash started coming on.  This has happened before when he was having problems with his alternator (which was replaced in September and wasn't cheap!).  We backed off of the entrance to the turnpike and into a gas station.  The car died.  We sat there for a few minutes talking about what to do and decided the safest thing would be to stay overnight there in that town and go to a garage in the morning if the car was still having problems.

We got a room even though we didn't have extra clothes, toothbrush, comb, etc.  To make a long story shorter we talked to Advanced Auto Parts (they were so kind and helpful), ended up getting towed by AAA (the tow truck driver was also so kind and helpful) and got to a garage that was open today and could help.  They found that a belt had gotten off-track and fell off so they fixed it.  We ended up paying over $200 that we didn't expect but are so thankful that God kept us safe and we broke down in a town instead of the middle of nowhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards